"G.H." (Spoilers for SHIELD 1.14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "G.H." (Spoilers for SHIELD 1.14)

I just wanted to ask the comics savvy people about "G.H." from the latest episode. Who/what was the being Coulson found in that tank?

For a moment I thought it was a Jotun (and nearly had a heart attack), then realized he didn't have the markings on his skin and his head was shaped differently. But I'm still curious whether it is a reference to an existing comic canon, or something new Joss created?

My only knowledge about Marvel universe comes from the movies, so.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

GH is another term they invented for the show. There keeping comics fans in the dark as well. A few people I know are more into the comics then me and their in the dark about the mysteries of the show as well. For the record, I'm currently reading All-New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis and New Avengers, by Johnathan Hickman both of which are great.

From what I've seen the theories are:

It's an Atleantean and they are using it's blood to heal people. And this could bring their King Namor into the movies.

It's a Kree, another type of alien that has a lot of history in the comics and ties to the Inhumans. And they are also tied the origin of
    Spoiler:
    Ms. Marvel
    which is who some people think Skye will become.

It's an Inhuman. (This is also a theory for why Skye is an 084).

My basic knowledge of the Inhumans I may be wrong in some parts, but in general:
    Spoiler:
    At the dawn of time the Kree came to Earth and experimented on part of humanity to create weapons. This failed and the Kree abandoned their test subjects on Earth. These Inhumans had futuristic technology while we were still in the cavemen stage. They live in the mobile hidden city of Attilan. At age 16 Inhumans are exposed to Terrigen Mist which wraps them in a cocoon for a few days to be given their powers but this may also cause deformities, their is no way of predicting exactly what will happen to you. Once you have your powers your role in society is determined and that is what you are expected to be for the rest of your life.

The Inhumans are ruled by a Royal Family, some good, some evil. The King is Black Bolt, whose voice is so powerful the sonic waves can destroy buildings if he just opens his mouth once. Because of this he does not speak but relies on body language and his wife Medusa to translate for him. Medusa has some kind of telepathic power related to her very long hair so she can mentally communicate with her husband.

In the comics recently the Inhuman population exploded when
    Spoiler:
    Attilan was destroyed and Black Bolt is assumed dead while the Mist was unleashed on the planet activating the powers of many people who had Inhuman ancestors, now the Royal Family is split up each trying to gather enough new Inhumans to claim the throne.
    One of these new Inhumans is a Muslim teenager who is getting her own
    Spoiler:
    Ms. Marvel
    book. Some are guessing this push in the comics means the Inhumans are coming to the screen soon.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 06-03-14, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Late to this party, but I assumed it was a frost giant, with the blueness. It's also a more exciting idea than some of the other aliens... because if you've got *good* (or neutral) alien blood in you, where's the menace in that? Kree could work too, though.

Btw my mind kept flashing to Buffy's "aspect of the demon" fears in Earshot. Kept picturing Coulson and Skye growing...appendages

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
        Late to this party, but I assumed it was a frost giant, with the blueness. It's also a more exciting idea than some of the other aliens... because if you've got *good* (or neutral) alien blood in you, where's the menace in that? Kree could work too, though.

Btw my mind kept flashing to Buffy's "aspect of the demon" fears in Earshot. Kept picturing Coulson and Skye growing...appendages
        Well, now that we've seen the whole season I'm betting on Kree for the alien but Inhuman for Skye. How exactly Garret and Coulson fit into this with alien blood in them I am not sure. The fact that Guardians of the Galaxy has
        Spoiler:
        Ronan as a major villain and he is Kree,
        just makes me think Kree are involved in SHIELD's story.

Comment

Working...
        X