Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by galathea View Post
    Robbie Thompson didn't have a great writing resume either when he joined SPN and look how well he turned out. I think much depends on how willing the new writer is to acquaint himself with the SPN universe and its characters.
    That is true and he appears to be rather young or at least he looks it in his twitter picture so here's hoping he proves to be a good find for the show . And of course that is true if I were on Twitter I'd ask him was he a fan of the show before he joined the writing team.

Nicole Snyder and Eric Charmelo were SPN writers first (S6) and then left the show to create/run Ringer for the CW.
    Oh yeah I knew that! It was more of a off hand observation / joke than anything due to the Ringer connection between the three
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Bittersweettwit View Post
      Oh yeah I knew that! It was more of a off hand observation / joke than anything due to the Ringer connection between the three
      Well, networks do make deals with creatives like actors and showrunners so it wasnt a bad guess. However, I do think for the most part writers are considered disposable and interchangeable in hollywood though.

Ringer had some good dialogue so I am hoping for that to continue to improve in Supernatural. It was embarrassingly bad and rote for many years, imo.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

• 9x05 Bad Boys

Episode 9.05 of Supernatural has a character called Robin, who is now in her 30's and is now a waitress at a small diner. She remembers Dean from their adolescent romance from nearly 20 years ago.
        This is probably the love interest for at least a one shot that Jared mentioned Jensen didn't know about the J2 Nerd HQ panel
        Livejournal

Comment

• Continued from the VIP thread:

Originally posted by Cori
          The one about (SN s9)

Dean keeping a terrible secret from Sam (more secrets! great! ) and it causing another rift between the brothers.

Well I don't want to blacklist SN in general, then I will miss out on lots of pretty pics. Stupid people, posting spoilers like that!
          When the spoiler was first released I had the same reservations however the information we've been given since has made me feel more relaxed. I've noticed in alot of interviews etc the emphasis they have been placing is on how Sam and Dean chose each other in the season finale and are now going into the season well and truly together. From the emphasis they keep placing on it unlike last year where the main focus of spoilers was on their conflict. I really don't think they intend to ruin the Sacrifice development by making this secret whatever it is lead to a huge blow out between the brothers
          Livejournal

Comment

• Yeah but as galathea mentioned in the VIP, this secret supposedly saddles Dean with a whole new level of guilt. As if Dean needed any more of that! I also don't like the fact that they are saying it's a big secret and the new season is all about consequences and big decisions Dean has to make and people have to reconsider who they are or something along those lines (I got spoiled about that).

Comment

I really don't think they intend to ruin the Sacrifice development by making this secret whatever it is lead to a huge blow out between the brothers
              Honestly, I can't share this optimism. I mean, in Sacrifice Dean is confronted with his brother's deep hurt over not being trusted and he made this huge declaration of love and tried to make Sam see that he never meant any of his hurtful statements - and then he turns around and lies to Sam, proving that he doesn't trust Sam with the truth, again! Yeah, that'll go over well. It completely contradicts the statement that Sam and Dean are well and truly together. So much for taking the development in Sacrifice as an impetus for change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cori View Post
                Yeah but as galathea mentioned in the VIP, this secret supposedly saddles Dean with a whole new level of guilt. As if Dean needed any more of that! I also don't like the fact that they are saying it's a big secret and the new season is all about consequences and big decisions Dean has to make and people have to reconsider who they are or something along those lines (I got spoiled about that).
                I guess we shall have to see what happens. It could end up being a case of Dean does something he feels guilty about to save Sam thinking he'll disapprove and then it turns out Sam has no issue with it. As I said the way they keep talking about how things are different this season due to the brothers being together makes me think they don't intend to make it anything too major.

Does it specify whether Dean has to reconsider who he is or just characters in general? Because that sounds like something that would apply most to Castiel what with him being newly human and needing to consider how being mortal changes who he is . So maybe that bit of the spoilers didn't apply to Dean at all? Unless of course it was Dean specifically mentioned?

Originally posted by galathea View Post
                Honestly, I can't share this optimism. I mean, in Sacrifice Dean is confronted with his brother's deep hurt over not being trusted and he made this huge declaration of love and tried to make Sam see that he never meant any of his hurtful statements - and then he turns around and lies to Sam, proving that he doesn't trust Sam with the truth, again! Yeah, that'll go over well. It completely contradicts the statement that Sam and Dean are well and truly together. So much for taking the development in Sacrifice as an impetus for change.
                I think we should wait and see what happens before stressing out too much. Maybe I'm just being optimistic (which is funny because I normally expect the worst ) but I think we should wait and see what this 'secret' is and how long he keeps it from Sam. We never know Dean himself may end up eventually being the one to tell Sam realising that keeping it secret is wrong of him
                Livejournal

Comment

I think we should wait and see what happens before stressing out too much. Maybe I'm just being optimistic (which is funny because I normally expect the worst ) but I think we should wait and see what this 'secret' is and how long he keeps it from Sam. We never know Dean himself may end up eventually being the one to tell Sam realising that keeping it secret is wrong of him
                  I have no doubt that Dean will feel awful keeping whatever the secret is from Sam, but even if he tells Sam - the point is that this sounds an awful lot like a rehash of S2's storyline about Dean keeping John's last words about Sam a secret from his brother. Just like last season's storyline was a rehash of S4/S6 storylines. The constant reset of the characters is just a major annoyance at this point. It makes a mockery of the character growth in the earlier seasons.

