Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock

I`ve been trying to get into that show for quite a while now. I have made it as far as episode 4 and I am about to give up. I have to say that I am an avid fan of the novels and short stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and I was looking forward to watching them in a modern version. I also like the Sherlock in this tv show a lot. But that`s it. It`s just too crazy for me. I don`t get it and I don`t get into it.

Has anyone else watched this series? Did you like it? Did you hate it?

flow
    Last edited by flow; 08-07-20, 10:00 PM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Well bar the last episode of the entire series I loved it.

Comment

I've watched it all, mainly because of my love for Martin Freeman. Cumberbatch's Sherlock is too distant for me, too arch, it's all brains and no heart. The scripts are clever and engaging, but there is a sense of them trying too hard. In all honesty I much prefer Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce as Holmes and Watson

Comment

My favourite version is still Jeremy Brett's, so I haven't tried Sherlock yet. My best friend loves Benedict Cumberbatch and the entire show, though.

flow
        I also like the Sherlock in this tv show a lot. But that`s it. It`s just too crazuy for me. I don`t get it and I don`t get into it.
        I'm curious, what put you off? I've never watched it but I have wondered whether I should. Is it a big departure from what's generally expected?

Comment

I've seen most of them and enjoyed it overall but did find one later development (possibly what Silver is referring to) problematic in a plotting/believability way (if I remember right). But I liked them well enough. I'm not sure it is a show I'd ever actively rewatch though.

Comment

SpuffyGlitz:
            I'm curious, what put you off? I've never watched it but I have wondered whether I should. Is it a big departure from what's generally expected?
            I think it`s what Pricey said. They were trying too hard. There are constantly surprising plot twists and I feel as if I am watching a game of tennis. My eyes are always darting left ... and right ... and left ... and right....I also feel, there is no build up at all. Everything comes crashing down like an avalanche. There is Moriarty who seems to be literally insane. There is Mycroft who seems to be evil. Then there was Irene Adler in this last episode and whoa, she is in love with Sherlock. Just like that. And then she is dead. And alive again. And dead again. And alive again ... the last time she was alive again I wasn`t even sure if it was real or just Sherlock`s imagination. And if it was real, how did he know that she was in danger how did he know how to find her and how to save her and how did no one else notice she did not die? It`s not explained. And that episode was one of the better ones...

If you are coming from the original novels and short stories, yes, it`s a big departure.

flow

Comment

I really liked everything about it, except the ending.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

I liked Sherlock, but it was kinda overrated. I liked Elementary bout the same.

Comment

I have come back to Sherlock more than a year later, watched episodes 5 and 6, and loved them both. Then I proceeded with episode 6 and thought it was all back to crazy and weird.

Maybe it's all about the dose. Maybe too much Sherlock will simply make me feel dizzy. Maybe I shouldn't watch more than one episode per half a year.

I fell Benedict Cumberbatch right from the start but now Martin Freeman is also really growing on me. And being such a sucker for unrequited love my heart melted at the Holmes/Hooper kisses although I am still not sure if the first was even real or only happened in a tale that was told within the story.

flow

Comment

I pretty much adored Sherlock, but thought the very last episode of the final season was damn awful. God only knows that they were thinking when they came up with that idea.

Comment

I think I am going to skip the last episode. Everyone has said they disliked it. It must be really disappointing.

flow

Comment

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen to end a season (imo that 'honour' goes to the last ever episode of Enterprise) but It's pretty dreadful and below the standard you've expect from this creative team.

Comment

I finally made it through and I even watched the last episode.

I didn't dislike it all that much. Of course, it was completely unbelievable plot-wise but not more so than Sherlock falling from a building and not being dead or Sherlock shooting someone in the head in front of dozens of people und walking free for that as if it was nothing. So, yeah I even liked Eurus, and most of all I like her impersonation of Faith Culverton. It's not at all explained how she or Moriarty could have known what went on in that board meeting, but ... well. I give it a pass. Every BtVS plot hole I can think of pales in comparison to that but who cares. It was still an intriguing show to watch. And my little Sherlolly shipper heart even got a mutual I love you. Ah, I melted at that.

All in all, I very much enjoyed the show.

flow

Comment

Working...
                          X