Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood

BBC iplayer has dropped all the episodes of Torchwood for those who are interested. JM appears in 3 eps of Season 2

I'm sad enough to have the DVD boxset. Truth be told - I think it technically belongs to the kids - along with Pushing Up Daisies; Glee and Xena: Warrior Princess! Captain Jack drives me mad - loved him in Dr Who but had my fill in that Andew Lloyd Webber musical-reality-Britain's Got Talent-type show he did. He always makes me want to turn the volume down. He's like this:
    sigpic

Comment

I watched the first series of Torchwood and loved it. I don't know why I stopped watching. Even if I don't watch the whole show, I'll definitely be watching JM's episodes.

Barrowman isn't my favourite actor, but I remember him being okay in this. Like most of the Doctors, he is too bouncy and 'up', but I think that's what the production ask for. He's transmitting excitement to the kids who are watching. Not that Torchwood is particularly aimed at kids.

Comment

I watched the JM Episodes about 18 months ago...all I really remember are lots of double crosses, a watch and remarks about poodles. JM looks okay though!
        sigpic

Comment

Just okay?

I have the box set for season 2, purely for JM I'm afraid, but season 3 is imo a masterpeice of old school Sci-Fi in the shape of 'Children of Earth'. A incredibly well written gut wrenching season which has burnt itself into my brain when I first watched it. Very much in the vein of Quatermass.

Comment

• TriBel
            TriBel commented
            Editing a comment
            I was going for cool understatement. God...I remember watching Quatermass & the Pit as a kid. It terrified me!

Count me in as one of the sad people who owns the DVD boxset for seasons 1 and 2!

As a matter of fact, I saw JM in Torchwood before I saw him in Buffy.
          https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

I really started to feel drained by Barrowman in S2 after loving S1, he just seemed to get so over the top and I didn't enjoy JM's character inclusion much either. Not sure how much that was because I was going off the series, but I'd have said disliking his character too (and going off Gwen as well) was a big part of why I stopped watching Torchwood. I might be misremembering though, it was so long ago. I also saw JM in this before seeing Buffy and didn't register it was the same actor for ages, not until I saw reference to other shows he'd done well after I'd seen all of Buffy and had been discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
              Count me in as one of the sad people who owns the DVD boxset for seasons 1 and 2!

As a matter of fact, I saw JM in Torchwood before I saw him in Buffy.
              Was it seeing him in Torchwood that made you search out Buffy?

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                Double Dutchess commented
                Editing a comment
                No, entirely unrelated! I thought Captain John was OK but he made nowhere near as much an impression as Spike!
            Working...
            X