3x12 The Debarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x12 The Debarted

Wow. All I can say that this episode was so good. Best of the season so far. The Chuck storyline was just awesome, I have no words. (Not so sure about ze cliffhanger but I'm good with it since this will probably be Chuck's story in S3, which means the story is not having problems with Blair which I was so afraid would happen in this episode at first.)
    Anyhow, everything that happened after Chuck walked in the hospital was just... wow. Seems that best and most intense scenes of this show always have Chuck and Blair in them
    And I totally bought Chuck having doubts/inner struggle/guilt/etc etc that were shown us in the form of the dialogue with Bart.
    And it was good to see Bart again. I had actually started to like him last year, and then he was killed off

Maureen was scary and wonderful. I was admiring (and being scared of) her the whole time. I would so not want to cross her. Also good and realistic wrapup of STripp - it's obvious a married congresman won't leave his career for 18-yrs old mistress. Doesn't happen even in the tv-shows
    Which brings me to when did Nate become SO awesome? First, him as relationship!Yoda with Dan and second, him punching Trip on behalf of Serena. Pure
    sigpic
    banner by litzie avatar by diane

Lol, yeah, I agree, I'm really loving Nate in the last few epps, and the new roles he's been playing....I'm even warming up to the idea of N/S for the first time ever!

And WOW, what an episode! Thomas, I think you jumped the gun when you worried in the 3x09 thread that Chuck would be reduced now to only being Blair's boyfriend, between him trying to be a big brother to Jenny in the last episode and the exploration of his conflicted feelings about his father and the anniversary of his father's death in this episode, he definitely still has a role to play in of himself. And I think that Chair is holding strong and remaining well-written and beautiful, despite them being together--which I've very pleased about! The scene in the hospital was just epic, between the flashbacks and her comfort....poor Chuck!

I'm really mad at Lily though, will she never learn about keeping secrets? And she and Rufus had been so cute in the last few epps before....

Oh well, Trip, you were interesting while you lasted! I definitely enjoyed this "affair with a married person" storyline better than Nate/Catherine last season--in some ways I actually liked the idea of S/T, as wrong as it was--I think they did have a real connection and chemistry, and his disillusionment with his wife and her lifelong crush on him complicated things further--though now of course he has shown his true colors and it's over.....but I have to rofl at the WOLVES, how random!

Finally I have a question about the cliffhanger--are they trying to imply that Chuck's mom has been alive this entire time?! It doesn't add up, and cheapens the whole "Bart taking out Chuck's mom's death on Chuck" storyline of season 2 if it's true--so I'm a little worried about that now....

Otherwise though this show has really turned around int he last few episodes, and I'm really sad we have to wait until MARCH for the show to continue!
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
      Finally I have a question about the cliffhanger--are they trying to imply that Chuck's mom has been alive this entire time?! It doesn't add up, and cheapens the whole "Bart taking out Chuck's mom's death on Chuck" storyline of season 2 if it's true--so I'm a little worried about that now....
      I do agree that it would cheapen the S2 angst. So I'm kind of hoping the woman in cemetary was a decoy planted by Jack or something. Or - there was this idea on another forum I read, and really liked that. That seeing Bart and that woman in the cemetary could be the beginning of Chucks schizophrenia. Now that would be interesting and very intense to watch and I bet Ed Westwick would nail that Chuck.

But actually I believe Chuck will be just chasing his mother until the end of the season. But to look at the brighter side, even if the mother really is alive, it gives Chuck something to do - something that is not breaking up with Blair. These two really are fantastic and I'm in awe with the writers how well they have handled this pairing. Everything just feels so right. (As opposed to how my other favourite TV-couple was assassinated by the writers which has actually made me stop watching the show because I just cannot bear looking at these regressed characters as if last season('s character growth) did not happen )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue_peroxide View Post
        Wow. All I can say that this episode was so good. Best of the season so far. The Chuck storyline was just awesome, I have no words. (Not so sure about ze cliffhanger but I'm good with it since this will probably be Chuck's story in S3, which means the story is not having problems with Blair which I was so afraid would happen in this episode at first.)

Anyhow, everything that happened after Chuck walked in the hospital was just... wow. Seems that best and most intense scenes of this show always have Chuck and Blair in them
        And I think that Chair is holding strong and remaining well-written and beautiful, despite them being together--which I've very pleased about! The scene in the hospital was just epic, between the flashbacks and her comfort....poor Chuck!
        I totally agree. When Chuck fell to the floor - I could just feel his pain! So beautifully done! I think the reason as to why the best GG moments are with Chair is because it's difficult to "cheesen" the moment with those two. Both the characters and the actors are just a bit too brilliant for that

And I totally bought Chuck having doubts/inner struggle/guilt/etc etc that were shown us in the form of the dialogue with Bart.
        And it was good to see Bart again. I had actually started to like him last year, and then he was killed off
        I do agree that it would cheapen the S2 angst. So I'm kind of hoping the woman in cemetary was a decoy planted by Jack or something. Or - there was this idea on another forum I read, and really liked that. That seeing Bart and that woman in the cemetary could be the beginning of Chucks schizophrenia. Now that would be interesting and very intense to watch and I bet Ed Westwick would nail that Chuck.
        Again, I agree, it was wonderful to see Bart again But I hope it was just a way to create the inner dialogue within him and not schizophrenia...And is he supposed to get it? Is that in the books or what...?

