No announcement yet.

Actors' Shares and Tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather love that Alyson Hannigan has weighed in on the shipping discussion, as Stoney mentioned.

I still prefer Tara, but it would make more sense than Kennedy.

Comment

Glad to see that Ms Hannigan is among the glorious wiffy master race.

Comment

Looks like SMG has commented as well

https://m.imgur.com/a/aFUV6Oa

Comment

• Stoney
          Stoney commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, SMG! I just love that Stacey Abrams love of the show has brought Joss and so many cast members out to dole out the love too.

Sarah's always been massively invested in Bangel - she's an intelligent woman but sorry I'm with Stacey.

Comment

I can't say I agree with Stacey but I love the enthusiasm of all the cast and their giddiness at her being such a fan. It's awesome she's such a BtVS nerd I also thought it was funny that the cast had such a variety of opinions (some genuine and some I suspect were just being silly) as it really reflected fandom in a way.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I agree with the general gist of her point and can't deny I loved seeing Joss' tweet. But still, the main enjoyment in all of this very much has come from seeing everyone coming together in a positive/lighthearted way and sharing love for the show and pleasure at Stacey Abrams' being a fan. I agree some of it has been quite deliberately jovial too. It's been a much needed moment of light relief in current times that are so very often serious and stressful.

The lack of slinging insults at each other/or disparaging comments about the other points of view is pleasantly, and thankfully, different from the way fandom tends to lean when shipping comes up.

Comment

This New York Vulture article on the whole Stacey Abrams tweet quotes ones from Danny Strong, Tom Lenk and Adam Busch that we missed too.

Comment

I actually missed Alyson tweeting this yesterday and saw it this morning from Charisma's retweet with her, "Weeee bayyyybeees!" with it.

Comment

A bit more unusual, I picked up these tweets this morning from J. August Richards and Tom Lenk...

Comment

Here's a link to the tweet, if you want to watch the vid.

Comment

David Boreanaz has jumped into the Angel or Spike Stacey Abrams debate.
                      I still find it amazing that for shows that ended in 2003 and 2004, in 2020 people are still having this debate and its still talked about and still news

https://www.thewrap.com/buffy-david-...abrams-debate/
                      Last edited by BtVS fan; 02-12-20, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I don't know if he's joking, but that makes no sense. According to him, he is not married to his true love. It's like a statement from a high-schooler trying to say something edgy, but fails to do so.

Comment

I do think the idea of only one true love is an odd thing to believe. That what you feel once is fundamentally unable to be surpassed. But I do also think your first love has a specific place that nothing else is quite the same as. But different can also be better. As it is, what he has said doesn't actually address what Stacey Abrams tweeted. His answer reads as one to the old Angel vs Spike question like it is a competition. Stacey Abrams was actually talking about both of them being right for Buffy at different stages in her life. To take his response as being directed at that is saying that Buffy's needs could never change or be better met by someone else. Forcing a stasis on the characters contradicts the show so much, it is that aspect of the one true love that I always struggle with.

Comment

It does sound a bit flippant the way he phrased it. I mean - if he had said Angel and Buffy were an exceptional, grand, or true love, because that would be one thing. But to say theirs is a true love because it's the first love (which is only true for Buffy anyway because Angel loved Darla before he loved Buffy) that sounds almost childish. As if was saying "I got there first! I got there first!."

Not that I believe in one true love anyway. It's why I am Team Spuffy

flow

Comment

There is this mindset about it, like Buffy is ruined for anyone else, because Angel was her first love and she lost virginity to him, and now she should pine for him forever. It's a dangerous way of thinking about what love really is.

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
                                David Boreanaz has jumped into the Angel or Spike Stacey Abrams debate.
                                I still find it amazing that for shows that ended in 2003 and 2004, in 2020 people are still having this debate and its still talked about and still news

https://www.thewrap.com/buffy-david-...abrams-debate/
                                Bit rich coming as It does from an actor who's cheated countless times on his wife. But hey, ho the Bangel base on Twitter ate it up and started the old 'It's Bangel or nothing crap'. God It was like going back in time 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post

Bit rich coming as It does from an actor who's cheated countless times on his wife. But hey, ho the Bangel base on Twitter ate it up and started the old 'It's Bangel or nothing crap'. God It was like going back in time 15 years.
                                  Not just his current wife either. If rumours are true he cheated on his first wife (first love ?) with SMG which got them divorced

Comment

Seems like Aly 2.0 where an actor makes a joke and people take it seriously.

Comment

• Stoney
                                      Stoney commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It certainly could have been meant in a jovial way.

Charisma's holding some virtual meets/greets...

Comment

Bangel relationship:

Innocence: I, I don't understand. Was it m-me? Was I not good?

Chosen: And the guy thing— I always feared there was something wrong with me, you know, because I couldn't make it work.
                                      My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Comment

Working...
                                      X