No announcement yet.

Being Human (US Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh! Can't wait to read your interview! I'm sure you have much better questions than me. How about...What's his most or least favorite part about getting to play a vampire? What characteristic of Aidan does he find he relates to most?

And so great to hear that the next episode is so good! I can't wait! With the addition of BH to my viewing schedule, Mondays have quickly become must see tv night for me rivaling Fridays.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

The conference call went great. Sam is such a great guy to chat with and listen to. He's extremely articulate, funny, bubbly, and intelligent, which frankly, isn't always the case with actors. I got to ask a couple of questions, so I was happy. I'll be getting an article up, likely on Monday

Comment

Interesting how they are ratcheting up the tension between vampires and werewolves so soon...it provided a good distraction though from one of my least favorite plotlines of either version! I'm interested to see if they will have Ray do all he does in the original as well next epp...

It looks from the preview like they are doing a reveal about Sally's death already, I wonder where they will go from there then...

Originally posted by RedKryptonClark View Post
        The conference call went great. Sam is such a great guy to chat with and listen to. He's extremely articulate, funny, bubbly, and intelligent, which frankly, isn't always the case with actors. I got to ask a couple of questions, so I was happy. I'll be getting an article up, likely on Monday
        Sounds neat! Lol, you're job sounds awesome....(didn't you also do something with the Merlin actors or something?).
        Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Humm my "job" is a hobby that allows me cool opportunities

The latest issue of our magazine is available and includes more in depth coverage of both of my conference calls that I had with the whole cast. You can read the issue online HERE.

Comment

Sweet!! Thank you for sharing that.... They definitely seem like a great group of actors.
            I am still loving the show. I definitely look forward to Monday nights now.

Comment

I'm still watching too. It's not a must-see or top favourite by any means, but I have really enjoyed it. It's light and comfy. My favourite character is still Sally; seeing her grow and uncover the mysteries around Danny and her death have been my favourite parts so far. Sam Witwer is a little more likable now as well.

Occasionally I find myself getting bored tbh, but I haven't been the most faithful in the paying attention department either... For now I have no intention of dropping it at least. It's improved a lot, and I do love Josh, Nora, and Rebecca! Emily (Josh’s sister?) is nice too. There’s definitely more pros than cons, I just wish it had more action. From what I hear, the UK version is absolutely epic. I haven’t really felt that way with the US counterpart yet.

Again, I don’t want to downplay this series though. I probably sound a little harsh, but I am certainly enjoying it. Syfy has done a good job.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll be interested to read it later! I still need to catch up on a bunch of episodes (I kind of fell behind, but now it's hiatus for everything else anyway), though now I'm not sure if I can bear watching it anytime soon after the UK season finale last night! I'm very glad that they didn't watch beyond season 1 and that presumably it will be different from the UK then, although I kind of wish it'd deviate faster now that they've set stuff up, part of the reason I haven't caught up yet is it's a bit boring at times to watch the same scenes just redone with different actors...:7

Originally posted by CaptainOats View Post
                There’s definitely more pros than cons, I just wish it had more action. From what I hear, the UK version is absolutely epic. I haven’t really felt that way with the US counterpart yet.
                Well to be fair the UK one didn't really begin to reach absolutely epic proportions until the end of season 1/season 2 really, culminating in season 3. In the beginning it was also mostly domestic/a bit more character interactions-driven and less action-packed.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Being Human US just got renewed for a second season. I do think I'll be watching it now too. The latest episodes have been very dramatic and more to my liking. Aidan and Bernie? That story was fantastic!

Comment

Being Human US just got renewed for a second season. I do think I'll be watching it now too. The latest episodes have been very dramatic and more to my liking. Aidan and Bernie? That story was fantastic!
                    That's good to hear, it will be very interesting to see where it goes since allegedly they stopped watching after season 1....and yeah, it's interesting that for the first time ever they kept the same name for a character (Bernie), but played out that story quite differently (probably more realistically in this case).

I didn't quite understand what Sally's problem was with her new ghostly flame at the end, I mean he told her he didn't mind it, and that he didn't need her to save or change him about it, why is she suddenly acting like him having a personal, private hangup is as bad as Danny's treatment of her? . Oh well, that looks about over....I wonder if she's going to be able to touch things soon? I sure hope so...

Oh and wow, Danny is sure giving Owen (UK version) a run for his money in the complete and utter a**hole department, at first he seemed less douchey (manner and the fact that he wasn't already dating Sally's worst enemy), but now he seems to have exceeded him with all this "making her give up her dreams" crap...and her friend is a fool!

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

SWEET!! I am so in love with this show!! I can't wait to see what happens with these characters. I'm totally addicted, and can't get enough of Sam Witwer as Aidan.

Comment

Working...
                      X