Being Human Series 3 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Human Series 3 *Spoilers*

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty pumped for the return of Being Human this upcoming Sunday, so close and yet so far! There's finally a proper trailer with clips out, and it looks exciting to be sure....I hope we get Annie back by the end of the first episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal in a new place, in Wales, much as I am going to miss the old flat as well.

Also I don't know who read the BBC press release before they er, censored a lot of the spoilers Aidan Turner and others had blabbed, lol, but I'm especially looking forward to (season 3 spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Mitchell/Annie romance at last!!!! I've been stanning these two since season 1, when they had their almost!kiss and you could just see the chemistry between them, and I was so disappointed when they rather neglected their relationship in season 2 except towards the end. So I'm psyched to see that the writers are finally going to make something happen between them, I'm only worried about whether they will screw it up or not....because I do think Annie and Mitchell are the best for one another, for a number of reasons, and need each other. But I'm sure all those people who Mitchell murdered on the train will come back to haunt him with Annie, since from the one Annie video it seems she saw them actually coming into the after world!

It will be nice to see George and Nina finally together as werewolves as well...
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

It's nice that Nina is officially apart of the fold. Like, the show is about the FOUR of them instead of the three. I really like her.

Also, I love all the Mitchell/Annie stuff I have been hearing about. I do think it is about time it is addressed and I think Annie's plight is a good catalyst for it.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
      It's nice that Nina is officially apart of the fold. Like, the show is about the FOUR of them instead of the three. I really like her.

Also, I love all the Mitchell/Annie stuff I have been hearing about. I do think it is about time it is addressed and I think Annie's plight is a good catalyst for it.
      Lol, I didn't realize/forgot you watched this show as well! That is true, I mean as much as I liked just the 3 of them, I think Nina adds something good to the recipe, and also means George can find some normalcy/romantic happiness....

And as for the other two though, as one of my friends said tonight, "THEY WILL END UP TOGETHER. THEY'RE BOTH DEAD. THEIR PICKINGS ARE SLIM." it's true though, if either of them are going to find romantic happiness I think it'd have to be with each other--where they can be completely open about their supernatural natures without issue, Mitchell never has to worry about biting her like he did with Lauren, Annie never has to worry about Mitchell suddenly not being able to see her or whatever like with that boy in season 2, they both will exist forever in the same young, unaging form, and they both clearly care deeply about one another and have a nice chemistry together. And with Nina there, there's not a danger of George feeling left out or whatever....

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Well, to be honest, the logical part of me has no clue how the relationship can exist in the long run. However, they have been exploring the issue of death and what happens after one dies so I feel like they can come up with a reason why Annie could stay a ghost in the mortal plane. In a way, it's perfect because neither of them will age and they will both "live" forever. Anyway, I am interested in how the show is going to handle all of that.
        sigpic
        follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Great to have a "Being Human" place for discussion to visit - I really like the series - Watched the USA version tonight on SyFy - I plan to give the series plenty of time to develop the characters before I start making up my mind on how I connect with the USA version -
          sigpic

Comment

Yay a Being Human thread

Looking forward to series 3, but I'm not really sure if its going to live up to series 2's heights but then that was pretty brilliant

Gonna watch the US version at some point I think - its just started right? - from the trailers I don't know if I'll connect as much but it still looks like it might be alright and supposedly there going in different directions - lets just hope its the right ones!

Comment

Originally posted by cil_domney View Post
              Great to have a "Being Human" place for discussion to visit - I really like the series - Watched the USA version tonight on SyFy - I plan to give the series plenty of time to develop the characters before I start making up my mind on how I connect with the USA version -
              How was it compared to the UK version? Should I give it a chance? Are there significant differences? What are the actors like?

I really love the UK and can't wait for season 3. I like that they went a completely different route with vampires than most of the popular vampire series these days, vampires are really dangerous and treated seriously as a threat. Especially in season 1, with Herrick, they were like mafia but very powerful and possibly able to take over the world. On the other hand, vampire urges are treated like a drug addiction.

Speaking of Herrick, I'm looking forward to seeing him again, I hope he's as much of a bastard as always.

