Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ringer" spoiler discussion (2/14/12 episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ringer" spoiler discussion (2/14/12 episode)

I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie or TV plot* more brazenly ripped off than I did tonight in "Ringer". That's not a complaint, mind you, since I actually enjoyed that plot, but holy crap are they serious? I wish they had just had the guts to name the Tessa characters Suzie and had done with it. I'm looking around for Kevin Bacon and Bill Murray to show up

*The movie it's ripping off is
    Spoiler:
    Wild Things, where Neve Campbell, Denise Richards, and Matt Dillon run the exact same false rape accusation/settlement con (what do you suppose they call it in "Leverage"-ese?) to force a settlement from Denise Richards rich mom that they would split.

As for the "A" plot, I find it a bit hard to buy that it doesn't seem to have yet occurred to Bridget that Siobhan -- who simply vanished -- isn't dead. Like, she walked right up to it, and then the light didn't go on. I love that we've got Ronald back for more than just the cameo. WTB Ryan Phillippe and Selma Blair appearances, maybe even some Christine Baranski.

Oh, and WTF at preview for next week --
    Spoiler:
    CAS!
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Really?
    Spoiler:
    Cas?
    I can`t waiting then to see him again. I miss him so much.
    sigpic
    maked by plamivasi

Comment

I'm really sorry to say but that show is getting worst in every episode. It's not so much that it has already turned into a soap, it's the fact that it uses the same plots that we have seen so many times already.

In the episode before the last one they put a fringe to Siobhan's sister and it was a little bit easier to understand who is who, but in the last episode miraculously the hair grew and she lost it and I really had a very hard time trying to understand who is who. Only after a while by the plot, not by Gellar's performance.

Last episode made a 0.3 and CW hasn't seen a 0.3 in a scripted show ever since The Beautiful Life 2-3 years ago which was canceled in 3-4 episodes (don't quite remember at the point what LUX did 2 years ago).

I keep on watching it when I don't have something else to do, but only because of Gellar, and it's a pity that she has waited so many years to come back with that show. Pity.

Comment

I agree with the bad comments this show is getting. I used to watch the show because it made me laugh so hard. It´s so absurd, so illogical that I had to laugh but this week didn´t make me laugh, it only made me realise that the show is bad going on worse.
        If the show is renewed (which I doubt it), I won´t watch a second season. I´m still gonna finish this season though.

Comment

With the episode of tonight - this show is now on total crash & burn - I was so excited about this when it first started - but with every week it got more nonsensical.

I'm sorry for Sarah Michelle Gellar and more for Ioan Gruffudd because he has always been one of my favorite actors. It now seems like little more than a vehicle for SMG show her beauty and to star in another TV show.
          sigpic

Comment

In the last episode - "You are way too pretty to go to jail " do you think that it is possible Andrew to be the killer ? I just don`t belive it. Plus, it will be way too obviously that it is the true. Someone else stays behind this. And I`m so sorry for Tylor. I like him. He was very cool, beautiful, sexy and he wasn`t bad person. I `ll miss him.
            sigpic
            maked by plamivasi

Comment

Originally posted by _Buffy_ View Post
              In the last episode - "You are way too pretty to go to jail " do you think that it is possible Andrew to be the killer ? I just don`t belive it. Plus, it will be way too obviously that it is the true. Someone else stays behind this. And I`m so sorry for Tylor. I like him. He was very cool, beautiful, sexy and he wasn`t bad person. I `ll miss him.
              No it wasn't Andrew, it was the woman that's working with him (dont remember her name, the brunette one). We saw her having the USB drive in her hands, the one that Siobhan told him not to lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by dina View Post
                No it wasn't Andrew, it was the woman that's working with him (dont remember her name, the brunette one). We saw her having the USB drive in her hands, the one that Siobhan told him not to lose it.

Her name is Olivia . And when you see that she has this USB ? After the scene in the car with Olivia and Tylor, when she told him .... " you are too pretty to go to jail .." I can`t rememeber to see Olivia till the end of episode
                sigpic
                maked by plamivasi

Comment

At the very end, Bridget finds the guy dead, she takes the taxi, phones and leaves a voice mail to Malcolm while he's talking to the FBI, then he starts preparing his bag, his phone rings and he picks it up, the scene changes and we see Olivia in a car having the USB drive in her hands, back to Malcolm who still looks at his phone, door knocks, he goes to open it and we see Andrew.

The 2 last minutes of the episode.

Comment

Thanks, I have to rewatch it . May be Olivia hires someone to kill Tylor.
                    sigpic
                    maked by plamivasi

Comment

Working...
                    X