Game of Thrones Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Season 2

There doesn't seem to be a Season 2 thread so I shall start one.

I've become very fond of Varys.

So far S2 is a bit of a disappointment. Why would someone kill all their sons? It makes no logical sense. All the political back-stage stuff is a bit dull for me.

So far the highlight, if you can call it that, is Joffrey having one prostitute beat up another so he could get off on it, and vicariously punish Baelish. It was such a tense scene and made me love/hate Joffrey even more.

Dany at the gates of Qarth was fun. The greeters at the gate and the landscape all reminded me of a Doctor Who episode, perhaps they were Time Lords.

Charles Dance is great. One of the best actors in the show. Some of the acting is a little hysterical and just not good. So Dance really does stand out.

Comment

Charles Dance is great. One of the best actors in the show.
      Stunning performance from CD. If someone told me he'd killed a deer in Richmond Park, took it back to Camden on the Tube and skinned it in his kitchen, I'd believe them.
      sigpic

Comment

The best part of S2 is the Battle of Black Water, and the Hound & Sansa scenes. Also Tyrion & a Danaerys scene in the finale...

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
          The best part of S2 is the Battle of Black Water, and the Hound & Sansa scenes. Also Tyrion & a Danaerys scene in the finale...
          Do Tyrion and Dany meet each other in Season 2? I don't remember that at all. I remember The Hound kidnapping Arya - is that this Season? I've just watched the ep where The Hound rescues Sansa from a gang rape.

I am happy to say there is much less rape or gratuitous nudity in this season.

Comment

Sorry - I kinda got distracted tonight by the last episode of Fleabag S2. I'm so shipping Fleabag and The Priest! Andrew Scott was just adorable. I can't remember a damned thing about S2 GoT except for this:

there is much less rape or gratuitous nudity
            And far less political upheaval than being caused by Brexit! Looks like being October now. We should get a dragon....
            Last edited by TriBel; 10-04-19, 11:36 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

If someone had to convince me to watch GoT in 5 words or less, how would you frame it in a sentence? Lol. Genuinely curious about what makes this show so popular.

Comment

Oh SpuffyGlitz that's one hell of a challenge because I don't think GoT is made for viewers like you and me. But I'll give it a go . . .

Strong Women Defying The Odds

Medieval World Made Mystically Epic

Comment

Joffrey got slapped again. Bronn and Tyrion - marriage made in Heaven. first sight of The Dark Hedges. Acting's getting better.

SpuffyGlitz: IDK: sick, funny, exciting - with dragons?
                  sigpic

Comment

Bronn is great, and I like his friendship with Tyrion. The show does male friendship well I think, with them and Jon/Sam and are Stannis and Davos friends?. There aren't any female friendships that immediately come to mind, but they may appear in the later seasons.

Melisandre birthing that shadow thing, that was so weird, especially for Davos

Comment

Originally posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
                      If someone had to convince me to watch GoT in 5 words or less, how would you frame it in a sentence? Lol. Genuinely curious about what makes this show so popular.
                      Arrgh that's tough. Intriguing characters/dynamics, societal structures. With the tag line, delivered with action, suspense, drama and emotional wallops.

Comment

Season 2 started out too slow for me, but it gets much better. I'm loving Arya and Charles Dance's relationship. Dany searching for her stolen dragons was fun and weird, with that warlock who could copy himself. Catelyn letting Jaime go was so annoying. I understood she did it for her children, but it so obviously a tactical error and she's not a stupid woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone have any interest in Robb Stark and Talisa? When you were watching their relationship as the show aired, did anyone care? I just cannot raise any interest in these two at all. Bring on The Red Wedding I say

Comment

That's just mean! Both Robb & Cait did some dopey stuff in S2 & S3. Tyrion & Dany don't meet till much later. Was just saying that Dany has a kool scene in the finale.

Comment

I'm not quite at the point Priceless describes, but
                            I confess to losing my investment in Robb in S2: from
                            the time he turned toward Talissa, it was clear to me
                            that he was doomed, that he lacked the strength of
                            the other remaining Stark children (I include Jon here),
                            their improvisatory vision—

Otherwise, S2 does start slowly, and it is, in general, my
                            least favorite season, but some things resonate:

• Every scene between Arya and Tywin...

• Tyrion's manipulations of those with power
                            if King's Landing, combined with Varys'
                            understanding of his skill...

• Sansa and the Hound, the vulnerability she
                            brings out in him, the strength he does in her—

• Ygritte: what we see this season is but a promise
                            of what to come, but her humour, insightfulness,
                            gorgeous embodiment of sexuality and power—all
                            so evident from her first appearance...

• And, of course, the Battle of Blackwater...

Comment

Blackwater is an excellent episode. I think it makes up for a lot of the flaws in this season. The wildfire destroying the fleet and turning the water green was a terrific watch, I bet the audience at the time just cheered. It's also the first time I've really liked Tyrion. I've found him an over-hyped character, written to be loved by the audience, he's the voice of reason but also funny and kind etc. etc. so I've always been suspicious of him, but in this episode I actually enjoyed him and admired him.

Another gripe about women being naked for no reason. Don't know if I've said this before, but this show has a habit of men talking while there is a naked woman in the background, or several naked women. Either in this ep or the one before, we have Bronn and The Hound facing off, and there is a naked woman sat on Bronns knee. She is totally hairless and her knees are welded together, and she's meant to be a street walker. It's just so incongruous it's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X