No announcement yet.

The Handmaids Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said, I found the book grim. I'm still avoiding the TV series like the plague.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm watching Season 3 but I'm taking it really slow. It's been really good so far. Having not read the novel, I always question their ability to get the plot going without it being boring and I am being stood corrected each season.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

I've just watched episode 9 which I thought was an amazing episode. Some of this season's episodes have been all over the place and verging on the ridiculous, so I'd say it's a very mixed season.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I've just watched episode 9 which I thought was an amazing episode. Some of this season's episodes have been all over the place and verging on the ridiculous, so I'd say it's a very mixed season.
          I've seen about a half of it and they always take it slow. The season finale is what reels me in each time so we'll see.

Click for art and tomfooleries

Comment

I just finished Alias Grace . It is also based on an Atwood book. It's only 6 episodes but I really liked it. It has a feminist perspective but doesn't feel as dark as the handmaids tale, maybe because it is set in the past rather than the future

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

S3 was a bit of a step down for me. I liked the finale a lot. But the middle part of the season dragged and felt a bit been there done that. I know that June is the show's title character, but I think it would benefit from ending her story. I think there's more interesting thing to be done with the other characters (Emily and the stuff in Canada etc..).

Writing, directing and acting wise this has been one of the best series of the last decade. I feel it might have peaked though.

Comment

Working...
              X