Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Falling Skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Skies

Anyone excited for this series?

The Spielberg drama stars Noah Wyle as the leader of a rag-tag group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying extra-terrestrial force. Spielberg will executive produce alongside DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank and screenwriter Robert Rodat.

TNT Official blurb

Spoiler:
    FALLING SKIES

The series opens shortly after aliens have wiped out most of the human population. The aliens are now rounding up the few people left, but they are met with strong resistance from a group of soldiers and civilians who fight for their survival – all while struggling to maintain their humanity. Wyle plays Tom Mason, a former college history professor who becomes the reluctant leader of one of the resistance groups. Also starring in the series are Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation; Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom’s two sons; Jessy Schram (Crash) as Karen, who is one of the survivors’ motorcycle scouts; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group’s commissary.

First Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWJGeWrCQfs

I so can't wait for this - reminds me a HELL of a lot of the future scenes from TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES w/o being quite as bleak mixed w/ THE WALKING DEAD w/o being as gross. Speilberg and aliens are always a winning combo - and for once, his aliens aren't friendly.

This series premieres next Sunday. Just wanted to bump this thread up for any members who wanted to give this a watch.
    sigpic
    follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this! I like that the action is going to start six months after the invasion. Hopefully that will allow for a fresher approach to alien invasion / apocalypse stories. Plus we can have flashbacks which I think usually add depth to a show.

I like that Noah Wyle is a teacher, it reminds me a bit of how in BSG that President Roslin was an educator before the attack. I also like that he teaches history. History usually gets the unfortunate label of a subject never to be used in real life. But it's actually quite an insightful and rich resource of understanding society, individuals, leaders, wars and conquerors -- all of which would be useful when rebuilding humanity and fight alien invaders.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

So far this show has been underwhelming. It seems this kind of show would benefit from a movie format for special effects and whatnot (meaning big battles to make it exciting as the storytelling is boring so far). The storytelling isn't that great or cohesive. So the aliens immediately wiped out most of humanity and most cities and yet the survivors are able to stay in suburban areas and schools?

I expected a lot more and so far this show very much pales in comparison to Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined).

Also the lead's youngest child is super annoying and his older child is only slightly less annoying and it's very odd that the lead -- it's a bad sign that I actually still don't remember any of the names besides Colonel Porter -- gets so much special treatment. He still has two of his children when it seems many don't have any children and yet he gets special treatment to go risk himself and their 'elite' fighting members to go save that one child.

Also some of the acting isn't good.

Comment

Like Mike, I also thought the show started off slow but as the weeks went by, it did get more interesting, imo. The finale was pretty good and I am really looking forward to season 2.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

I really enjoyed the season too. I thought that the reveal of the aliens was creepily done even if it had some fairly obvious clues in the first episode. I'm definitely intrigued in how S2 goes. Especially after that last minute ending. Everything seemed so promising, but I think Tom Mason's choice was fairly foolish. Although could lead to lots of new reveals about the aliens and their intents. So if it pays off for interesting story material, I'll forgive it.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I was thinking, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? That last bit was really really unexpected, imo. I just wonder how he is going to escape, or if they will just let him go. His poor kids are going to freak.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Comment

Working...
              X