Comment

I have no doubt that Dean will feel awful keeping whatever the secret is from Sam, but even if he tells Sam - the point is that this sounds an awful lot like a rehash of S2's storyline about Dean keeping John's last words about Sam a secret from his brother. Just like last season's storyline was a rehash of S4/S6 storylines. The constant reset of the characters is just a major annoyance at this point. It makes a mockery of the character growth in the earlier seasons.
                    Yeah I do not enjoy that whatsoever. I swear I think Jeremy Carver has forgotten the show even existed before he became show runner! He has come out with stuff like "for the first time the brothers chose each other" uh haven't they done that before?
                    Livejournal

Comment

Does it specify whether Dean has to reconsider who he is or just characters in general? Because that sounds like something that would apply most to Castiel what with him being newly human and needing to consider how being mortal changes who he is . So maybe that bit of the spoilers didn't apply to Dean at all? Unless of course it was Dean specifically mentioned?
                      I think Bob Singer said in that sneak peek that all the main characters will have to reconsider who they are and then shots followed of Sam, Dean, Cas, Crowley, Kevin, if I remember correctly. So I don't think this applies exclusively to Cas but to the other characters I mentioned as well. So I just worry that not only will this secret create yet another rift between the boys and will Dean bear even more guilt, I also fear that the writing in season 9 will change the character of Dean into something I don't recognise anymore.

Comment

• A new extended promo has been released for anyone who has not seen it

http://supernatural-tv.livejournal.com/2538297.html

There are things in it I am extremly unhappy with! But I figured Id post it as there will be others who I imagine will be very happy with what it reveals
                        Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 17-09-13, 08:08 PM.
                        Livejournal

Comment

• The episode description for the season premiere is out:

“I Think I’m Gonna Like it Here” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)FALLEN ANGELS — Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won’t make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers. John Showalter directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver (#902).

That doesn't sound half bad. While I am not particularly pleased about the whole 'Dean makes a deal with an angel' part - apparently the characters learned nothing from the past - it's a far cry from the 'Dean feeds his brother demon blood' scenario, so I am relieved about that at least. I do look forward to exploring Sam's mind in the throes of death, though. I love episodes that show us the inner workings of the characters - like The Man Who Knew Too Much or Death's Door or What Is and What Should Never Be. I can only hope that Carver's writing does the character some justice - although I am not confident that it will.

Comment

The episode description for the season premiere is out:

“I Think I’m Gonna Like it Here” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)FALLEN ANGELS — Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won’t make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers. John Showalter directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver (#902).

That doesn't sound half bad. While I am not particularly pleased about the whole 'Dean makes a deal with an angel' part - apparently the characters learned nothing from the past - it's a far cry from the 'Dean feeds his brother demon blood' scenario, so I am relieved about that at least. I do look forward to exploring Sam's mind in the throes of death, though. I love episodes that show us the inner workings of the characters - like The Man Who Knew Too Much or Death's Door or What Is and What Should Never Be. I can only hope that Carver's writing does the character some justice - although I am not confident that it will.
                            My reaction to this is pretty much 'meh' if I'm being perfectly honest. Sounds like it'll be something similar to Death's Door with the whole being in a dying persons mind thing. That aspect has potential.

But Dean making yet another deal is just worthy and between that and some of the things we saw in the promo, my love for the character is just continuing to be destroyed. I find it hard to remain invested in a character who does not develop, at this point he feels more like a chariature than a real character to me. /end whining
                            Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 21-09-13, 11:33 AM.
                            Livejournal

Comment

• My problem is that I'm sick and tired of Sam being sick and Dean having to save him/look after him (and keeping deals secret from Sam, who then gets mad, only for the brothers to reunite again after a few episodes of bickering and reaffirm their undying devotion for each other for the gazillionth time). Physically sick and tired; when I think about this happening for the 375th time I just have a sick feeling and I want to stop watching. So this is entirely not exciting for me. But of course I'll be watching for Cas... they'll better not ruin this storyline too, or I'll be seriously out of there. I'm not very well disposed towards the show right now.

But I'm looking forward to seeing Tamoh Penickett as Ezekiel! Love him!!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                              Icon by xiperita

Comment

But Dean making yet another deal is just worthy and between that and some of the things we saw in the promo, my love for the character is just continuing to be destroyed. I find it hard to remain invested in a character who does not develop, at this point he feels more like a chariature than a real character to me. /end whining
                                I agree, actually. I love me some co-dependent brothers - those were the characters I fell in love with, after all - but I also like character development and Dean making a deal with an angel after making a similar deal for Sam's life in AHBL II negates every bit of character growth that happened since then. I liked the Dean from When The Levee Breaks and Appointment in Samarra, who realised that there are worse things than Sam’s death, namely a living, breathing Sam who is not Sam at all. Or the Dean from Swan Song, who acknowledged that there are things bigger than just he and Sam, when he agreed to Sam’s plan to become Lucifer’s vessel. If Dean's past experience with deals is not brought up in the episode at least, I will be pretty angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X