Oh, and Aidan Turner (Mitchell) is HOT
              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Wow, I'm rather surprised that nobody has commented on the opener yet...what an amazing premiere! I thought it was just so perfect, with everything I have ever loved about this show wrapped up into one fantastic episode--it's definitely the best premiere so far, and one of the best episodes of the series to be sure, IMO!

First, as an Annie/Mitchell shipper I obviously enjoyed those bits quite a bit! The hallway reunion scene with that epic music (that I wish would get released along with the other music played during the s2 recap) was one of my favorite scenes of the entire show so far, I've rewatched it countless times since then...they were also too adorable in the scenes that followed! I loved how Lia basically vocalized exactly what I'd been thinking myself in her conversation with Annie. I mean yes, it's quite clear that Lia has something nasty planned ("we play the long game here," as she says), and that she was deliberately encouraging a Mitchell/Annie romance to further said evil plan (increase their suffering?); I'm beginning to wonder if the whole 'trying to get Annie' thing from the beginning might have been part of some plan to get to Mitchell, that they wanted to lure him into purgatory with her, and hence they let her go so easily once he got their and had heard Lia's spiel and prophecy. It might also explain why he felt her passage into the afterlife like a physical pain (though I also like to think it's because they're soulmates! ).

I'm quite worried about Mitchell and that prophecy (DNW him getting killed by a werewolf this season, ugh! Unless he then gets resurrected a la Herrick at the end of season 2...but yeah it's not the show without the 3 of them, and I want M/A to eventually have a happy ending!), and that Mitchell/Annie is going to lead to some serious angst and heartbreak. But oh well, I'm enjoying it while it's here!

But there was so much more to this episode than just A/M...even the s2 recap was epic, and then the opening scene of them looking at the bed and breakfast was awesome and hilairous--I loved the bored, sardonic saleslady (especially her line about "thank goodness for Terry Prachett" lol), and George and Nina's bad/unconvincing acting (the "our friend is on Midsome Murders" was the best bad cover story! ) and Mitchell being so preoccupied with Annie. I love the cheesy Hawaiian decor (especially the adorable luao it inspired later!)... I actually found that I didn't even really miss the old pink flat in Bristol too much, as I thought I would, I liked the new place and them settling in, and all the obligatory self-deprecating "because we film in Wales" humor that I've come to know and love on DW and TW, lol!

While on the topic of humor, I also will forever laugh at Rhys showing up as a sexual pervert, lol! I like how that scene managed to simultaneusly bring on the laughs (Kai Owen nailed it!) and advance the 'other werewolf' plot AND create some drama and tension (with George trapped in jail needing Nina to bail him out and then them having to transform in the same place and try it out), all at the same time! That is this show at its best, when it balances the humor and the drama beautifully, and this episode did that in spades. Another example was the scene when Mitchell is going to cross over with the guy into the afterlife, I mean how freaking hilarious was Mitchell doing the crossword there with George, and the prayer thing immediately before, and then next thing you know it's all emotional and dramatic with the touching goodbye to a worried George. I also loved when the guy asked if Mitchell was Death, and Mitchell's reaction to this, he was probably thinking about how he had been Death to so many people, like on that train...

George and Nina also had some sweet and funny moments, with my favorite humor moments being when her hair got caught badly on the corner of his glasses (since this happens to me ALL the freaking time, albeit it's my hair catching on my own glasses, lol) and when she got him out of jail and was trying to hide her own transformational body stress. I was annoyed at her ragging on Mitchell and at first annoyed at how happy-go-lucky George seemed when Annie was missing and all, but I think the scene at the end when tears just started to stream down his face when he thought Mitchell had failed perfectly disabused us of this notion. In all a good episode for George, who has annoyed me in the past, but he didn't really annoy me that much in tonight's epp! Again, awesomeness all around...

