Is Smallville worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Smallville worth watching?

Throughout the airing of Smallville I've not once got around to giving the show a go, what do you guys think? Is it worth my time, and why?
    .Forever, That's The Whole Point...

i never got into the show Smallville so i am not sure what to tell you, but if you think you should give the show a go, go ahead, every show deserves a chance, i try to give a show a chance before i stop watching it. good luck, i hope you get the answers you want, i am sorry i couldn't be of any help, i wanted to try and see if maybe my answer to your question would helpe you in any way
    Last edited by Touchofgrey; 20-08-11, 07:25 AM.
    How did you find me here?, If i was blind, I would see you.
    Welcoming Committee

Comment

Smallvillle is awful in many ways, but reaches the so-bad-it's-good level of fun. My advice is watch it, but at the same time read the Television Without Pity recaps (that reveal that the reason half the crap they do on the show doesn't make sense is because it's all really about the unspoken hot man love between Clark and Lex.

Also, Lex Luthor's father Lionel (made up, not from the comics) is magnificent, truly. It's almost worth it just for him.

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

See, it has seemed a little silly that's why I haven't bothered, but I have heard so much praise for the show. I'll watch the first two seasons and see how I feel. Thanks guys anyways

Comment

As a comic book fan, Smallville really annoyed me at the beginning, because they changed so much of Superman's story to make into a TV series.

But if you try to forget about the comics and think of the show as an original piece of television, it's actually really enjoyable and I like it a lot. I will say that I enjoy the later seasons better, because I think the show really found its feet by then. The earlier seasons, for me, are few childish and immature, which I suppose is understandable considering its set in high school.

I definitely think you should give it a go.
          Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

So I'll have to remember when I sart from the beginning that it'll progressively get better. I will try to keep that in mind considering my attention span is something to be desired, but thanks mate your opinion helps a great deal

Comment

I don't agree that it's so-bad-it's-good... I think "Smallville" is pretty great. As with any TV show, there are a few bad episodes and a couple seasons are not as great as others, but overall I think the show is really awesome. You should definitely give it a chance.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't judge the show on 1st season! Season 2 is where the mythology arcs begin. My fave season is easily the 4th where he is a Senior in high school and Lois Lane joins the show. I had watched occasional eps through S5 and not been too interested. but I bought this season on DVD and was hooked on the show.

The friendship between Clark and Lex is quite an emotional roller coaster. While later years, the Clark and Oliver Queen friendship is more endearing and satisifying.

The show has some impressing filming qualities and special effects for it's time. And they have the most stunningly staged funeral scenes.

Smallville is definitely a good show and worth a watch. Before watching the show, I was completely disinterested in Superman mythos (although adore other comic book heroes) and hated the Lois Lane character. But Smallville changed That completely around and Erica Durance's Lois Lane is an all-time fave character of mine.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post

The friendship between Clark and Lex is quite an emotional roller coaster. While later years, the Clark and Oliver Queen friendship is more endearing and satisifying.

The show has some impressing filming qualities and special effects for it's time. And they have the most stunningly staged funeral scenes.
                  Totally agree on both those points... I loved Clark and Lex as friends, but Clark and Oliver= WIN.

And yes, the directors on this show totally know how to pull your heartstrings with the funeral scenes. WOW.

Comment

Working...
                  X