Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural Ending with 20 episode Season 15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked and Netflix UK are not showing Supernatural, it must just be the US Netflix that has it. How annoying!

Comment

Canada Netflix stopped carrying it before posting the last two seasons. So annoying.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        I've never seen Supernatural and know very, very little about it. It is on my list of shows to see/get, but I don't have Netflix.
        Imo you're not missing much. I found It to be quite dreadful. The writing alone was bloody awful. The only actor I could even remotely stand was the bloke playing the Angel, who seemed quite charming, but that alone could not save It for me sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          Oooo there might be a complete box set come out then and I can finally watch it all. I'm pretty much entirely unspoiled still.
          It's addictive!!! Or it's not, lol! Most people either love it immediately or can see promise by the end of S1. Otherwise not much point going too far into S2.

I went in with a lot of reasons to hate it (including being upset at WB for just canceling Angel). But it flipped all my expectations storywise immediately in the first episode. It has got its flaws. Oh it does! But the sibling relationship resonates, in particular, the tug of war of their estrangement yet being connected by history.

Some things do repeat, but it is not by accident. Those stories and moments are to show something has changed and a lesson should have been learned by us the viewers or them the characters. The show can be extremely meta at points. It depends on what experiences you bring with you. The best shows arent about entertainment but instead helping to reveal something about yourself. Supernatural really aligned in my life so I'm trepidatious about not having it.

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
          I don't think SN got the credit it deserved. It lasted because it connected with viewers. Some seasons were stronger than others but it was very solid for 15 years.
          I very much agree! So many people are still discovering it. It blows my mind how many people have never heard of it. Supernatural does an admirable job appealing to several types of fandoms. There are people who only love arcs. Others that love the horror and simple monster episodes. Some are just for the brother moments. Some love the humor episodes or absurd and meta stories. For every fan who passionately loves one of these types, theres fans that despise that type. I appreciate Supernatural for including all types, even if it makes some episodes unwatchable blech, i know i will get something uniquely amazing for me in another episode.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Its almost all done Is anyone here keeping up to date with the final season?

Comment

• Stoney
              Stoney commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty much unspoiled for the whole show and am going to be looking out for the complete box set. Then I'll have some serious viewing to do!!

• DanSlayer
              DanSlayer commented
              Editing a comment
              Posting in a bit, not sure how the forum works for notifications now, but Stoney avoid my other post via spoilers.

I used to really like it. I have the first six seaons on DVD, but the start of 7 turned me off and I lost interest. I would like to catch up tho - maybe now it is over i will stream it some place.

Comment

• Quake
              Quake commented
              Editing a comment
              Season 6 is an absolute drag, I think it lost many viewers around that time, but if you like the characters, its worth continuing with.

The final season's been uneven as hell. (Pun intended). I like the character moments like with Kevin, bringing back Eileen, Rowena becoming Queen of Hell.
            Spoiler:

But other stuff is frustrating. Lillth came back and apparently just died in Michael/Adam's flash. Adam/Michael still have more story to go, and hopefully Amara though why they didn't call for her sooner is grating. it was nice to see Garth again as the one that got out of the life and an actual happy ending, but I don't know it was worth a whole episode with so little time left. It was nice to explain the presence of other 'gods' in relation to Chuck but again, not something I was begging to know about this late. Chuck's big plan being so secret takes out the initial tension in the leadup, since we know it's just leadup and don't know what actually matters so far.
            I have no real idea where it's going, and not in an exciting way; with just 9 episodes left.

There's a theory
            Spoiler:
            Jack will become the New God to fulfill the world of peace vision Kelly saw before he was born,
            though I don't know where that leaves the brothers or Cass (whom still has the deal with the Shadow lingering over him).
            Last edited by DanSlayer; 06-02-20, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Quake
              Quake commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man, this was a spoiler for me too, the latest ep hasn't aired here yet and I didn't think I'd have to worry about speculation spoiling it either. If the theory is right I would have preferred to see that unfold through the show, I did not see that coming and it IS in an exciting way for me, although now I am sort of sad because it sound plausible and its taken some joy out of the final season. Are there not rules on spoilers and speculation on this forum? I'll keep that in mind for the future here.

I'm watching on Prime and it only goes to S14. Do you know when they'll add S15?

Comment

• DanSlayer
              DanSlayer commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably a month or two after it ends in May.

Thanks DanSlayer

Comment

Quake Oops. Sorry. It's generally considered fair game with the episodes that have aired, I had no way of knowing you were behind the US/Canada. The Jack theory is pretty common over the internet right now and given how I thought you were caught up, I didn't know I was spoiling something. Theories and speculation is considered fair game as is stuff that has aired, if you're behind, indicate that when you start a discussion next time so I don't accidentally do this again.

Comment

We definitely want to be considerate to others who may not be completely up to date. I think as there is often a difference between air dates in other countries spoiler tags are probably safer used for very recently aired episodes and generally about speculation whilst a new season is still releasing. This is unless the thread itself is marked as having spoilers. In the Rules and Posting Guidance we suggest spoiler tags outside of spoiler threads, where you would expect to find mention of rumours, theories and speculation.

DanSlayer If you could pop in spoiler tags that would be appreciated.

Comment

Tags added. If anyone wants to add to discussion on a currently airing topic but is behind; it would probably be best to let that be known in advance so this sort of accident doesn't happen again. Supernatural returns in mid-March to do it's final 9 episodes until May 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
                    Tags added. If anyone wants to add to discussion on a currently airing topic but is behind; it would probably be best to let that be known in advance so this sort of accident doesn't happen again. Supernatural returns in mid-March to do it's final 9 episodes until May 18th.
                    Thanks for adding those.

I do think it is reasonable to assume that some people may not be fully up to date with a season that is still airing. Yes it helps to let people know if you are behind but the forum convention when the comic seasons were releasing for example was to make it clear within the thread title if it will contain full spoilers up to a certain stage by the issue number being specified, or the title would state that it contained news and speculation. I'm not sure what has been done with shows that are airing but a similar process of flagging it in the thread title would seem to make sense still. There were quite a few posts by other members earlier in the thread where they referred to only being on earlier seasons or being unspoiled too. I tend to just skim past details because I'm used to avoiding spoilers coming to shows often really late, but an unfinished season is still likely to have people uncertain of current events I think so spoiler tags would be more cautious, or flagging it in the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepBlueJoy View Post
                      I used to really like it. I have the first six seaons on DVD, but the start of 7 turned me off and I lost interest. I would like to catch up tho - maybe now it is over i will stream it some place.
                      Haha, partly same here! First six seasons on DVD. Kept watching the others though, but never felt the need to buy them.
                      Have watched seasons 1-5 many times though.

Still, I'm glad I did keep up with it and want to see how it ends. I wouldn't recommend buying them all on dvd (unless it's a great bargain). But if you can watch them on Netflix or something, it's not a complete waste of time.

Comment

They've put out some funny bloopers of 15x10 while we wait for the lockdowns to be over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC39...ature=emb_logo

They've filmed 5 more episodes beyond what's aired but post-production needs to be done on them first and they still have the Final 2 to film. They have to wait for two lockdowns to end since they film in Canada but the actors and key parts of the staff are American.

Comment

Working...
                        X