Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMG wears Prophecy Girl dress

Hey guys,

I thought I'd share SMG's most recent Instagram pics where she reveals she is in possession of Buffy's iconic dress from Prophecy Girl;

The jacket isn't the original but she has confirmed this is the actual dress. Very cool that she's had it all these years and decided to share! A bit of trivia I have certainly never heard before.

Mogs

~ Banner by Nina ~

She looks great! I love that she occasionally posts Buffy related content.

I am a bit surprised she kept the dress though if I'm honest.

Comment

• vampmogs
      vampmogs commented
      Editing a comment
      She revealed way back that she also has one of Buffy's stakes (I believe it's the one from all the S1 promo images) and that she's kept it by her bedside in her draw ever since the show was on the air.

She may be dead, but she's still pretty.
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Wow! I wish I could still wear things I had in my teens!!

Great pics and a really fun fact to learn, thanks for sharing Mogs.

Comment

Nice! I never noticed the bottom part of that dress being sheer fabric. Or the big split. I guess I need to rewatch Prophecy Girl!
        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I love the fact that she kept the dress for more than twenty years.

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I also remember her saying some time ago that she has kept one of Buffy's stakes (I believe it's the stake you see her holding in all of the S1 promo images) and that she has kept it in a small case by her bedside ever since the series was on the air and to this day. Very cool

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

She actually wore a very similar dress or maybe even the same dress to the 1995 Emmy Awards. Does anyone know if it is the same dress or if the prophecy Girl dress was modeled after her dress or if it is just a coincidence?

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Apparently the Prophecy Girl dress was modelled after that prom dress in your photo. I don't know, several people asked her in the Instagram comments if that's the exact dress from the show and she said it was. Another asked her if she can model other Buffy outfits from the show and she responded by stating that this dress is the only one she kept. So either it's the actual dress or she's remembering slightly wrong.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

I think she's wearing the dress she wore to the NBC event actually? I know she said it's from Buffy, but maybe got it mixed up since it's been 25 years. The Emmy dress has a pattern bodice whereas the dress in Prophecy Girl is shiny satin fabric. If you zoom into the Instagram pic, you can see the circular patterns in the fabric - it's not smooth and shiny. The patterns in the bodice resemble the Emmy dress.

Seriously, zoom in as much as possible and you can see how the bodices look different. Honestly, it makes sense to me that she would have the dress she wore to win her Emmy still in her closet as that's a huge personal achievement and big night for her career. I think it's easily confused with the Prophecy Girl dress.

Buffy Prophecy Girl.png
                  sigpic

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Comment

Very cool she shared that Definitely still pretty.

Comment

Working...
                  X