Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NspqGM0DbbQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQJs9V_3448
    Last edited by HowiMetdaSlayer; 12-01-19, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Premiere date is set: April 14th!

Comment

• Official trailer finally dropped!

Comment

• I like to watch this season.

Comment

• There's no 4.08 thread, so I'll post my thoughts on that episode here.

The Mountain and The Viper

You can really feel the Wildings getting closer now and what that means. I think the fear and worry of the Watch was done really well, and it's the first time I've been worried about what will happen, though this storyline seems to have been going on forever. Of course I can do without more Ygritte.

I knew Ramsay wouldn't let the soldiers live, but it was so horribly played out. Poor Theon, poor soldiers. Later, Ramsay kneeling before his father, looked like a complete psychopath. I hope he meets a very nasty end indeed.

Does Sansa actually like and trust Baelish? Or is this a new manipulation, a more grown up Sansa? She certainly looks more grown up. When Baelish said 'it's time for Robin to leave the nest' I bet every one of the audience was thinking 'and fly'.

Jorah was a spy! He does love her, he's come to love her, I'm sure of it. Where did that pardon come from? Dany has no other choice, I see that, but I feel so sorry for Jorah. He started as a spy but I am sure he's a true convert now. This has broken my heart a little bit and I really hope Jorah survives.

I had little to no interest in the fight, but Oberyn's death was very entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

4.09 - The Watchers On The Wall

I think 'I'm not a bleeding poet' is my favourite Jon line. Aemon talking to Sam about love was quite affecting, and then Sam hears Gillys voice. Their reunion was so sweet.

The battle was really well done, very brutal. I loved the soldiers hanging over the wall, to fight off the climbers before the reached to top. The giants and the mammoths were also pretty cool, especially the way the giant got through the gate. It was the last of Ygritte and I was pleased to see it, especially when she had to say her catch phrase.

Comment

• Oberyn's arrogance was his downfall, so determined to get everything he wanted when he was elated by his seeming success that he didn't just take his revenge quickly. It was an incredibly dramatic but horrifyingly violent ending that he could so easily have avoided if he'd just taken the win.

I find Sam really quite irritating and I've never worked out why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                Oberyn's arrogance was his downfall, so determined to get everything he wanted when he was elated by his seeming success that he didn't just take his revenge quickly. It was an incredibly dramatic but horrifyingly violent ending that he could so easily have avoided if he'd just taken the win.

I find Sam really quite irritating and I've never worked out why.
                Agree about Oberyn. It felt like he was playing to the crowd, wanting them to know exactly why he wanted to kill the Mountain and for them to feel guilty for the death of his sister. He should have just ended it. I was surprised he only lasted a couple of episodes, because I thought he was around for most of the season, but we didn't see much of him at all.

I don't mind Sam, he's that dull best friend to the hero type. He can't outshine Jon, but he has to bring something to the table. He's brave when needs be, but not showy and he's clever in his own way. Not one of my favourites, but I don't dislike him.

Comment

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48335099

Interesting article from the BBC about how much women speak on the show.

Comment

• To be fair women have 4 out of the top 7 spots for # of lines. Also no graph for women being bad ass? Cuz that would probably be a pretty high ratio wise.

Comment

• Nice Post Keep Posting Like This
                      Use These Amazon India Coupons

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48335099

Interesting article from the BBC about how much women speak on the show.
                        Sounds about right but do they examine it in comparison to the books? I wonder if someone quantified that.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                          Sounds about right but do they examine it in comparison to the books? I wonder if someone quantified that.
                          I imagine the ratio would be better for the books because so many of the POV characters are female (Dany, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, Cersei, Arianne, Asha...) but that's just me guessing.
                          Banner and avatar by Nina

Comment

• Originally posted by Ameer View Post
                            I imagine the ratio would be better for the books because so many of the POV characters are female (Dany, Catelyn, Sansa, Arya, Cersei, Arianne, Asha...) but that's just me guessing.
                            For the books, it wouldn't even make sense to make the same calculation - because characters in a book have a voice (and even more so) when we are reading their internal thoughts, than when they are speaking. For instance, there are many of Sansa's chapters where she doesn't speak that much because she's a prisoner and has to keep her real thoughts to herself, and what she says aloud are often just courtesies and empty/fake statements, but we are reading all those real thoughts that are often the opposite of what she says. The same is true of some of the male characters like Jon, whi is pretty introverted and other characters usually speak more than he does, but internal thoughts make up for it.
                            Non-POVs often talk more, because that's the only way for them to have a voice. For instance, in Davos' chapters, it's Stannis who probably has the most dialogue, followed by Melisandre, Lord Manderley and even Sallador Saan.
                            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• Anyone else gonna buy S8 dvd/blu ray?

Comment

• Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
                                Anyone else gonna buy S8 dvd/blu ray?
                                No But then I've not bought any of the previous seasons either. I liked the show, but it really wasn't great and I think in 10 years people will look back and wonder what they saw in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X