No announcement yet.

The Mighty Boosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, Vince Noir makes me so happy I want to wee!

Comment

Originally posted by Retrograde View Post
      Oh man, Vince Noir makes me so happy I want to wee!
      Does it come out of you like a yellow cable? DOES HE MAKE YOU WANT TO GO TO A CLUB WHERE PEOPLE WEE ON EACH OTHER?

He makes me very happy too. It's the hair, mainly. Even with the new 1970s lesbian haircut, it's irresistible.
      "When people call people nerds, mostly what they are saying is, 'You like stuff', which is just not a good insult at all, like 'You are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness'."
      -John Green

Comment

Why does weeing NEVER STOP BEING FUNNY?

It's like...if humour had pillars (following the structure of Islam, because...well just because I happened to be reading about religion in the context of PSHE the other day, and PSHE sounds rather like pish to me so....) wee would be pillar number one. And poo would be, obviously, number two.

But I think Vince Noir might just be pillar number three. How many pillars in total? Hmm...must leave a special pillar for Vince's hair.

*Is probably going to hell for sacrilege now*

*Doesn't know how to spell sacrilege*

*wees in terror, and it comes out like a cable*(

*Goes to club where everyone wees on each other*

*Comes home*

*Watches Mighty Boosh*

*Dies happy*

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by Rosamunde View Post
          Does it come out of you like a yellow cable? DOES HE MAKE YOU WANT TO GO TO A CLUB WHERE PEOPLE WEE ON EACH OTHER?
          Ohh both of those things, possibly at the same time!

Originally posted by Vincey Baby
          Last time you gave me pie, I cut into it with my tiiiiiny pie cutter, and millions of birds flew out, hitting me in the eyes and the temples! I was confused! T'was a trick pie!

Noel Fielding may have a nose like a spade but I do love him with a fiery passion not dissimilar to that of Batman's for Robin

Comment

Used to love this. but I think it kinda went downhill in Series 3, I wish they had finished after 2.
            My DVD Collection:
            http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?memb...dVM&list=owned

Comment

Originally posted by Parker View Post
              Used to love this. but I think it kinda went downhill in Series 3, I wish they had finished after 2.
              I liked series 3 myself. I've only watched it all through once, so don't really know it well enough to compare and contrast the series. Probably like 'em all the same in their different ways.

Comment

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/phot...88065_5722.jpg

Me as Vince Noir last night

Comment

What's the mighty boosh. Been told It's really good.
                  "I never learned from a man who agreed with me.'" Robert Heinlen

Comment

I watched a little bit of it for a screening in media studies and it didn't really appeal to me. I am not really into shows like this I just don't find them funny. But I suppose I should give it a fair chance and at least watch one episode before I completely slate it, but it just reminded me a lot of Green Wing and I really didn't like that either.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wah? Don't like green wing. Is that allowed?

They are similar types of humour (although the Boosh is a fair bit more 'out there') so i can understand if you don't like the one you might struggle with the other.

It's tright up my street and knocking at my door though. (Plus Sarah Alexander = yum)
                      JUST ENOUGH KILL

sigpic
                      Banner by Ciderdrinker

Comment

Originally posted by tangent View Post
                        Wah? Don't like green wing. Is that allowed?
                        Not on my watch! Come down here and say that, Charmed1 (Kidding) They definitely occupy similar territory, though the Boosh is more old school surreal humour (a la Python) while Green Wing is closer to the Brass Eye sadism. Boosh is more... I dunno...cheerful, somehow. Because of the presence of Vince I think. Green Wing's a bit more bitter.

Comment

Now I can see why you would compare the two, because they are both unusual, but the actual style of humour is completely different.

The Green Wing, despite being a more realistic setting, manages to be utterly surreal in the behaviour of the characters, the situations they put themselves in etc. I can see why people wouldn't like The Green Wing, I love it, but I totally understand why it wouldn't appeal.

Whereas The Mighty Boosh is in a surreal setting full of magic and science-fiction and great hair, but given the setting it's actually more of a straight situation comedy, albeit a truly excellent one, so I could see people who didn't like The Green Wing totally getting on with The Boosh.

Comment

Working...
                          X