Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing Eve

Had anyone else seen this little gem?

Yes watched it a while ago, but it's just showing on the BBC now. It's really good

Comment

Me & Tricky watched the pilot. Then me & a friend watched the rest later. ♥ every minute!

Comment

I though Villanelle got away far too easily, but apart from that, it was very good.

Comment

Yeah, she was only stabbed!

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
            Yeah, she was only stabbed!
            Spoiler:
            She murdered David Haigs character, Eve's best friend, that's what I meant. She should be punished for that in some way

I'm having a bad day, I put 'img' instead of 'spoiler', but changed it now

Comment

Priceless
              Think she did just a little more than that.

Comment

Killing Eve is now out on dvd. Get yer copy now!

Comment

Killing Eve has been renewed for a 3rd season just one day after the S2 premiere! Will have yet another new show runner...
                  Curiously, the third season will have a brand new showrunner, even though a new showrunner just stepped into season 2. This is a design, not a flaw, though, with the plan being to pass the series to a new female writer every season.
                  Interesting concept. I'm glad the original/creator is sticking round as producer, tho. What did you all think of the premiere?

Comment

I began watching a few weeks ago, am half-way through
                    the second season, am absolutely in love:

I generally despise serial killer shows, as they tend to be
                    all about tedious conceptions of agency, power, and mastery,
                    all of them quite patriarchal—

(Hence my inability to get through the third season of Jessica
                    Jones
                    (the second having been hard enough...)

But Villanelle is not a serial killer in that sense, given to the
                    art of death-giving though she be—

And the relation between Villanelle and Eve, the interplay of
                    desire, power, love... the radical acentering of subjectivity...

I confess surprise over the lack of the show's mention here—

I am far, far from working it out, but between this show
                    and BtVS, Buffy herself—

The relation is thickly tangled, beautifully complex—

If anyone has thought about this, would love to hear....

Comment

I watched the first two seasons and really enjoyed the show. Both Villanelle and Eve are complicated and intriguing characters. Their responses to each other but especially Eve's responses to herself, her own actions and choices, were fascinating to watch. I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

I have to give a huge amount of kudos to Jodie Comer. Just from this show she is an actress I would readily watch anything of. I was less enamoured with Sandra Oh's performance (I preferred her in Grey's Anatomy), but that could be in part because Jodie C just steals every single scene she is in. I don't love it like I do BtVS because I don't care about the characters in the same way, but it is as SoS says, beautifully complex.

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
                        Me & Tricky watched the pilot. Then me & a friend watched the rest later. ♥ every minute!
                        Oh yeah forgot we watched the pilot together. Memories!

I like what they've done with having a different show runner for all each season. Plus making it a female each time since its such a feminist show. Loved both seasons so far. Heard the other day its already been renewed for a 4th season.

Comment

Loved the first season, but as the seasons have continued the story has become thinner and thinner and I've sort of lost interest. The performances have all been first rate, but Sandra Oh's less flashy performance was what kept me watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Trick View Post
                            Oh yeah forgot we watched the pilot together. Memories!

I like what they've done with having a different show runner for all each season. Plus making it a female each time since its such a feminist show. Loved both seasons so far. Heard the other day its already been renewed for a 4th season.
                            Thanks Tricky!
                            While I like the concept, since S2 wasn't quite up to S1 standards. I'm hoping that S3 showrunner will be more up to the task.
                            Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Loved the first season, but as the seasons have continued the story has become thinner and thinner and I've sort of lost interest. The performances have all been first rate, but Sandra Oh's less flashy performance was what kept me watching.
                            Agree mostly with this. I'm hoping S3 will be better!

Comment

Disagree actually. I thought S2 was probably as good as S1 just that they went in a slightly different direction. If it was a step down it wasn't such a big one that it ruined my enjoyment of the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X