No announcement yet.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am watching season 2 - mainly as background noise while I play games - and it is slowly turning into a stinky turd. There is no focus. Problems exist for about 2 episodes and are completely cured with no consequences. The characters ar flat, and Sabrina has turned into the worst of daenerys targaryen screeching "Where are my dragons" except that her goal is the peaceful unity of humans and witches. She is a good witch - a very good witch. There is absolutely no internal conflict in any of the characters- simply good and evil unexplained.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

I like it. It's no BtVS, but hey, what is? It's watchable for sure. It's by the same team that does riverdale which started going downhill on S2. At least S2 was consistently entertaining with S1.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

While not perfect, I like Sabrina too.

Comment

Along with the new Lost in Space this has been one of those nice little surprises from Netflix recently. The casting mostly is spot on. Its a fun watch with a decent style and atmosphere. The teen romance stuff is the weakest part of the show. But I enjoy a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Trick View Post
            Along with the new Lost in Space this has been one of those nice little surprises from Netflix recently. The casting mostly is spot on. Its a fun watch with a decent style and atmosphere. The teen romance stuff is the weakest part of the show. But I enjoy a lot.
            I think I finished S1, though I'm not sure. I really didn't like it. The acting was hit and miss, and as you say the teen romance was weak. The only character I felt anything for was Faustus Blackwood. Sabrina herself had no flaws that she couldn't solve, which made her boring to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I think I finished S1, though I'm not sure. I really didn't like it. The acting was hit and miss, and as you say the teen romance was weak. The only character I felt anything for was Faustus Blackwood. Sabrina herself had no flaws that she couldn't solve, which made her boring to me.
              Really? Don't you like the actress playing Sabrina? I think she's really natural. Think it might suffer from the 22-episodes format. A shorter season like 8-10 would work a bit better. But I enjoy it as a lighter watch. There's a few darker moments too.

Comment

Yay Tricky! Methinks Pricey just has a crush on Faustus! While I'll agree the show can be kinda hit or miss & romancey at times. 22 episodes? It only had 20 broken up into 2 halves which are nearly separate seasons? Unless yer referring to the original 90s series?

Comment

Methinks Pricey just has a crush on Faustus!
                  I do

I much preferred the 90's series. The modern actress is good but the character doesn't appeal.

Comment

I do

I much preferred the 90's series. The modern actress is good but the character doesn't appeal.
                    BTW you know the actor playing Blackwood was Jeff in the British sitcom Coupling quite a few years ago? He is quite the dashing fellow, doesn't have anything on Gomez as Mary/Lilith/Madam Satan she really floats my boat!

Comment

Yes I did recognise him. He's been in loads of stuff.

Comment

I do

Now that's just krazy!

Comment

Never saw the 90's sitcom version only bits of it. Isn't the new season of this starting in March or something?

Comment

Say what you will, but these guys know how to make a trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post

Say what you will, but these guys know how to make a trailer!
                              Yeah the new trailer is kinda batshit insane but in a fun way!

Saw it actually starts again in a couple of weeks so not long to wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X