Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Luke Perry Has Died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Perry Has Died.

Luke Perry who played Buffy's love interest Pike in the Buffy movie passed away today after suffering a major stroke last week.

https://tvline.com/2019/03/04/luke-p...iverdale-dead/

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that.

Comment

He also did When Harry Met Sally in London with Alyson Hannigan. Dude was the real deal. Rest in peace.

Comment

Really glad this news merited attention here. I actually really like Luke Perry, he was sorry of where my idea of what "cool" was shifted after wishing I were Christian Slater I really liked Pike. I thought he and Kristy had great chemistry. I kinda hope BOOM puts a shout out in their 3rd issue. Rest in peace.
        sigpic
        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Oh no, I had heard that he had suffered from a stroke, but was confident he would recovcer. This is unexpected and tragic. I am so sorry. I will always remember him as Dylan from Beverly Hills 90210, but I actually saw some pics from the Buffy movie with him a couple of days ago in a thread here on the forum.

Rest in peace, Luke Perry.

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

I remember when the Buffy movie came out in 92 and there was a lot of hype over him being in it and it being his first big lead role in a movie.This was at the height of his popularity with 90210.

I don't watch it but I know recently he's been on the show Riverdale.And he has a role in the new Quentin Tarantino film,Once upon A Time In Hollywood that comes out this summer.

Comment

Just seen the news. So very sad, and so young. Thoughts with his friends and family.

Comment

Whedon's statement on Twitter: https://twitter.com/joss/status/1102631989021011968

Condolences to his family and friends. And Fox had just announced a 90210 summer reboot at well...

ETA: First Buffy Kristy Swanson's statement: https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/...57320234831872

Comment

Very sad. I knew him as Pike but of course you couldn’t ever look at him without immediately thinking of Dylan from “90210.” Definitely a huge icon for his generation and the epitome of what it meant to be cool. An end of an era and gone far too soon. RIP.

Also, interesting tidbit; SMG has just revealed on her Instagram that she was a huge fan and that she used to beg the writers to have Luke appear on the show and reprise his role as Pike
                  Last edited by vampmogs; 04-03-19, 09:49 PM.
                  - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                    Very sad. I knew him as Pike but of course you couldn’t ever look at him without immediately thinking of Dylan from “90210.” Definitely a huge icon for his generation and the epitome of what it meant to be cool. An end of an era and gone far too soon. RIP.

Also, interesting tidbit; SMG has just revealed on her Instagram that she was a huge fan and that she used to beg the writers to have Luke appear on the show and reprise his role as Pike
                    I knew him as Pike and for his very solid cameo in "The Fifth Element". That's sweet that SMG wanted him on the show, although I'm guessing by 1997-1998 having Luke Perry walk onto your show as an old flame would be pretty great lol.
                    sigpic
                    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Really does suck. I actually liked his Riverdale character a lot. Always thought of him as a young guy. Strange that he was only a few years younger than me. Also unfair to die so young. Seemed like he had much more left to do, and I am sure much, much more life his family wished he would be there for.

RIP. Condolences to his loved ones.

Havent watched the movie in a while... (Lights a candle for him and Carmen Argenziano)

Comment

I wasn't a fan of "90210" when I went to see the original "Buffy" movie all those years ago, so knowing that Luke Perry, one of that show's cast, was going to be in it had me hoping that he wouldn't suck too much. By the time I walked out of the theatre, I was not only very pleasantly surprised by his performance, I thought he was by far one of the best things about the movie. When I finally tuned into the show late in the first season ("Out of Mind, Out of Sight"), I was unhappily surprised to find that his character was not in this new version.

He also had a decent career as a voice-over actor in animation. He was the voice of Rick Jones on UPN's mid-90's "Incredible Hulk" cartoon on Sundays (back in the days when both UPN and WB had weekend animation blocks), among others.

Rest in peace, Mr. Perry.

Comment

Working...
                        X