Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

SMG's Super Bowl Advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMG's Super Bowl Advert

As you've probably heard, SMG has done an advert for Olay, to be shown during the Super Bowl (big thing in America so I hear)

I've not heard about that before. It's a bit of a strange product match up to be honest, I find the ad really weird.

Comment

I liked it but only because when it finished playing YouTube suggested I watch "12 Man U comebacks that shocked the world". So I did and, TBH, they were more enjoyable comebacks than SMG! Super Bowl is not football - it's Rugby with more clothes.
      Last edited by TriBel; 29-01-19, 01:03 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        I've not heard about that before. It's a bit of a strange product match up to be honest, I find the ad really weird.
        Yeah, I could understand If they were riffing off Buffy, but this?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
          Yeah, I could understand If they were riffing off Buffy, but this?
          I thought they were riffing off Buffy - but badly. Sorta "playing all the right notes but not in the right order".
          sigpic

Comment

https://www.theloop.ca/sarah-michell...ke-you-scream/

The commercial is tied to scream and I know what you did last summer not buffy.
            ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

And still the triad of Super Bowl, Horror film, Olay is terrible no matter how you angle it.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* The actually important and relevant thing is SMG/P is still famous and relevant enough to be paid likely millions of dollars to do a Super Bowl commercial.

* Christy Turlington became a Maybelline model again--not sure if she still is--and it'd be nice for SMG/P to be a Maybelline model again.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                  https://www.theloop.ca/sarah-michell...ke-you-scream/

The commercial is tied to scream and I know what you did last summer not buffy.
                  Hey...what do I know? I'm eating spread cheese and crisp butties. That tells you all you need to know about my tastes.
                  sigpic

Comment

I Still Don't Care What You Did Last Winter - starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prinze Jr, that guy who played Shaggy on Scooby Doo, that guy who played Stifler on American Pie & a bunch of other people we can't remember the names of...playing on HallMark channel right before the Super Bowl, at half time and an encore showing right after the big game! Don't miss the movie that will have everyone at the office asking: wait they're still acting?
                    Last edited by HowiMetdaSlayer; 29-01-19, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
                      I Still Don't Care What You Did Last Winter - starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prinze Jr, that guy who played Shaggy on Scooby Doo, that guy who played Stifler on American Pie & a bunch of other people we can't remember the names of...playing on HallMark channel right before the Super Bowl, at half time and an encore showing right after the big game! DOn't miss the movie that will have everyone at the office asking: wait they're still acting?
                      One question: Why?
                      sigpic

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

I Still Don't Care What You Did Last Winter - starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Freddie Prinze Jr, that guy who played Shaggy on Scooby Doo, that guy who played Stifler on American Pie & a bunch of other people we can't remember the names of...playing on HallMark channel right before the Super Bowl, at half time and an encore showing right after the big game! Don't miss the movie that will have everyone at the office asking: wait they're still acting?
                        SMG/P got a Super Bowl commercial. Maybe you don't realize how big a deal that is?

I never considered "has been" to be much of an insult given a tiny percentage of people have EVER 'been someone'.

All those people you list are multimillionaires and SMG, JLH, and FPJ are all worst 8-figures each.

Comment

Was a parody of her past movies, and I guess a bit of all of their status, er lack thereof. Yer all taking that way too seriously. Supposed to be a joke. Overreact much?

Comment

I had to google Olay, because I never have heard of it. I found out, why I have never heard of it. It goes by the name of Olaz in Germany. Isn`t that kinda weird?

Why would they call it Olay in the US and Olaz in Germany? Just think of all the extra costs for extra logo`s and so on. And what about corporate identity? Also, Olay actually sounds even nicer.

flow

- - - Updated - - -

I just told my hubby about this and he also hadn`t heard of Olay before, but he instantly pointed out to me that the z and the y switch places on the German keyboard and the american keyboard.

Is this the reals reason? Someone made a typo and they have been sweeping it under the rug for decades?

flow
                            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Hey! His name is Matthew Lillard and he was the best thing about the Scooby-Doo movies. His portrayal of Shaggy was PERFECTION. Show some respect

Originally posted by MikeB
                              I never considered "has been" to be much of an insult given a tiny percentage of people have EVER 'been someone'.

All those people you list are multimillionaires and SMG, JLH, and FPJ are all worst 8-figures each.
                              I agree. While HowiMetdaSlayer was just joking, it's always been a pet peeve of mine when people career-shame actors. I just find it kind of weird because I always want to ask those people: well, what do YOU do for a living? Even though SMG's post-"Buffy" career hasn't been the best, I do not feel the least bit sorry for her. She's a cultural icon with more money than most will ever see in their lifetime. A lot of people would kill to have the career she's had.

Comment

Working...
                              X