Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Star Trek: Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: Discovery

Trailers...
    Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7IMj7WFyE
    Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o8kFyeOdfY

Season 1 had it's moments, but season 2 has been much better & Trek-ish.
    Anyone been watching?

The first season put me off so much I haven't bothered to watch this time around. I may do when I can get around their mucking around with canon.

Comment

I'm watching and loving it. Season 1 took a bit of getting into, and I was sorry to lose Lorca, as I really liked him. Season 2 has been really good. Some of the characters are a bit on the nose, like Tilly the funny fat red head who talks too much and is comic relief. But overall I've enjoyed it.

Comment

Think S2 was a big improvement on S1. It felt more like a Star Trek show and they grew the characters nicely. Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Trick View Post
          Think S2 was a big improvement on S1. It felt more like a Star Trek show and they grew the characters nicely. Look forward to seeing more.
          I look forward to seeing it on network TV some day. I think ST fans were ill used by the decision to greedily shove our goodies behind a pay wall. I watched the Orville for a while instead, and was surprised to like lit, but had too much tv taping to ever catch up so it fell away.

Glad to hear it got better in S2. Gives me something to look forward to at some point. I have all the other ST series on DVD, and all the original TV cast movies.

Comment

The Orville was surprisingly good. Although they did write off my fave character. BTW - you could always DL it. Besides it's only like $7 a month.

Comment

Star Trek Discovery is on terrestrial tv in the UK as well as Netflix, so I'm sure it'll be widely available eventually.

I've seen a couple of eps of The Orville and really liked it. Wish it were on UK tv

Comment

I watched the first two episodes of The Orville after New Year's Eve and really enjoyed it. It's available through Sky. I'll definitely try to catch more at some point.

Comment

I don't have Sky

Comment

Darn these tv package companies. I can't get Jessica Jones and you can't get The Orville. Although I think Sky has a deal with Netflix but I'd have to pay more for it and I already feel like Sky is another mouth to feed every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                      Darn these tv package companies. I can't get Jessica Jones and you can't get The Orville. Although I think Sky has a deal with Netflix but I'd have to pay more for it and I already feel like Sky is another mouth to feed every month.
                      Yeah. The good news nowadays is there are so many more options and cheaper ones too. We just have freeview and one of the smaller packages (the one that includes Sky Atlantic). BTW Discovery is screening on E4 which is part of freeview.

Comment

There are various 'dodgy' site online where you can watch all the above for free without having to download anything. Thats what I use.

Comment

To be honest, I avoid watching/reading things for free which aren't released that way. If I can't access it with my existing services and want to watch or read it enough I'll buy it. Perhaps this is why I don't manage to see as many shows.

Comment

*tries to lure Stoney to the darkside*

Comment

I will resist your dark temptations.

Comment

Working...
                              X