Besides the Mitchel/Annie bits though the best part was definitely Mitchell and Lia on the train, seeing Mitchell's past and such. I loved getting more insight into Mitchell's character and history, and I *loved* the twist with Lia, which I did not actually see coming (I thought she kept saying "age 12" not "H12", lol, so I thought he did something to her as a child or something!). I adore Mitchell, he's my favorite, but he really did need to hear Lia's berating speech, so I loved that scene and was cheering her on, though my heart did break for Mitchell as well when he said he was a plague and that he was willing to stay there to atone. And Lia was just fabulous, great job by Lacey Turner there, especially once she stopped being flirty and shallow and showed her true colors! Also after seeing the US remake, I found it a little funny/ironic that one of Mitchell's victims was named Sally... It was amazing though that he could remember all of their names, for the most part, I mean wow...

So good drama, humor, emotional moments, character introspection, this episode had it all! The only part of this episode I didn't like was the stranger!werewolf storyline (outside of where it coincided with the George and Rhys encounter, lol) and the cage match thing, those bits were okay, but a tad boring (especially when I was dying to see what was going on with Mitchell and Annie in purgatory!), and I skipped them during the rewatches. Hopefully that story will pick up though, I can't wait to see George or Nina encounter them again, especially if they find out the two of them live with a ~vampire, le gasp! Perhaps one of them, the boy, will fulfill the prophecy though? ;_; IDK, we shall see!

So a very promising start, and I can't wait for tonight's new episode! What did you all think?

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Thought it was really good, although the pacing was just a bit :/ for me.

Lia was great, hoping that this 'long game' is going to be something really good, although what she wants idk, unless she isn't actually Lia and more a devil like character, I would think its some kind of vengeance. I honestly didn't see the twist of her being a victim at all - I wonder just how much this is going to play into the rest of the series - trails seem to show the police catching up with Mitchell.

I still would have liked getting Annie back to be a bit harder, but it was good enough.

Oh and lol - George is arrested for dogging! Although I thought when they were transforming together it was sooo incredibly obvious what would happen lol

The new vamps seem cool, I'd like to see where this goes - were obviously getting set up for a George VS Mitchell although it also seems apparant this could be a fake.

Its funny coming off the American version I can just see the huge differences, this Being Human feels less TV and more real, which is mainly down to the better use of sets (funny since such a big thing is made of the budget) and stronger acting.

I rewatched series 2 before this, and I do think it maybe had a stonger set of episodes compared to this - its still a very strong start, hope the series can keep it up!

Oh and has anyone ever seen a show throw its audience in with an entire realm of new characters that quickly? I love how they use the mythology of the show to help explain who they are rather than have them scream - I'm a vampire or anything. It works really well and is an interesting take on the way to introduce characters.

Comment

Wow, I must say I am a bit disappointed to see so little discussion here when this season has been such a great one, IMO perhaps even the best so far (loads better than last season at any rate!). I mean, besides 3x04 and 3x05 (but esp. 3x04) which were partly unwatchable for me, I think this season has been near perfect, so well done with great drama and action and emotions and an exciting and intense arc as well as the characteristic lighter and more humorous moments and bonding. I loved unexpectedly getting to meet George's family at last.

I also have been for the most part loving that Mitchell/Annie became canon (besides the awkward OOC badness of 3x04 and 3x05 to a lesser extent), even though I know there's going to be even more heartbreak to come, I still love this pairing, and I think that if Mitchell can survive the finale or come back and if she can forgive him, they could still potentially work in the future....because the Box Tunnel 20 was really the only thing standing in their way, otherwise they do make a great couple.

And what do we think of Herrick and all that? The ending with Nina was quite a shock, I do hope she and the baby survive, but knowing this show I fear the worse, on at least one or both counts... I also fear that George might feel guilty about not being there and take it out on Mitchell and be the wolf-shaped bullet! I am looking forward to seeing Old!Herrick back, I wonder if he will help Mitchell or not? And Lia too, loved her in the premiere, and it will be great to see her again and hear the full explanation of their plans (like why go so far to punish Mitchell, anyway, when other vamps do worse all the time?).

In any case, prayer circles for Mitchell and Nina tonight, y/y? I am both apprehensive and excited at the same time, I read one non-spoilery review that said it was going to be amazing and make the internet explode afterwards....I just wish that Aidan wasn't doing the Hobbit though, it'd make me feel better about Mitchell's prospects...:/

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Working...
                    X