No announcement yet.

Season 7 Finale discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are seriously misreading the novels if you thought it would have been safe in any way for Ned, for his house, or for Jon, to try to reveal his parentage at any time while he still lived. At least in backing Stannis over the Lannister bastard he could have plausible support from some of the great houses had he not been played so easily by Littlefinger; without an army of a scale that Daenarys was years away from winning, trying to raise a Targaryen to the Iron Throne would have just seen them all under the sword instead of just himself.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

KingofCretins

* I've never read the novels. GRRM isn't even finished making them. I'm discussing the Blu-Rays.

* BTW, Jon in 1.07 or 1.08 screams in pain when touching a 'fire lantern'--he's not a 'true dragon'.

* Lyanna could have sent a message to Ned regarding her relationship with the Crown Prince.

* Ned would tell Jon, Robb, etc. of Jon's bloodline. At least Ned wouldn't have Jon considering joining the Night's Watch.

* Anyway, the Jon stuff is minor for me compared to the Dany stuff. The Jon stuff wouldn't even be a problem if Robb Stark wasn't so foolish. He marries a relative nobody instead of having that relative nobody as a mistress or paramour.

In the TV series, Westeros isn't even much or any better than Essos. Dany could have taken over the Iron Bank.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
        KingofCretins

* I've never read the novels. GRRM isn't even finished making them. I'm discussing the Blu-Rays.

* BTW, Jon in 1.07 or 1.08 screams in pain when touching a 'fire lantern'--he's not a 'true dragon'.

* Lyanna could have sent a message to Ned regarding her relationship with the Crown Prince.

* Ned would tell Jon, Robb, etc. of Jon's bloodline. At least Ned wouldn't have Jon considering joining the Night's Watch.

* Anyway, the Jon stuff is minor for me compared to the Dany stuff. The Jon stuff wouldn't even be a problem if Robb Stark wasn't so foolish. He marries a relative nobody instead of having that relative nobody as a mistress or paramour.

In the TV series, Westeros isn't even much or any better than Essos. Dany could have taken over the Iron Bank.
        No humans are "true dragons", except metaphorically. The idea that the Targaryens are immune to fire or hot temperatures is fanon nonsense, and the idea that Dany is a show nonsense. (And show is inconsistent anyway.) Dany surviving Drogo's funeral pyre was a one time magical event (GRRM even straight up explained that). She gets burns in the book from Drogon's fire when she tames him in Daznak's pit. Several Targaryens in history have actually died in a fire or gotten severe burns (you may have learned of that in the History and Lore videos).

Of course Ned never told any of his teenage kids or teenage Jon the truth! It's a secret he promised to keep and had kept all his life, so Jon wouldn't be murdered by Robert or Tywin or anyone! That's also another reason why Jon joining the NW was perfect - it meant that he would be seen as no danger even if it was discovered who his real father was. NW brothers have no claim and cannot hold lands or titles.
        Last edited by TimeTravellingBunny; 18-03-18, 04:09 PM.
        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Wow, just popped in to inform that GoT Seasons 1-7 BluRay boxset is presently only $110 on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...dp/B07617BK8N/

That's probably around the lowest price your ever going to see for this.

I paid $140 in January 2018 and that was a great deal back then.

Comment

Working...
          X