Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Premiere on October 26th on Netflix. Trailer:

https://youtu.be/yha-GOvM_6c

IMDb:
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/

Am I the only one who sees a lot of Buffy here?
    I mean mostly the supernatural stuff. But also the images. I've imagined this with some Buffy actors on the credits

Think I'll watch this.
    Last edited by Sandman; 17-09-18, 12:04 AM.

I'll definitely watch the first episode. All teen supernatural shows make me think of Buffy, but so far I've never seen one as good Maybe Sabrina and her adventures will be, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as it's not absolute drivel, I'll probably keep watching

Comment

I don't expect something astonishing either. But this kind of themes for a show are automatically caught by my radar

Comment

'From the executive produsers of Riverdale". My interest for it was alive for like 20 seconds.

Comment

I've never seen Riverdale, would anyone recommend it? I know it's really popular

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I've never seen Riverdale, would anyone recommend it? I know it's really popular
            I wouldn't recommend it, but wouldn't discourage from watching it either. It's cheesy and cringy and even fans seemingly think that writing is outright bad and nonsensical. But people are still watching it. It's become too much for me, but you can give it a shot as it could work for you. At least first season is somewhat coherent. Somewhat...

P.S. Lots of very good looking people in it.
            Last edited by Alce; 18-09-18, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post
              I wouldn't recommend it, but wouldn't discourage from watching it either. It's cheesy and cringy and even fans seemingly think that writing is outright bad and nonsensical. But people are still watching it. It's become too much for me, but you can give it a shot as it could work for you. At least first season is somewhat coherent. Somewhat...

I do like a good looking actor, there are so few of them around

Seriously I'd much prefer some coherent and interesting writing. I hope Sabrina doesn't get too silly too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post

I didn't see Riverdale either, but based on this, I'd say this is not my cup of tea

Comment

I was disappointed that it was by the same people as Riverdale as well but I keep reminding myself that it doesn't necessarily mean much. I mean, Alan Ball wrote both Six Feet Under and True Blood and whilst I did like True Blood it certainly wasn't remotely of the same quality as Six Feet Under. And then there's Joss Whedon who created my favourite show of all time but I was never that enamoured with Firefly, I liked Dollhouse but it doesn't remotely compare to Buffy, and his pilot episode for Agent of Shield was awful.

So it's entirely possible that Sabrina will be a completely different animal to Riverdale. For one thing, it's a Netflix original as opposed to a CW show. From what I've seen in the trailer the cinematography is also amazing and the subject matter certainly interests me far more than Riverdale. I'm willing to give it a shot.
                  - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

I agree with Vampmogs! I dislike Riverdale after trying to watch it several times but the show is so badly written I fail to finish the season everytime but Sabrina looks cool from it's production value to it's darkness (judging the trailer) so I'm kinda stoked. Plus It's more Netflix and less the CW so maybe there's a vast difference!
                    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

Comment

I'll give it a whirl. As Josh said, hopefully just being on Netflix will make it better than being on CW.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Riverdale is popular, according to what? https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/c...eason-ratings/

I still have some series to catch up on. I hear Altered Carbon is great.

Comment

I've seen a another trailer and it's looking good. I tried to watch an episode of Riverdale and just couldn't get into it. Should I give it another go? Same with Altered Carbon which looked like a bit of a mess.

Comment

The new trailer looked brilliant. The cinematography is amazing and the way it bounced between drama, comedy, action and horror in the trailer reminded me a little of Buffy. I really hope this is as good as it looks.
                            - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X