Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas View Post
    So, I was watching the finale again and I was thinking: Does this all go back to 'The Constant?' Like, Penny is Desmond's constant. So, are Shannon and Sayid each other constants? Sayer and Juliet? Etc?

I never fully understood the idea behind 'The Constant' so I'm probably wrong, but I'm just wondering. Could that be one of the reasons they react to each other the way they did?
    Jenni Lou can probably answer this better, but I thought that as well. However, I remember that Desmond was Faraday's constant, but he obviously wasn't their romantic interest, y'know? So I'm not exactly sure, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

• Side note. Have you guys seen this? It's AMAZING.
      sigpic
      follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• I know I'm so super late by doing this, but I just started watching Lost! When it was first on I really wasn't into primetime shows, but last night I was almost hyperventilating LOL

Comment

• Kari - that is awesome! I hope that Lost continues to attract fans for ages, just like BtVS did(does). Second favorite show ever.

I got the complete series of Lost, because I hadn't bought any of the seasons before. Anyway, I've been rewatching it and AGAIN was thinking about the Claire thing with "you MUST raise your baby!" So was that basically never resolved? They made such a huge deal about that in season 1, and then I don't remember it ever being talked about again in season 6. I had always figured that Aaron would turn into the ideal candidate for MIB or something if she didn't raise him. Was that just a big plot hole that they left untied?
          I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodyHell View Post
            Kari - that is awesome! I hope that Lost continues to attract fans for ages, just like BtVS did(does). Second favorite show ever.

I got the complete series of Lost, because I hadn't bought any of the seasons before. Anyway, I've been rewatching it and AGAIN was thinking about the Claire thing with "you MUST raise your baby!" So was that basically never resolved? They made such a huge deal about that in season 1, and then I don't remember it ever being talked about again in season 6. I had always figured that Aaron would turn into the ideal candidate for MIB or something if she didn't raise him. Was that just a big plot hole that they left untied?
            It's weird. I agree it seems to eb left a little open-ended but the showrunners say that was resolved back in season two when it was revealed that the psychic was a fraud.

From there, I think we can assume that Jacob positioned that psychic to get Claire on the plane.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

• Oooooh. OK. Well, I can go with that. Thanks for clearing that up, Jenni Lou. It's funny how those little things can just eat away at a person!
              I have loved you. - Ser Jorah Mormont

Comment

• Lost is just composed of these tiny little things to consider. I think that's what we can call "The Answers." What is important to some is meaningless to others. I think that also separates the fans who loved the finale and those who felt betrayed by it. There's a few things I do wonder about, but I feel like I can explain them. But there are fans who want real canonical confirmation. I am left feeling content with what I know and what I feel I can be explained by implication throughout the series.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                  ...I am left feeling content with what I know and what I feel I can be explained by implication throughout the series.
                  I couldn't have said it better.

I never gave up on the show, even when it got way too confusing. I knew that there was a bigger picture that just hadn't been revealed yet, a deeper meaning. I think the beauty of LOST and especially in the finale is that you can draw your own conclusions and how they apply to your own life. I still have the finale saved to my dvr (and will continue to have it saved until I buy the boxset) but have only watched it one other time because I end up weeping like a baby every time I even think about it. I picture Jack and Vincent laying next to each other and begin to tear up. It was such a beautiful and fitting ending. LOST has left a hole not only in my tv schedule by in my life as well.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this? It's one of my favorite things I've seen last year A fan-made series of Lost videos set to the songs from "Once More, With Feeling".

LOST OMWF

It's brilliant. You gotta love the way he made the lyrics match the scenes (except when "Buffy" or "Willow" are occasionally mentioned, but what can you do), and it's even better when male characters are "singing" female roles or the other way round. I'm not sure which one is my favorite, it's between "Under Your Spell" (Locke's love song to the Island ), Ben and Smokey singing Sweet's songs, and I love what he did with "Dawn's Lament" but in the end I think "The Mustard" got me laughing the hardest, the facial expressions were perfect.
                    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X