Game of Thrones Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
    IDK, I think the pacing so far is better than it was last season, which was so very, very slow, until the very end of the season--in comparison this season has been moving pretty quickly for the most part, major stuff happening, though some storylines have been progressing better than others (though same with last season.
    Well, I happen to like the slow pacing of the first season. With a show as complex as GoT I always find that a slow pacing and a careful introduction/exploration of the characters and a gradual world building is the right way to go if you want to make sure your viewers don't get lost. They may move quicker this season, but as a result I feel some of the depth is lost. I find myself checking up on story details/character backgrounds/location history way more often this season than the last, only to have a better grasp on what's happening, and I think that's not something I should need to do. The TV show should be able to stand on its own.

Comment

Sherrilina, yes, the Ghoust of Harrenhal is this misterious guy , I know it, but I can`t spell his name, who kills for Arya. He is not quite a human, IMO he is kina shapeshifter / OR MAY BE I WATCH TOO MUCH SUPERNATURAL, LoL/ , but unfortunately Arya won`t ask him to kill Tywin. Arya is just a kid after all and even then she realizes that she have to ask him for Tywin`s death , but it was too late. I just wander - if Arya would ask him to kill Tywin, would "The Ghoust" will be able to do it ?
      sigpic
      maked by plamivasi

Comment

Man, such an intense episode! Sh*t is truly getting real now...

OMG the Theon scene in the rain! So traumatic, poor Bran and Rickon...and so was the scene of the Meister sending the raven ment to be a "earlier" thing to give a preview, before they jumped back in time to show the conquest?

Also the Arya scenes were brilliant and so tense, omg...LOVED them, and also loved seeing these new insights into the Lannister patriarch, seeing a bit of a softer side to him. I'm glad they made this change from the book.

Jon continues to be the most boring part for me, but maybe now his scenes will be more interesting--is Ygritte the same actress who was the maid who was learning how to type in "Downton Abbey"?

Also, speaking of Ygritte, lol:

Last edited by sherrilina; 07-05-12, 06:38 AM.
        Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Jon not wearing a hat is so distracting, his poor ears! Ygritte is awesome, and yes the actress was in Downton Abbey before... that's where I recognized her from! But poor Jon, lost in the north. But Ghost wouldn't leave him right?

Oh Theon, dumbass. How is it possible that two Starks can just leave with Hodor (HODOR!) and Osha. What was the point of Osha sleeping with Theon anyway? So she wouldn't be locked up somewhere? But I felt so bad for Bran (and Rickon) in those first scenes, poor boys. At least they are with Osha, she is smarter than most potential kings and seems to know some things about surviving. I think it's sweet she is so loyal to the little boys (at least it looks like that), after all she was just a wildling taken prisoner.

The riots in King Landing were intense, poor Sansa. I hoped during the whole sequence that Joffrey would be torn apart by the crowd. That would've been such a fitting ending, and I wouldn't miss that monster one second.

Arya's scene were once again my favorites, that in contrast to her older brother who is as naive as Jon and they also share this lack of character.

Dany kind of annoys me; she is like a little child who wants an icecream. Instead of being grateful she and her people are taken care of, she acts like everybody wrongs her because they don't donate her ships and armies. It's sad they took her dragons though, but I doubt they will be gone for a long time.

And how small is Westeros? Littefinger is every episode in another place.
          Last edited by Nina; 07-05-12, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I absolutely love John Snow. Well, it annoys me a little the scene with Yogritte, because in the book he left her to escape, but here she scapes alone. ANyway. He is kind and noble. He and Arya are my favorites in first place and Dani too. I hope she wont become like her insane brother dreaming about the Throne like he did.

Nina, the wolf never lives John./ At least untill 3 - rd book, which I`m reading now /.
            sigpic
            maked by plamivasi

Comment

Yay for a Jaime centric episode, that was long overdue! And yay for Jaime meeting Brienne! Their first interaction ("is that a woman?") was pretty perfect, I cannot wait to see more.

Another very gripping episode, I enjoyed it a lot. The show really goes out of its way to show a softer side of Cersei, book!Cersei would never cry infront of Tyrion or talk about Joffrey this way. I also liked how both Cersei and Jaime were talking about each other in this ep, Jaime may not have much in the way of honour but he is right when he says that he has always remained faithful to Cersei, as wrong as that relationship is.

I also loved that we finally got a "You know nothing, Jon Snow"! Really glad that Jon's storyline has finally become very interesting, especially with him now being surrounded by wildlings.

Arya and Twyin's scenes continue to be great. I'm a bit confused though whether Tywin knows that she is Arya Stark or whether he just suspects that she is a noble girl.

Theon, you are just a piece of shit!

Comment

Cori, didn`t this interaction between Arya and Twyin annoying ? I mean this has nothing to do with the book. In the book Arya never met face to face with Tywin and she barely speaks with Lord Bolton as his servent. IMO they want to show as that Lord Tywin is not so bad, but he is.
                Last edited by _Buffy_; 15-05-12, 07:22 PM.
                sigpic
                maked by plamivasi

Comment

Originally posted by _Buffy_ View Post
                  Cori, didn`t this interaction betweent Arya and Twyin annoying ? I mean this has nothing to do with the book. In the book Ara never met face to face with Tywin and she barely speaks with Lord Bolton as his servent. IMO they want to show as that Lord Tywin is not so bad, but he is.
                  The interaction between Arya and Tywin is one of the highlights of the second season for me. It may not happen in the books, but it works very well for the TV show, because it gives Arya's story more gravity and adds interesting layers to Tywin's character. I don't think the writers show Tywin as a good guy; he is clearly ruthless, but he is not a one-dimensional villain and I enjoy that. I think for the TV show it is way more important to have steady characters than it is for the books. The sheer number of characters in this show is confusing as it is, so I think it is good to replace non-essential characters from the books with already established characters, especially if it works as well as it does with Tywin and Arya.

