9x01 I Think I'm Gonna Like it Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I definitely believe the final plea of Dean to Sam were Dean's words not Ezekiel's. I havent found the angel's to be the most convincing emotionally when lying while this was one of the more compelling speeches of Dean to Sam.
    Jensen confirmed it was Ezekiel speaking. It was Ezekiel impersonating Dean.

I hope Cas begins acting more human and natural in episodes to come. The clueless angel as comedy is getting old after he has been around the Winchesters for 5 seasons ( heck he even lived most of one pretending to be married and human).
    Totally agree. I hate how they are making Cas look/behave like an idiot. The writing (dare I say portrayal, at times? Sorry, Misha. Love ya) for him has been mostly atrocious since season 7. Season 6 character-assassinated him, but at least he was still competent/functional, despite being misguided.

Also, I was thinking about how everything is so arbitrary.... Carver and co confirmed that Cas doesn't know how to drive, and that is one of the hardships he'll have to overcome in trying to get back to the Winchesters. Why was Hael - who's been on Earth 5 minutes - able to drive, then?

This is seriously bugging me (not that there aren't worst problems in the show...)

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
      The Angel/Host mythology is all over the place. I hated it from the beginning so I guess I am not to bothered if it*is changed. But Sam has had his body molecularly changed so perhaps that makes a difference. While Castiel had this spell placed on him to make him human which could account for the host being strong enough for another angel. I think it is all stupid, I dont care what they do.
      My take on it is that every angel has a vessel / angel that is ideal to them, but while not as ideal the vessel of a stronger angel is able to hold him indefinitely without exploding. So for example if one were to say Michael as the most powerful angel in existence is a 100 power, Lucifer was 98, Cas and Zachariah as Seraphs were 70 etc. Then that would mean Hael as an average ranking angel say 50 could possess Castiel's level 70 vessel body without issues and Sam and Dean can host pretty much every angel in existence.

As I mentioned in my review this doesn't even have to be seen as going against canon since season five was all about Lucifer and Michael looking for their vessels. And as the most powerful angels in existence they obviously did not have stronger alternatives to the boys they could use

I feel like the angel is the only thing keeping him alive similar to how a demon possession can keep a mortally wounded person alive.
      That was actually my thoughts also, but then someone replying to my review on Livejournal pointed out we actually do have history of angels healing up their hosts body. For instance Castiel was shot at multiple times in Lazarus Rising and if he did not heal his host while possessing him then Jimmy should have died in a similar manner to Meg when he vacated the body in The Rapture . So Ezekiel could be healing up Sam's body in a similar manner.

I was surprised that a side of Sam took complete credit of rescuing Bobby when Dean was the one who orchestrated the escape from Purgatory.
      Well I think Sam's conscious was right to point out it was Sam not Dean who physically rescued Bobby from hell

Originally posted by Francy View Post
      Jensen confirmed it was Ezekiel speaking. It was Ezekiel impersonating Dean.
      Although I personally thought from the start it was Ezekiel. Jensen actually said he acted out the scene as though it was Ezekiel. But from the way he said it my take is that while that's the way he acted the scene out none of the writers actually said that to him. Of course I hope they keep it as Ezekiel because I find the "There ain't no me" line positively cringeworthy

Totally agree. I hate how they are making Cas look/behave like an idiot. The writing (dare I say portrayal, at times? Sorry, Misha. Love ya) for him has been mostly atrocious since season 7. Season 6 character-assassinated him, but at least he was still competent/functional, despite being misguided.
      As I mention in my review I didn't really mind Castiel's behaviour in this episode. To me for the first half of the episode Castiel was clearly shocked and trying to take in what happened. And if you consider the words of Anna in Heaven and Hell Castiel is supposed to be feeling emotions more intensely than ever and considering the fact he has just went through a traumatic and life changing experience... It makes sense to me it's initial shock. Especially if you compare it to his more quick thinking behaviour in the second half of the episode

Also, I was thinking about how everything is so arbitrary.... Carver and co confirmed that Cas doesn't know how to drive, and that is one of the hardships he'll have to overcome in trying to get back to the Winchesters. Why was Hael - who's been on Earth 5 minutes - able to drive, then?

This is seriously bugging me (not that there aren't worst problems in the show...)
      Kinda relevant

Poor Misha trying to be all deep thinking in his acting choices only to be followed by... Not so deep thinking actors

Edit: (the actual report on what Jensen said about the end scene.

Lynn: In the scene where Dean is trying to convince Sam not to go with Death, and says that memorable line, “There ain’t no me if there ain’t no you,” alot of us weren’t sure if that was actually Dean — if Ezekiel sent Dean in to convince Sam and then switched places with him to possess Sam — or if that was Ezekiel looking like Dean. When you were doing that scene, how were you playing it?

Jensen: I was playing it as Ezekiel.

Lynn: (gasping rather dramatically) Noooooo, that’s not the answer I want!

Jensen: (probably rolling his eyes a little at Lynn. Which is totally understandable) Sorry!

He went on to explain that Ezekiel was, however, expressing Dean’s genuine feelings about Sam, but putting it in words that Dean himself probably would never say out loud.

Lynn: *looks less traumatized*

In other words, the line was the truth, but we all know that Dean’s not very good at putting his feelings out there, which even Lynn had to admit was true. Jensen said similar things have happened in other scenes between Dean and Cas and between Dean and Sam.
      Source: http://fangasmthebook.wordpress.com/...t-toronto-con/
      Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 15-10-13, 06:15 PM.
      Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

Working...
      X