Is anyone still watching Ringer?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone still watching Ringer?!

Can't help but notice that the threads for each episode of Ringer have vanished in the last couple of weeks. Is anyone out there still actually watching it? I am, and I'm find each episode as compelling as the next.

Living in the UK, I sometimes don't get to watch each new episode until Thursday or Friday so I'm quite surprised there hasn't been an episode thread started by the time I get round to watching it! Any reason for this?!

I don't think there is a reason... But of course I can't speak for the rest of us

I'm definitely watching Ringer, and the last 2 episodes had me on the edge of my seat! But I just don't really feel the need to post much about it. Maybe respond to others, but not start the episode thread
    Still, I'm loving it!

Comment

I watch Ringer - It's one crazy show with so many implausible plot developments but I quite enjoy it. I think that's why it doesn't get discussed much though, because if you start dissecting it would not really stand up to scrutiny to well

Comment

I don't watch... I tried to get invested in it but I just can't. I do send well wishes to SMG though and I hope the show does well for her.

Comment

Oh heck yeah I still watch Ringer! It`s so compelling and fun, how could you not? Check my poll on your fav. Ringer character if you want proof :P
          Member of the BuffyForums Welcoming Commitee

Click my DragonCave eggs please! http://dragcave.net/user/Arya_the_elven_lady

Copy the to your sig!

Comment

I'm watching, but I'm not that compelled to post
            But I like it, and I am intrigued enough to keep watching each week

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquillity View Post
              I watch Ringer - It's one crazy show with so many implausible plot developments but I quite enjoy it. I think that's why it doesn't get discussed much though, because if you start dissecting it would not really stand up to scrutiny to well
              I agree that no episode should be ever overly dissected!

Some people on other forums do that and analyse every spoken word, every action, every character motivation down to the minutest detail. I prefer to read people's general thoughts on an episode, whether it was good, bad or other viewpoints.

I don't necessarily need to have an episode thread to comment on, I just thought it weird that after every episode the amount of posts had dropped week by week and then altogether, so that's why I asked.....

Comment

Originally posted by Veverka View Post
                I'm watching, but I'm not that compelled to post
                But I like it, and I am intrigued enough to keep watching each week
                Yes , me, too.

For example, I also watch Supernatural, The Vampire diaries , Nikita, Merlin, but I just don`t have something to posting about .
                sigpic
                maked by plamivasi

Comment

I'm still watching Ringer. I had high hopes for it, but it's not as strong as I hoped. I'm still watching it every week though. It's strangely addictive nonetheless.
                  .Forever, That's The Whole Point...

Comment

I watch, but, like everyone else has said, I don't feel the need tro post about it. It's good, I'm interested in the story, but it's not up with with the likes of BtVS or Supernatural that I NEED to talk about the latest ep.
                    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I very nearly stopped watching. The first few eps just didn't hook me like I was hoping they would. However, it was already "season passed" on my DVR, so I watched the eps recorded and I am still watching.

I haven't posted because I feel the show hasn't decided what it really is or which direction they are going. And a post consisting entirely of "WTH?!" is not only spam, but not long enough for the board!

SMG is awesome, as always, but isn't being stretched by her roles so far. I just don't feel invested in the characters like I thought I would be.

Hence, the no posting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post

SMG is awesome, as always, but isn't being stretched by her roles so far. I just don't feel invested in the characters like I thought I would be.

Hence, the no posting.
                        I think I agree with this. I thought it was going to be some big drama, but so far, the duo roles haven't really impacted much of the show. I'm only watching in the UK, so I'm still a few eps behind, but so far, for me, it's like Cinderela said, she's not being stretched by the roles like I thought she would be.

She's great, and the rest of the cast are doing some stellar work, but the show just doesn't seem to be as dramatic as I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyri View Post
                          I think I agree with this. I thought it was going to be some big drama, but so far, the duo roles haven't really impacted much of the show. I'm only watching in the UK, so I'm still a few eps behind, but so far, for me, it's like Cinderela said, she's not being stretched by the roles like I thought she would be.

She's great, and the rest of the cast are doing some stellar work, but the show just doesn't seem to be as dramatic as I thought it was going to be.
                          IMHO, the show would be immensely improved and very compelling if the focus was on the "twins", with fewer "peripheral" characters. Clearly, Siobhan set up Bridget as the "fall guy" for some plan she hatched..............if the show would only focus more on that, I would be addicted.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderela View Post
                            IMHO, the show would be immensely improved and very compelling if the focus was on the "twins", with fewer "peripheral" characters. Clearly, Siobhan set up Bridget as the "fall guy" for some plan she hatched..............if the show would only focus more on that, I would be addicted.
                            Yeah, there are a lot of sideline characters that seem to distract from the main storyline of Siobhan setting Bridget up. From what I've seen so far, Siobhan's sort of getting forgotten about in favor of Bridget and what's going on with Juliet and Gemma. I'd rather there was more time spent on Siobhan and why she's doing what she's doing.

Oh, and the pregnancy agnle really needs to be cleared up.

Comment

I like that we havnt seen much about Siobhan yet, its sure adding to the suspense of the show. They could have another whole season to show us the back story of the sisters and why siobhan is doing what shes doing.

plus more ringer on tv...yay haha

I cant believe the ending of last nights episode, why do they do that and leave us sitting on the edge of our seats. hope malcolm finds gemma!
                              And olivia knows about the affair now. uh oh!
                              B R U T A L A F F E C T I O N

Comment

Working...
                              X