Comment

Realy liked the episode. Some thoughts. Theon is an a** end of thought. No but seriously I really think he is conflicted and is acting in this way more to proof himself then because he really wants to hurt the starks. Anyway he continues to be intriguing to me at least.

Love Yiggritte, I love that she is calling Jon Snow out, the whole you are just a boy comment was brilliant and the fact that of course the wildlings turn out to be people just the same as the ones on the wall was to be expected but is still lovely. Looking forward to Jon Snow getting out of his very small believe and life experience box and learning some new things.

Dany has started to annoy me. I can get around the childlike attitude but the fact that she doesn´t take responsibility for her actions and blames the people who are trying to help her does annoy me. I love what´s his name who is so loyal to her, and I love the fact that he is clearly in love with her (yes I still forgot his name I know bad) but someone needs to get some sense into Dany.

Arya and Tywin are love. Their senses are one of the highlights of an episode for me as well. I don´t read the books so I am of course not bothered by inconsistencies but I think their senses add a lot to both characters. I think Tiwyn just suspects that Arya is high born, she has done nothing notable for him to think that she is a Stark, or maybe I missed something.

Highlight of the episode of course for me is Cersei, I love her scene with Tiryon as always. It feels a bit out of character for her to talk about Joffrey in this way especially considering how blinded she is by love for him and the fact that just a scene earlier she is telling Sansa that a mother can´t help but love her children. But maybe she is finally figuring out what will happen now that she can´t control him. Having said that I miss Joff on screen. And on that note I miss Mellisandre on screen (please don´t die)

Loved to see Jamie back. He is right about his loyalty for Cercei. The relationship is weird and yucky but I am always surprised just how much they both seem to really care for the other specially Jamie. Hope he survives he is a good provider of much needed sarcasm. Oh and what the hell happened at the end are we supposed to believe
                    Spoiler:
                    the boys are dead?
                    Last edited by Mara; 15-05-12, 01:33 PM.
                    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mara View Post
                      Oh and what the hell happened at the end are we supposed to believe
                      Spoiler:
                      the boys are dead?
                      No, I don't think we are supposed to believe that those charred corpses have been Bran and Rickon. Those have most certainly been the kids of the family that lived on the farm. Of course, Theon wants the people of Winterfell to believe that the corspes are the Stark boys in order to make them compliant. That's why he sent Maester Luwin back to Winterfell before they had even found the kids, so he couldn't witness the deception. If Luwin believes the kids to be dead, everyone else will follow without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by galathea View Post
                        No, I don't think we are supposed to believe that those charred corpses have been Bran and Rickon. Those have most certainly been the kids of the family that lived on the farm. Of course, Theon wants the people of Winterfell to believe that the corspes are the Stark boys in order to make them compliant. That's why he sent Maester Luwin back to Winterfell before they had even found the kids, so he couldn't witness the deception. If Luwin believes the kids to be dead, everyone else will follow without question.

Exactly. But anyway, Theon is a killer and coward . He killed those children and even then, when they are not Bran and Rickon , his crime is not less awfull. I hate him on the second place after "king" Joff.

And, just for the reckord - if they follow the canon , Tywin has nothing to do with Arya , so even if he trys to prtetend to be good with her, he has no idea who she really is.
                        Last edited by _Buffy_; 15-05-12, 07:33 PM.
                        sigpic
                        maked by plamivasi

Comment

• Where has Varys dissapeared to? I like Varys, he is funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Buffy_ View Post
                            Exactly. But anyway, Theon is a killer and coward . He killed those children and even then, when they are not Bran and Rickon , his crime is not less awfull. I hate him on the second place after "king" Joff.

And, just for the reckord - if they follow the canon , Tywin has nothing to do with Arya , so even if he trys to prtetend to be good with her, he has no idea who she really is.
                            Just because something is slightly different in the books and show, doesn't make it not canon, it makes it canon to one but not the other. So they may choose to not follow the books in every aspect, but I think that's smart- different mediums need different focuses in some cases. I enjoy having as much screen time of Tywin as we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                              Just because something is slightly different in the books and show, doesn't make it not canon, it makes it canon to one but not the other. So they may choose to not follow the books in every aspect, but I think that's smart- different mediums need different focuses in some cases. I enjoy having as much screen time of Tywin as we do.

But in the way how he is shown he is not Tywin for me anymore. The "original" Tywin is cruel and mean and evil . This one on screen is like his pale copy.The "original" Tywin would never interseted if his servent is hungry, for example.
                              sigpic
                              maked by plamivasi

Comment

• Originally posted by galathea View Post
                                Well, I happen to like the slow pacing of the first season. With a show as complex as GoT I always find that a slow pacing and a careful introduction/exploration of the characters and a gradual world building is the right way to go if you want to make sure your viewers don't get lost. They may move quicker this season, but as a result I feel some of the depth is lost. I find myself checking up on story details/character backgrounds/location history way more often this season than the last, only to have a better grasp on what's happening, and I think that's not something I should need to do. The TV show should be able to stand on its own.
                                I agree with you - I much prefer the development of the story and characters of the first season - IMO, unless you read the books with this season you are missing a lot of important elements of the novels. I can certainly understand that the novels must be condensed and make changes made if they are going to follow the amount of episodes.

Personally, I felt that there was a huge amount of screen time wasted on the Jon-Ygrite scenes in the last episode. I don't see much benefit for advancing the story with this treatment, I would have preferred scenes with the confrontation between The Crows and the Wildlings which was what is important.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X