Game of Thrones Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue_peroxide View Post
    I've read the books but the scene of Ned's death was still overwhelming. The scene was so beautifully directed. The moment of silence just before. Sigh. I feel I want a hug but I'm at home all alone
    I was just talking with a friend who has seen only first two episodes and said "this show seems awfully violent". I said, well, dear, you've seen just the start.
    I can't wait for the 1.10. And for the DVD to come out. And for the S2.
    Yeah, the whole thing was wonderfully directed and there are so many things they are doing wonderfully. I was so worried how they'd do Shae and they're doing her perfectly. Love the little dysfunctional family Tyrion has built himself.

I can't wait for him to take the center stage in Season 2. And yes, this is definitely a show I'll get on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixennacht View Post
      Varys, Varys,

Spoiler:
      I wonder where he will end up in the next book. Still with Tyrion? Visiting Illyrio and eventually teaming up with Dany, maybe?
      I'm thinking not (re: Varys) but mainly because I read the sample chapter that was released on the web.
      Spoiler:
      It does sound like Tyrion may be heading towards Dany in ADwD

Originally posted by blue_peroxide View Post
      I've read the books but the scene of Ned's death was still overwhelming. The scene was so beautifully directed.
      I thought it was beautifully directed as well. I think that scene got to me more on the show than the book. Poor Arya. Poor Sansa. Poor Ned.
      Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
      ~Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by shipperx View Post
        I'm thinking not (re: Varys) but mainly because I read the sample chapter that was released on the web.
        Spoiler:
        It does sound like Tyrion may be heading towards Dany in ADwD
        Ahem

Link please
        "Gunn dies, Illyria Survives, Spike shanshus, Angel looses an arm and Xander looses an arm too, which is odd because he wasn't even there."
        Joss Whedon at the High Stakes convention - 2004

Comment

Originally posted by ubi4soft View Post
          Ahem

Link please
          Martin had changing sample chapters of Dance on his website:

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

I didn't read them lately though. I'm currently rereading the whole series, so that I can read Dance with the rest fresh on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixennacht View Post
            I thought Littlefinger's scene with exposition whore was the lowpoint of an otherwise brilliant episode. It was so gratuitous and worse it made Littlefinger look like a moron. He must know that Varys probably has half his whores on his paylist.
            I didn't think of the Varys thing, but I liked the exposition whore (lol there seem to be a lot on this show) just because it did give us more of a glimpse into his character, ridiculously petty as it is (does he really think Catelyn is going to fall into his arms once he was behind murdering her husband?). It gives a sense of why he's such a bitter person...
            Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

New trailer for season 2! Can't wait.
              Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
              ~Douglas Adams

Comment

Yep, the trailer looks pretty good, and I like how it fits everyone in...I hope season 2 will be better than s1 was, I feel like season 1 was so slow much of the time, and only in the very end did things get going and sh*t started getting real--it'll be interesting to see how things go (and say, how the baby dragons are doing, lol...

I just caught the re-running of 1.02 on HBO, I sure hope Jon Snow will have more to do this season than mope around and whine with that pained emo expression on his face the whole time...
                Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I'm looking forward to this show being back on the air. It should have gotten the EMMY and Golden Globe for best series -- I forgot which shows actually won.

But, so far, this show only has two likable characters -- Arywin Strak and Tyrion Lannister. I wouldn't really care too much if all the other characters died.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                    But, so far, this show only has two likable characters -- Arywin Strak and Tyrion Lannister. I wouldn't really care too much if all the other characters died.
                    Her name is Arya Stark. And personally I think the show has many likeable characters besides Arya and Tyrion. I love Jon Snow and Samwell and their unlikely friendship. I love Robb Stark. The way he comes into his manhood when his father dies and how he inspires love and loyalty in the banner men of the north is wonderful. I love Daenerys and her strong development from shy girl to powerful mistress of the dragons. There are also smaller characters that I find likeable, like Benjen, Shae, Osha or Commander Mormon and his son Jorah.

I am eagerly awaiting the second season. I just rewatched the first season and once again found myself stunned with the epic feel, the well-drawn characters and complex plotlines of the show. The first trailers for S2 look great. I am particularly excited to learn more about what lies north of the wall and of course I am anticipating Daenery's return to Westeros. And I am looking forward to Robb's march on King's Landing. S2 looks like it will be a thrilling ride.
                    Last edited by galathea; 06-02-12, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Something funny (and true)

I tried to watch Game of Thrones and this is what happened
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post

Heh. DVDs of Season 1 are out now.

And, of course, there's always the books.

As far as Season 2... it's hard to say how much they're including and how much they're pushing back. They seem to be rearranging just a little and are clearly giving Jaime Lannister (who only had ONE SCENE in the second book) and Robb Stark (who though he did lots of stuff it was always 'off screen' because he wasn't a POV character) more to do.

