Game of Thrones Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Season 7

Season 6 was absolutely amazing. I loved it, and am looking forward to starting Season 7. I have my favourites and I'm hoping they prosper; Dany, Jorah, Arya, Sansa, Davos, Varys . . . I also hope to see Gendry and The Hound again as we didn't see a lot of them last season.

7.01 Dragonstone

I knew Arya was Waldo, of course, because we'd seen her kill him. The wine had to be poison. But it was still wonderful to see Arya take her revenge. Winter most certainly came for House Fray.

Ok, Lady Mormont might be my favourite character in all of GoT. She keeps making me tear up.

Enjoyed seeing Jon stand up to Sansa, and getting all the Northern families to stand together. But Baelish can see a division forming and he's going to be in there like a rat up a drainpipe. Sansa is a great adviser and Jon should listen to her.

I am hopeful Tyrion at least has lots of children, so the Lannister dynasty continues through him, that would be so ironic.

OMG Jorah. He's in a cell in the monastry. Oh no, he hasn't found a cure. I don't think my ship is going to sail into the sunset. I don't want him to die alone ins some cell, cared for by Samwell ****ing Tarley, he deserves so much better than that. Goddammit, this has really annoyed me. Ed Sheeran gets to sing his stupid song, and Jorah dies.

Not an Ed Sheeran fan or just feeling fraught??

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Not an Ed Sheeran fan or just feeling fraught??
      Sorry, I write these as I'm watching and Jorah's fate had me nearly distraught. I took my pain out on Ed and Samwell and I am sorry I did that. I don't hate Ed or Sam, and apologise to all their fans.

Comment

Glad yer enjoyed S6 too. S6 was one of the better seasons. Especially after what was probably the weakest (S5). Lyanna Mormont is great! Still say that Sansa would make a great queen (especially if paired up with Tyrion).

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
          Glad yer enjoyed S6 too. S6 was one of the better seasons. Especially after what was probably the weakest (S5). Lyanna Mormont is great! Still say that Sansa would make a great queen (especially if paired up with Tyrion).
          Season 6 was great, really enjoyed it. The battles were amazing and there was such great character growth. Sansa would be a great Queen, but she'd need good advisers as she's a tiny bit twisted, though who can blame her, she has the guilt of her father's death, which she saw, she was continually raped and tortured for god knows how long, and the guy who sold her to the rapist is now crushing on her, her life is particularly vile. In fact of all the main characters, she's probably suffered the most.

- - - Updated - - -

7.02 Stormborn

I do not like Dany turning on Varys. This isn't Dany. She's no fool to be sure, but I don't understand why she's turning on him, he's done nothing wrong. He gives a great speech in vindication, and I admire him even more. Dany has become very scary now she's home, and her hair has turned grey.

OMG Jorah is so brave. My heart broke for him. I wanted him to pass out, the pain was that awful. I refuse to be hopeful, I don't expect Sam to cure him, but I hope that his death is meaningful in some way, that he fights bravely and with honour and is remembered. I hope he sees Dany one more time.

- - - Updated - - -

7.03 The Queen's Justice

The meeting between Jon and Dany was very entertaining. They both fought their corner well, and I am in no doubt Dany will support the King of the North.

Poor Theon, he goes from misery to misery. I don't really care about the other Greyjoys or the Dornish. Cersei killing the daughter was an incredible revenge, and then she's all hot for Jaime. I don't think she's well, the loss of her children has driven her to madness.

All this nonsense between Dany and Jon is . . . nonsense, because they're the best looking duo in the show, if they don't get together it would be the first time in television history it's ever never happened. I'm finding no joy in them pussyfooting around, with all the political intrigue, dragon glass mining, oh who's gonna fight in who's war, that's all blah. Dany is very much less interesting and Jon is as uninteresting as he ever was.

Oh my god Jorah is well. I shall never say anything bad about Sam again. He's a genius! I thought if was going to fail. My ship is at sea again!!! And don't anyone say a bad word about Sam again.

The unsullied taking Casterly Rock was very good, but I felt so sorry for Lady Tyrell and High Garden. I've always liked the Tyrells, it's a shame to see the family finished. I loved Lady Tyrell at the end, it felt like she got a tiny bit of revenge.

Comment

Priceless:

My ship is at sea again!!! And don't anyone say a bad word about Sam again.
            And good luck to all who sail in her! Can I say just say I think Sam's an arse in 8. 03? It's not a very bad word...I can think of worse.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
              Priceless:

And good luck to all who sail in her! Can I say just say I think Sam's an arse in 8. 03? It's not a very bad word...I can think of worse.
              Take that back! Sam saved Jorah's life, for which I shall be eternally grateful. I'm still on S7 so I can't comment on S8. But now I know Sam survives at least till episode 3 or S8

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Take that back! Sam saved Jorah's life, for which I shall be eternally grateful. I'm still on S7 so I can't comment on S8. But now I know Sam survives at least till episode 3 or S8
                Oh bloody hell! Sorry! I forgot "being alive" was as big a spoiler as "being dead". There used to be a time when "being alive" was kinda the default position. When did life (or not) become this complicated? He walks funny...like an inelegant Charlie Chaplin...has he always walked funny?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                  Oh bloody hell! Sorry! I forgot "being alive" was as big a spoiler as "being dead". There used to be a time when "being alive" was kinda the default position. When did life (or not) become this complicated? He walks funny...like an inelegant Charlie Chaplin...has he always walked funny?
                  In Game of Thrones, being alive is a spoiler Yes Sam has always walked funny. I don't think pushing that trolley full of bedpans up and down the library helped with his gait But I will not criticise Sam! He's a genius and a wonderful character in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    I don't think she's well, the loss of her children has driven her to madness.
                    Short drive

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
                      Short drive
                      NAIL. ON. HEAD!
                      sigpic

Comment

7.04 The Spoils of War

The meeting between Jon and Theon was interesting. I thought Jon might beat him down, but he restrained himself.

Dickon! I just realised he's meant to be Sams brother, but it's a different actor. This guy's from The Umbrella Academy.

Dany and the dragon and the Dothraki destroying Jamie's army was horrible, but so satisfying after their victory at High Garden. It was like watching the Roman army fight American Indians, but bizarre and terrifying. I was worried the dragon would be killed and I was hoping Jamie would be, but of course that jammy bastard got away, and that beautiful dragon was injured. I am praying he's okay. The battle was brilliantly choreographed, as all the battles in GoT have been.

Comment

I love seeing the emotional responses from Tyrion to Jaime, such a lot of loyalty and feeling there. The dynamics of the Lannister siblings is a fascinating aspect of the show to me. And of course, in contrast still, I rejoiced that Jaime escaped and I'm more inclined to question Dany's judgements/actions. Agree the battles are excellent.

Comment

Blergh Jamie Lannister . . . not a fan. He's okay, but he's not my favourite (if it's a choice between sacrifce Jaime or the dragon, it's goodbye Jaime for me) I do like how the brothers look after each other when they need to and I do admire that loyalty, but surely that's the least that can be expected. I'm just not a Lannister fan. Tyrion has grown on me, but I preferred Tywin to all of them.

I agree, Dany has lost a bit of her coolness. She's not used to losing and she's not handling it well. There's a definite difference between the epic/biblical Dany of Seasons 1-6 and this new, frustrated and angry Dany of S7. I'm looking forward to seeing how the season ends for her.

Comment

Dany doesn't handle loss well. Plus can be a bit full of herself at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X