Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Looks pretty ****ing badass
    Spoiler:
    . After GOTG Marvel can do no wrong... well except if they don't make a Squadron Supreme movie, then I'll be righteously pissed.

Of course Joss included a ballet shot!

Ultron looks and sounds great!

Scarlet Witch visually reminds me of the one from the X-Men:Evolution cartoon.

Age of Marvel. Honestly, they are booming right now and they have enough creative talent and brains to possibly last the rest of the decade in blockbuster live action films.

Comment

The trailer looks great.

Comment

The ballet shot is probably because of Black Widow -- she does have a past as a ballerina in the comics.

A Squadron Supreme movie would be extremely unlikely, since they're analogues of DC's Justice League (and as such are usually used in ways to comment on how DC handles their characters, and usually not in ways that are particularly flattering).

Who's the man in the trailer with the chin beard but no sideburns (shows up right after the sweeping shot of the grounded boats)?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippcomet View Post
          The ballet shot is probably because of Black Widow -- she does have a past as a ballerina in the comics.

A Squadron Supreme movie would be extremely unlikely, since they're analogues of DC's Justice League (and as such are usually used in ways to comment on how DC handles their characters, and usually not in ways that are particularly flattering).

Who's the man in the trailer with the chin beard but no sideburns (shows up right after the sweeping shot of the grounded boats)?
          The actor is Andy Serkis. We don't know who he's playing but the popular guess now is Klaw, a foe of Black Panther.

Comment

And that trailer right there demonstrates that there are perks to being owned by Disney -- you probably didn't have to pay to use that song

I still choose to interpret the casting of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as its own stand-alone shout-out to the Ultimates version who are the Jaime/Cersei of Marvel, since Johnson and Olsen just played a couple in "Godzilla".

Legitimate concerns that this movie will be too crowded, character-wise, though. Between those two, and Vision, and I guess Black Panther?
            sigpic
            Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post

Legitimate concerns that this movie will be too crowded, character-wise, though. Between those two, and Vision, and I guess Black Panther?
              They might just name drop him like they did with Doctor Strange in Cap 2. Or mention Wakanda or vibranium to set it up for the future. Ultron could even be made out of vibranium.

Comment

Popular opinion is that after Cap's shield is broken they head to Wakanda and have it repaired or remade and T'Challa is there.
                Last edited by ChaddyMan1; 25-10-14, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Wow! The trailer looks great and I am loving the casting (Olsen is a pretty good actress considerings her sisters) and Johnson is a good actor as well but always came across as such a douche in interviews I've read of him.

I'm more excited about this one than I did with the first. What I love about Joss is his work needs the time to bloom (Buffy took 1 and a half seasons to get really good and so did Angel) so I'm sure the second movie will be even better than the first!

But apart of me will always hope that Joss will drop marvel and push to work on that Terminator remake. I think he's perfect for that job.
                  My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

Comment

Terminator remake? I haven´t heard that one.

Okay, about the trailer: let me start by saying that the first scene where they´re all together, that´s classic Joss. Second, I didn´t like the trailer very much but I remember not liking the trailer for the first Avengers and totally loving the movie.

Comment

Anyone else been following this backlash against Joss? It's astounding how some of the fandom's opinion regarding him has changed overnight.

Originally posted by ChaddyMan1 View Post
                      Looks pretty ****ing badass
                      Spoiler:
                      . After GOTG Marvel can do no wrong... well except if they don't make a Squadron Supreme movie, then I'll be righteously pissed.
                      That will never happen, they're too similar to Justice League and there are many other properties that would deserve a movie first. I don't see much of a point besides trying to screw up with DC.

Comment

I have followed the backlash -- which I find entirely irrational. It's like the whole world drank whatever taint that the "Joss is a rapist" livejournal blogger wrote some years back did. The whole rant about Tony's prima noctae crack is just asinine. It was entirely in character, and if you just apply some brain cells to it, you know Tony's mental image of that scenario is "brides around the world willingly coming to his bed, spending the night in the throws of willing passion, then returning to their husbands saying "oh honey it was horrible" while trying not to smile", and not him actually raping every newly married woman in the world. FFS people.

And the next reasonable complaint about Black Widow's depiction in either of these movies will be the first. Joss has, in both films, gone out of his way to make sure she was a major player precisely because of the lack of available female powerhouses and the importance he places on strong female characters in genre fiction... it's just not good enough, anymore. Someone tweeting to him "have you ever heard of strong female characters?" is high in the running or dumbest thing ever said on the internet.
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

* There's a backlash against Joss Whedon. It seems mostly that many didn't totally like The Avengers: Age of Ultron but most of those who didn't consider 'studio meddling' to be the reason why the movie wasn't better. And some know that Joss's preferred cut was around 3.5 hours and we may get to eventually see that cut.

I knew this movie was likely not going to be as good as the first one. There were even more characters and I heard a lot about the studio meddling. It's perhaps likely that Joss wants to do something else inside of spending years working on a movie that's only slightly actually 'his' movie.

* Regarding the strong female characters thing, I remember that Joss wanted The Wasp instead of Black Widow in the first Avengers movie. But he managed to actually make her useful to The Avengers. He managed to do the same in The Avengers: Age of Ultron .

And in Age of Ultron , given what Joss had to work with, Scarlett Witch is done well.

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
                            Terminator remake? I haven´t heard that one.

Okay, about the trailer: let me start by saying that the first scene where they´re all together, that´s classic Joss. Second, I didn´t like the trailer very much but I remember not liking the trailer for the first Avengers and totally loving the movie.
                            Another Terminator ... and he found his European accent again! That's right, her cannot run for president of the United States. Poke poke, do you know a nice retirement community in Portugal for him?

Comment

Not as good as part 1 and IMO also not as good AoS S2 finale. But great with the action, of course. The funnies where somewhat dissapointing though.

Comment

Working...
                              X