Season 4 - worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 4 - worth watching?

Just finished season 3 and I´m not going into details because I get mad and start a rant about how this season annoyed me a lot.

But the question is: is season 4 an improvement of the third one? Because I´m gonna be frank: I´m about to give up on the show. And I wanna hear reasons on why I should watch it.

Some of the things that annoyed the crap out of me are:

- the number of secondary characters that are incredibly boring, dull and their storylines are unbearable. For example, Tommy and Crystal are two of the most idiotic and pointless characters. I want them dead!
    Also, Jason is unbearable this season and his storyline is awful.
    - Arlene. My God, can someone shoot her? She is so annoying.
    - The storylines just become stagnant and even the Bill/Sookie/Eric triangle is getting tiresome.

I have more reasons but I´m not gonna say them because when I start this rant, it´s hard for me to stop. So, I´m gonna stop!

Comment

simple answer no...

but you can't really expect it to follow the books to the letter it would be boring knowing how they would do it. they keep the basic story line as they did in the 3rd season but they messed around with it. so far in season four its more about witchs and less about the wolf pack to be honest I think I read the books so quick I have fuzzed the books together a bit. but I take the stance that its not the same and its never going to be the same.

sorry.
      Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

I never read the books!
        Maybe I´m being a big ignorant, but are they(the books) very popular?

Comment

yeah I think so? I only read the book after watching season 2 because I liked the show. But I'll watch anything with vampires in it even if its crap. the books are a lot better than the TV show but books always are. If you like the idea behind true blood the show but not liking the show I deficiently recommend the books, they are super easy to read, I think I read the set (well at least where they are up to now) in like 4 months, and I'm Dyslexic and a really slow reader.

But if you haven't read the books and still don't like season 3 then your not going to like season 4
          Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

The first and second seasons were pretty similar to the books but with a couple of characters added / fleshed out because it would be boring to be completely from Sookie's POV, although the character of Tara doesn't really feature in the books massively and she's not black in the books. In the third season they introduced more characters who were never in the books (Tommy) or, again, fleshed out some of the characters who weren't really around in the books, they also blended the third and fourth books into one season.

Have they done that again in the fourth season? Blending the fifth and sixth books or have they stuck solely to one book now?
            sigpic

Comment

Im really enoying the 4th series, i read all the books (that were out) before i saw the show.... they do change some stuff like characters, add storylines etc... but i think they have stuck to the main plot of the book very good in all series.

I was very happy when they created Godric and i love Hoyt <3

Comment

A friend told me to give season 4 a try and well, I guess I am. But if the fourth is still the same, then I am really done!
                I´ll stick with the first two seasons and maybe read the third book.

What´s the name of the third book?

Comment

Gonna do some bullet points cause it is easier for me.

1. Personally, I like the fourth season quite a bit. As always, there are a few story lines that seem sort of superfluous but overall I like most of the characters and the show is good, campy fun.

2. Jason is sooooo much better in season 4. Particularly after the first 3-4 eps. His story in the first few eps is kinda annoying.

3. As for following the books, it does. And it doesn't. You can say that about all the seasons. But there is a bit more blending of the newer books rather than it just following book 4. But book 4 is certainly the skeleton of the season.

4. If you really didn't enjoy season 3 I think that the 4th season is a marked improvement. I liked season 3 well enough but I did have some frustrations with it.

5. For all its imperfections, this is a show I truly look forward to every week. All day Sunday I am practically counting down the hours to the new ep.
                  sigpic
                  follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
                    A friend told me to give season 4 a try and well, I guess I am. But if the fourth is still the same, then I am really done!
                    I´ll stick with the first two seasons and maybe read the third book.

What´s the name of the third book?
                    Club Dead

Comment

well.. I might be alone on this one, but I just finished season four last night and it was my favorite season, by far. I like all three seasons, anyway. Season Two was a bit of a stretch. Yet, I think season four, the show matured a little bit!! Give it a shot.. its only 12-13 eps anyways :-) What do ya have to lose?
                      sigpic
                      banner made by my homegirl {HisMRS}

Comment

Originally posted by Pike View Post
                        well.. I might be alone on this one, but I just finished season four last night and it was my favorite season, by far. I like all three seasons, anyway. Season Two was a bit of a stretch. Yet, I think season four, the show matured a little bit!! Give it a shot.. its only 12-13 eps anyways :-) What do ya have to lose?
                        Its been my fave too, much more emotional....

Comment

I would say the fourth season is worth watching. It was actually my favorite season. I also liked season 4 as well.

The thing about True Blood is that they introduce characters early on in the season or previous season to be a bridge or some sort of importance in the future of the story lines. You say you didn't like Tommy and he was pointless, well to me Tommy plays a big role in season 4. He shifts the life of his brother; his causes, effects Sam.

Jason is freaking great in the fourth season, I really grew to love him. In the forth season they dive into situations and relationships that you cant see coming.

I believe that people should try and separate book series from their tv series. Though its based off the books, literary agencies and television companies are two different species.

In all I suggest watching season 4.
                          East Wick Season Two -Coming Soon-

Banner By: Pandora's Box

Comment

I just watched the entire series in a couple of weeks. It is all mixed up in my head right now. I was sorta not that crazy about 4th season as I read spoilers of the end of the relationship between BIll and Sookie and it was the only thing that made me watch the previous eps.
                            I must however accept that it was forgettable fun. I got to really appreciate Eric. I am both S/B and S/E shipper as of now. If you like hot stuff go for S4. However let me warn you that the final episode ending sucks a whole lot and you will be back to this thread to rant. If I was you I wouldn't watch the final ep of the season until the new season starts or you will run the risk of leaving the whole series for good.

I agree with the amazing improvement of Jason. High time too! I wanted him dead for the first two seasons.

BTW, Sookie is such a Mary Sue in the whole series! It is starting to really bother me.

if you hate losing your time, do as I did. I started doing some knitting while watching so I could ignore it when it got stupid and got some nice stuff for my baby. I also watch it while working on my computer to ignore the TV when Sam is on screen.
                            Last edited by Darynthe; 20-09-11, 07:31 AM.

Comment

In the first two seasons, I loved Sookie. It was in the third season that she started to be written in a very inconsistent way and it kinda pissed me off.

I´m gonna give S4 a chance but if this season stays the same, I am not going back for season five.

Comment

Working...
                              X