Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

The Witcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher

This does look intriguing to me. Well, it doesn't help I loved the video game.

Is anyone else who played or read the books who might be interested in this?

I haven't read the books or played the games, but it does look interesting and as it's on Netflix I'll probably give it a watch, especially if the reviews are good.
    Last edited by Priceless; 20-07-19, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I haven't read the books Priceless but, I have played on the games. The Witcher 3 was an amazing experience it's the only reason why I'm very intrigued by the show.

Comment

Never heard of it but looks great, I'll definitely check it out.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I played on that game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for 236 hrs and 33 mins it was way back in 2015. It was my game of the year, but that all changed when Rise Of The Tomb Raider came out.

Here are some images of the game.

Spoiler:
          Yennefer of Vengerberg.

Ciri

Geralt of Rivia

Comment

We actually have Witcher III. Just never got round to playing it.

Comment

You should definitely go give it a try it's amazing. But I think the series is based on the books which I'm also intrigued about reading.

Comment

OK, I get avoiding spoilers, but that trailer doesn't begin to explain the basic plot. The production values look terrific, though. I've literally never seen a medieval/steampunk mashup that made sense onscreen, so I'll be even more impressed if the show pulls it off.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_witcher/s01

* This isn't the best written TV series, but it's very watchable. The only problem is the out of order storytelling and that there is no 'timestamp' before the scene begins to tell you it's a scene from the past. But as the Season nears it's end, the timeline slowly sync.

In a way though, the out of order storytelling makes the Season re-watchable.

Slight spoilers for power levels:
                  Spoiler:
                  Yennefer is 1/4 elf. And Ciri was borne of 2 magical beings. Geralt's partly so powerful simply because his mother is a witch.
                  Last edited by MikeB; 27-12-19, 05:46 PM. Reason: quoted instead of using spoiler tags

Comment

Seen a few episodes. Unsure if I'll continue...

Comment

Despite my friend working on the costumes for season 2 of this, eh, It's not for me. I find of this sort of thing to be extremely repetitive really.

Comment

It's just been released and I've watched one episode. I'll give it a try, see where it goes

Comment

Not seen it yet, it's on my 'to watch' list.

Comment

It's just been released and I've watched one episode. I'll give it a try, see where it goes

Comment

I like it and for now and TV series follows the books nicely.
                              Season 2 is supposed to come out in 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X