Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Favourite Game of Thrones character(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robb Stark for me. Watching the show at Red Wedding, I was so mad, that I wanted to stop watching GoT. But then again, there is our lovely Mother of Dragons Khaleesi I enjoy every scene where she is in. I actually want more of her. I am sure season 7 will be a game changer.

Comment

I stopped watching GoT soon after Tryion arrived and was the obvious choice to be Dany's Hand of the Queen. The TV series made Dany too powerful too fast and then ridiculously hamstrung her by having her make stupid decisions: locking up her dragons, not ridding of the threat of the former masters, having her seem to forget that she had 93 ships, not doing anything when Westeros was at war with itself, etc. And then it had the supposed greatest warriors in the world be easily killed.

Dany's so powerful she could have taken all the wealth of Quarth, killed all the masters and took all their wealth, subdued the Iron Bank and start running it, and easily be the Queen of all of Essos.

Finally, there's the obvious problem of Essos is actually much nicer than Westeros.

Now, Jon is a possible contender for the Iron Throne but it's very silly that R&L didn't simply get married. That would have ended the war and easily kept the Targaryens in power.

Jon is a male heir but he's a bastard and he's a former brother of the Night's Watch. By law, he's not 'next in line'.

Given "A Song of Ice and Fire", I've always assumed the endgame was to have Dany and Jon marry. Jon's now being "King of the North" puts more legitimacy to that.

Comment

Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, so there was no such thing as "simply" to his affair with Lyanna.

I find it amusing that the biggest shipper speculation of this series on TV at this point is whether or not a man will be involved with either his aunt (Daenarys is Jon's father's sister) or his cousin (Sansa is Jon's mother's brother's daughter). That's how effed up this show is.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
          Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell, so there was no such thing as "simply" to his affair with Lyanna.
          Simply, not, but many people do think they got married. Targaryens were known to practice polygamy in the past (Aegon the Conqueror was married to both his sisters), though the last one to do that was Maegor the Cruel, almost 300 years before the present events, and the Faith did not react well to it. Whether people would accept that marriage as legitimate or not, and who would accept it, is another matter. But the reason why people believe they were married is because the behavior of the Kinsguard members at the Tower of Joy. They could and probably would have accepted a marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna as legitimate, and this is really the only explanation why they would have been so determined to give their lives protecting Lyanna's baby from his own uncle. Ned asked them why they were not with Viserys instead, as their heir to the throne and legitimate king in the eyes of Targaryen supporters after Aerys' death. If Jon was a bastard, he would have no claim to the throne, and it would be odd for Kingsguard members to focus on protecting the late crown prince's unborn bastard child. But if he was seen (by them, at least) as legitimate, they would have seen him as their next King. And their vows are about protecting the King, primarily.

Now, that doesn't mean that Jon will become the King of Westeros. I don't think he would want that, and I don't think he'd have much support. He's also not the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne or to anything, regardless of his legitimate/illegitimate birth status, because he is a member of the Night's Watch. He has sworn to hold no lands or titles. That can't simply be handwaved away, as the show is doing (but the show has handwaved a whole bunch of things and stopped making sense a while ago) and I don't think it will in the books.

The books offer a more logical way that Jon may be crowned King in the North at some point (before his death, not suspecting he would be killed at a wedding but thinking he may die in the campaign he was about to set on after getting more soldiers from the Freys, Robb made a will that most likely legitimized Jon, released him from his vows and/or made him his heir. This is at least a common fan speculation. The will is in the hands of some of Robb's prominent supporters whose whereabouts are currently unknown.) Jon being KITN in the show makes no sense - he has neither been legitimized nor released from his vows, Sansa is right there, and both of them know that Bran is still alive. Jon didn't even do anything worthy of being made King, he made a mess of the battle and was lucky that the knights of the Vale saved his arse. And I think Jon (at least in the books, I find show versions of character unrecognizable at this point) would really feel terrible about this and would never allow it. He told Stannis "Winterfell belongs to my sister Sansa" (and book Jon doesn't know that Bran and Rickon did not get killed by Theon back when he took Winterfell) when Stannis was offering to legitimize him, release him from his vows and make him Lord of Winterfell. Being chosen KITN over his legitimate siblings is something Jon would hate. In the show, he's practically confirming all of Catelyn's worst fears - he is taking her children's birthright from them.

I find it amusing that the biggest shipper speculation of this series on TV at this point is whether or not a man will be involved with either his aunt (Daenarys is Jon's father's sister) or his cousin (Sansa is Jon's mother's brother's daughter). That's how effed up this show is.
          I think you meant his sister. They grew up as brother and sister and think of themselves as such. They aren't going to decide to marry or fall in love because "oh, we're just cousins" (as the Jonsa shippers are insisting). It doesn't work like that. (The same goes for people who ship Jon/Arya in the books.)

They are some people who ship Jon/Sansa in the books, but it's a minority. The only reason it's become so popular in the show is because people are shallow and don't apply much logic when they see two good-looking people of opposite sex and acceptable age range interacting.
          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I have only really watched the first 3 seasons, so don't judge me too harshly for forgetting or not caring about someone who has proved themselves in later seasons.

My favourites are in sections, so the good - Arya Stark, Gendry, Daenerys Targerian, Jorah, Davos Seaworth (I would also count Ned Stark in this, but I've decided to only count the living)

The neutral (so far) - Lord Varys, Sansa Stark

The bad - Joffrey, The Hound, Lord Baelish, Tywin Lannister

I've also got a soft spot for the Tyrells and hope they prosper

Comment

Arya and Tyrion. They were my favorites in the books and they are my favorites in the series. I really like Sansa better than I did in the books. Dani, OTH, is going down in my estimation.
              Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post
                Arya and Tyrion. They were my favorites in the books and they are my favorites in the series. I really like Sansa better than I did in the books. Dani, OTH, is going down in my estimation.
                Oh no, I'm surprised to hear that Dany is going downhill for you. I'm only in S4 and haven't read the books, and I love her. She seems so pure of heart and wanting to do the right thing. Is it that the closer she gets to the throne the more corruptible she becomes?

Comment

Do you really want to be spoiled? Let's just say she is determined to win Westeros. She makes decisions that I find questionable, that are beginning to rebound. Episode 1 just makes me see her choices through a new lens. I wouldn't say she's corrupted, but the things she does to get her army and free the slaves are not the tactics to use against people she wants to accept her rule.

Sansa, OTH, is rising. And I still adore Arya.
                  Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Voted for Arya, Sansa, Tyrion & Dany. Plus other for somehow forgotten option: The Hound!

Comment

Working...
                    X