Maureen was scary and wonderful. I was admiring (and being scared of) her the whole time. I would so not want to cross her. Also good and realistic wrapup of STripp - it's obvious a married congresman won't leave his career for 18-yrs old mistress. Doesn't happen even in the tv-shows
        Which brings me to when did Nate become SO awesome? First, him as relationship!Yoda with Dan and second, him punching Trip on behalf of Serena. Pure
        Honestly, I was never fond of the Serena/Trip storyline, I'm just glad it's more or less over! Must say, I have a new-found respect for Nate! He's really pulled through these last couple of episodes

relationship!Yoda

I'm really mad at Lily though, will she never learn about keeping secrets? And she and Rufus had been so cute in the last few epps before....
        Yes, Lily and her constant supply of secrets are starting to bore me. Can't they do something new for her?!

but I have to rofl at the WOLVES, how random!
        I know!!! I was like WTF?!

But actually I believe Chuck will be just chasing his mother until the end of the season. But to look at the brighter side, even if the mother really is alive, it gives Chuck something to do - something that is not breaking up with Blair. These two really are fantastic and I'm in awe with the writers how well they have handled this pairing. Everything just feels so right.
        I hope you're right! It would be icky and just weird if they brought Chuck's mom on the show. And WHY would she leave a locket behind? Isn't that the opposite of inconspicuous?

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
          I totally agree. When Chuck fell to the floor - I could just feel his pain! So beautifully done! I think the reason as to why the best GG moments are with Chair is because it's difficult to "cheesen" the moment with those two. Both the characters and the actors are just a bit too brilliant for that
          *nods enthusiastically* Yes, I totally agree. These two are amazing. Both as characters and actors.

it was wonderful to see Bart again But I hope it was just a way to create the inner dialogue within him and not schizophrenia...And is he supposed to get it? Is that in the books or what...?
          No no, it's not in the books... at least from what I've heard (I've just read the first one) and from what I hear Chuck does not feature very prominently in the books. The schizophrenia thing was just me paraphrasing a fan speculating at anohter board about what could happen next and I would definitely take that storyline over the Chuck's-mom-is-actually-alive plot that the cliffhanger seemed to insinuate. But we could be totally wrong and the woman at the Bart's grave could be anyone... at least I hope so!
          sigpic

Comment

No no, it's not in the books... at least from what I've heard (I've just read the first one) and from what I hear Chuck does not feature very prominently in the books. The schizophrenia thing was just me paraphrasing a fan speculating at anohter board about what could happen next and I would definitely take that storyline over the Chuck's-mom-is-actually-alive plot that the cliffhanger seemed to insinuate. But we could be totally wrong and the woman at the Bart's grave could be anyone... at least I hope so!
            OK... I'd actually take the mom-thing. A character can be introduced then killed in a freak accident if it doesn't work. Schizophrenia is a very serious condition that you don't really "recover" from very often. Part of what makes Chuck Chuck is his confidence and his way with business... I think that if they gave him that disease he would loose that... From what I've heard severe schizophrenia often leads to the person annihilating themselves from people, living in their own world - which is often a frightening one, hearing voices etc. So frightening it can lead to suicide... OK, I know I'm reacting over nothing here but from kind-of personal experience I'd just not want to see my favourite character develop schizophrenia...

I hope it's just like an old nanny or something

Comment

Originally posted by Signe View Post
              Honestly, I was never fond of the Serena/Trip storyline, I'm just glad it's more or less over! Must say, I have a new-found respect for Nate! He's really pulled through these last couple of episodes
              Yeah, I actually did like the Serena/Trip storyline, though when I heard about her having an affair with a married man I groaned out loud--but those two had a lot of chemistry, oddly enough, so that I actually liked it, messed up as it was....

I was thinking about Serena's relationships (Dan, Aaron, Gabriel, Carter) and realized that Trip is the only one I've liked of them apart from Dan--though the way they've been setting up S/N I think I may actually like it....

But I don't think schizophrenia really involves hallucinating other people... And I hope that's not it.
              Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Yeah, I actually did like the Serena/Trip storyline, though when I heard about her having an affair with a married man I groaned out loud--but those two had a lot of chemistry, oddly enough, so that I actually liked it, messed up as it was....

I was thinking about Serena's relationships (Dan, Aaron, Gabriel, Carter) and realized that Trip is the only one I've liked of them apart from Dan--though the way they've been setting up S/N I think I may actually like it....
                Dan was the one I liked the least But S/N has potential

But I don't think schizophrenia really involves hallucinating other people... And I hope that's not it.
                Hearing voices are quite "usual" I think... And hearing/seeing Bart could be counted as that. But seriously, I really hope he's not mentally ill...

Comment

They are just doing great things one after another.

Comment

Working...
                  X