Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimm

Was Grimm any good?

It happens to be airing on one of the cable channels I have, and the first episode was yesterday. The second one is now. Seems too procedural for my taste so far.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

I watched the first two seasons (not sure when I stopped). It was not very good, but I did enjoy watching it. It had some good episodes and fun ideas. But it's certainly not as good as Greenwalt's best work on Angel.

Comment

I had to grow into Grimm. I tried it a few years ago from season 1 and it didn't hook me. A few years later I caught season 4. I already knew the basic idea of it so was able to follow from there. It was pretty good, definitely watchable. Reminded me a lot of Angel, but almost more grown up in terms of adult relationships, with a well settled married couple and long term romances (that didnt bore). The storylines were compelling enough to keep me watching. I went back to watch 1-3 after I finished 4-6 and enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time. I would watch it again. Easy, entertaining crime sci fi drama, yes procedural but not terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Quake View Post
        I had to grow into Grimm. I tried it a few years ago from season 1 and it didn't hook me. A few years later I caught season 4. I already knew the basic idea of it so was able to follow from there. It was pretty good, definitely watchable. Reminded me a lot of Angel, but almost more grown up in terms of adult relationships, with a well settled married couple and long term romances (that didnt bore). The storylines were compelling enough to keep me watching. I went back to watch 1-3 after I finished 4-6 and enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time. I would watch it again. Easy, entertaining crime sci fi drama, yes procedural but not terrible.
        The pretty healthy romantic relations were certainly a pleasant suprise indeed.

Comment

Honestly, I think Grimm came off pretty well overall. It had some uneven times but it continually was able to freshen its mythology without crapping on it, paid off the mystery teases it was setting from day one so didn't fall into the traps of its recent immediate prior and later contemporaries from "LOST" to "GOT".
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

I liked it but found it fell off in quality over time.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Working...
            X