Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural Ending with 20 episode Season 15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernatural Ending with 20 episode Season 15.

End of an era. Also with this and Arrow ending big shift coming for the CW.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/22/superna...-ackles-video/

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Oooo there might be a complete box set come out then and I can finally watch it all. I'm pretty much entirely unspoiled still.
      Last edited by Stoney; 23-03-19, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I didn't watch the video, but I do think it's time. 15 years is a long time to run and the show hasn't been fresh for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          Oooo there might be a complete box set come out then and I can finally watch it all. I'm pretty much entirely unspoiled still.
          Whoa. Good luck. That'll be 327 TV hours once all is said and done.

Comment

I don't think SN got the credit it deserved. It lasted because it connected with viewers. Some seasons were stronger than others but it was very solid for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
              I don't think SN got the credit it deserved. It lasted because it connected with viewers. Some seasons were stronger than others but it was very solid for 15 years.
              It started out as a really enjoyable show with at least one cute lead (Dean ). The stories were fun and I liked the mythology, but never took it too seriously. As it went on it seemed to repeat the same stories over and over and you could predict what was going to happen. But I totally agree, the leads are beloved by the fandom, and they really connected to the audience in a way any show runner would probably sell a body part for. So I give them credit for that.

Comment

Oh thank god this is ending! Far overstayed It's welcome imo.

Comment

I've seen only one episode after 5th season. And only because of James and Charisma. I'm very surprised that they've lasted so long.

Comment

I've just gotten into this show recently (I watched the first-season finale today), after being lured in by fan works. I gotta say, so far, it's addictive. The emotional/character vibe reminds me a little of Farscape, and that's a compliment. I could actually see myself watching 15 seasons and going into withdrawal when I finish.

Plus, I find something refreshing about how not-high-concept it is. I hear that some of the later episodes are annoyingly preachy, but, so far, it's just about the brothers' personal angst and adventures; the writers aren't trying to filmsplain social and political issues to the supposed moron classes. You can make more out of it, or you can enjoy a simple wallow in quality whump. There aren't enough shows where you have those options.

Comment

• bespangeled
                      bespangeled commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have some excellent crossover fiction. They're all either Spike/Dean, or Spander. But I know there are many other pairings.

I've just read that Seasons 1 - 14 are on Netflix . . . I'm thinking of rewatching/watching them all (I gave up on this show about half way through). Don't worry, I won't be doing an ep by ep commentary a la GoT

Comment

I've never seen Supernatural and know very, very little about it. It is on my list of shows to see/get, but I don't have Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                        I've never seen Supernatural and know very, very little about it. It is on my list of shows to see/get, but I don't have Netflix.
                        It's not a great show, but it does have a few interesting characters. It's lasted far too long, and from memory I found a lot of the stories repeated, because there was only so much the writers could say. At the end of every seasons one or the other brother either died or lost their memory, they were always separated for one reason or another. But it was quite a fun show.

Comment

I disagree. It is a great show.

Comment

Dunno whether it qualifies as great but I liked it enough to buy half the series on DVD - don't know why I never continued with it...must have got distracted.

I found a lot of the stories repeated, because there was only so much the writers could say.
                            Hmm...you could probably say that about most shows. There's only so many stories to be told. I suppose it's the WAY they tell them rather than the WHAT.
                            Last edited by TriBel; 06-05-19, 01:17 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X