Jon Snow is going to be North of the Wall this season. I primarily remember two things about his Book II story 1).... I cannot possibly spoil about. 2) Was a love interest.

My favorite plots in Book II (which will be the bulk of Season 2... though again, they'll probably steal from III for Jaimie) were Tyrion's and Arya's stories.
                        ~Douglas Adams

Comment

So what did you guys think of the season 2 premiere? I thought it was awesome!

They jumped right into the action of the second book. Of course they had to cut some (of the not so exciting) stuff but I think the writers did a really good job establishing all the main characters' storylines for this season (apart from Renly but I guess that will be shown in the second episode) and of course introducing the new characters. I like the actress they cast for Melisandre, she has nice sinister touch about her. I cannot say much about Stannis yet but I would have liked to see more of his wife. I love that Robb Stark plays such a central role in the TV show, he is great! As is Jon Snow, although he did not have that much to do in this first ep. Craster and his turning his daughters into his wives is disgusting!

I liked how they shot Bran's wolf dream, I always thought that this is something that would work better on screen than in the book. Some of Jaime's sarcastic lines made me chuckle. I know he is a bad man but I cannot help but enjoy his scenes, the actor is doing a really good job. I loved Tyrion putting Cersei in her place, that was great!

Littlefinger was not very smart mocking Cersei with the incest thing. I wonder what the writers have in store for him this season.

Poor Sansa, her life is really crappy right now! Loved how the Hound came to her defence yet again though. Joffrey of course is as despicable as ever, I don't think that jerk has even one redeeming quality. He may just be my most TV show character ever! Kudos to the actor though, to inspire that much hate is quite the skill.

The last shot of Gendry and Arya (or rather Arry) on the kingsroad was great, I cannot wait to see that storyline unfold. I also liked the transitions between the different characters/storylines, that was cleverly done (e.g. Osha talking about the comet being an omen for dragons and then the cut to Dany and her dragons). So happy the show is back!

Comment

You pretty much summed up all my thoughts (although I did not read the books, I'm still trying to get into the first book.).

After all the things we saw last season I though I could handle nasty stuff but that guy who slept with his daughters (and granddaughters?) was even worse, I hope this will be the ultimate lowpoint of incest storylines. Ugh! And that prostitute who screamed too hard, that was a rather annoying transition between scenes, I didn't know how quickly I had to turn off the sound.

The new characters are still a bit new to me, not sure who they are and if I like them.

I think my favorite storylines are King's Landing, Jon Snow in the North and Ayra (glad the actress cut her hair, the wig was horrific) & Gendry.

Glad it's back.

Comment

Ok so I agree basically with what you guys said Except for the fact that I can´t seem to care about either Jon snow or Littlefinger. Too bad considering how

Jon Snow is seems so important.

Loved Tyrion he is the reason I kept watching in the first place and I still love him.

I loved his scene with Sansa at the beginning and the leaving Joff, completely stunned, btw Jack Gleeson, my new favourite actor lol. So what else, Loved seeing Dany and the fact that they put her in this not so great place I am wondering though whether Dany is going to stay good, someone on the forum mentioned this already and I am beginning to think that they were right.

Ok and a last positive point Carice van Houten (the actress who plays Malissandre) did a majorly god job, so much better then I was expecting, even the accent did not bother me at all. She seems to grasp the character well for now yey Dutch pride lol
                              Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
                              sigpic

Comment

Episode 2.02:

Wow they really move things along quickly on the show! But I guess it makes sense if they only have 10 episodes to cover events that span almost 1000 pages in the book. I love Tyrion, he was so badass when he got rid of evil Janos Slynt. And yay for Bronn being the commander of the goldcloaks, I did not see that one coming. I could have slapped Cersei when she blamed Tyrion for their mother's death. They are really making Cersei a more complicated character on the show who does have some vulnerabilities (such as her not knowing beforehand that Joffrey had ordered the execution of Robert's bastards). But then she says something cruel like the above to Tyrion and she is full blown evil Cersei again.

Arya and Gendry are awesome together, I love that Gendry is not fooled by her playing a boy and that he wanted to call her "my lady", etc. I also loved that they talked about Ned, that was lovely. Hot Pie really is not the sharpest tool in the shed though, is he?

Stannis and Melisandre, eww! That's an image I could have done without. Apparently Stannis' wife is not gonna play a role on the TV show, they seem to be focusing solely on Melisandre and Stannis.

I loved Theon's sister tricking him just as much as I did in the book. Balon Greyjoy is a big jerk (no surprise there).

Still no Renly! *pouts* Hopefully, Catelyn will have reached his camp in the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X