Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's "Runaways" with James Marsters set to premiere on Hulu on Nov. 21, 2017.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I've not managed to watch The Gifted, but friends tell me it's good. Is it too much of of a teen show, or have they got the balance between adult and teen characters just right? I am enjoying Runaways because it isn't centred totally on the teens, and in fact the adults, imo, are much more well rounded and interesting
    There's only two main teens (Andy/Lauren) and a reoccurring third (Wes). The next youngest is Blink whom is about 21-25. Our other 3 main mutants (Eclipse, Polaris, Thunderbird) are slightly older. Amy's character, her husband and a few of the antagonists are the oldest-ranging from mid 30s-50s. There's one teen romance but it's as eye-rolling to everyone else as it is to the audience. Amy is dragged down somewhat by being one of the few still trying to cling to a "Normal Life" which is doomed on S1 of a show about mutants; but even then she uses medical training and is fairly reasonable about letting her kids get trained and help with their powers. They also told us why the family is Special about halfway through so her reluctance to have her kids in the field more does have context-though you know eventually they're going to unleash. There's also a fairly strong setup for next season already in place with quite a faithful comic adaption, some spoilers obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOOk1cy9ww

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by DanSlayer View Post
      There's only two main teens (Andy/Lauren) and a reoccurring third (Wes). The next youngest is Blink whom is about 21-25. Our other 3 main mutants (Eclipse, Polaris, Thunderbird) are slightly older. Amy's character, her husband and a few of the antagonists are the oldest-ranging from mid 30s-50s. There's one teen romance but it's as eye-rolling to everyone else as it is to the audience. Amy is dragged down somewhat by being one of the few still trying to cling to a "Normal Life" which is doomed on S1 of a show about mutants; but even then she uses medical training and is fairly reasonable about letting her kids get trained and help with their powers. They also told us why the family is Special about halfway through so her reluctance to have her kids in the field more does have context-though you know eventually they're going to unleash. There's also a fairly strong setup for next season already in place with quite a faithful comic adaption, some spoilers obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOOk1cy9ww
      Thanks for this, you've made me think it's quite an interesting show. Like all these shows, I know nothing going in, as I haven't read the comics, so it's all new to me.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        Thanks for this, you've made me think it's quite an interesting show. Like all these shows, I know nothing going in, as I haven't read the comics, so it's all new to me.
        Heh. Since you watch SHIELD I'm also assuming you saw AoU. The family on The Gifted is The Struckers. Yes same as the dead guy in AoU; whose son was the frat boy turned brain vegetable in SHIELD. There is a comic relation there but somehow Fox and Disney were both allowed to use the name. The Gifted explores the mutant side of the family tree rather then the human.

        Comment


        • #49
          Personally I couldn't bare AoS. It rapidly bored the life outta me sadly. I'm yet to see Gifted though.

          As for the finale of Runaways, Hmm, not bad but didn't finish with a big enough cliffhanger imo.

          I'm hoping we'll see Victor Stein in season 2 and that JM will be the one playing him as I still find it really odd his arc was dumped so early on and that once in that box, well, If the writers really pushed it I imagine they could say the healing process changed him and maybe swop actors? I dunno. Maybe I'm being paranoid here. *g*
          Last edited by Silver1; 09-01-18, 03:52 PM.

          Comment


          • #50
            I'm hoping we'll see Victor Stein in season 2 and that JM will be the one playing him as I still find it really odd his arc was dumped so early on and that once in that box, well, If the writers really pushed it I imagine they could say the healing process changed him and maybe swop actors? I dunno. Maybe I'm being paranoid here. *g*
            Haven't seen the finale yet. I am really hoping you are just being paranoid because I would miss JM if he were not to appear in S2

            Comment


            • #51
              Yeah same here.

              - - - Updated - - -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmhCI1Tx3ew

              For those who are interested there's this new interview with JM yesterday with the kids on one of those youtube channel's, and he says that Victor was supposed to die...

              Comment


              • #52
                Interesting he's yet again played a character that the writers have changed their decision to kill off. This makes me even more determined to take the trial membership and watch S1. I'm really pleased for JM and hope there is another great extension given to his character.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I can't get this nagging feeling outta my mind that they might use the whole box healing thing as an excuse to change actors, but we'll see. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I wonder if JM would be so happy to be plugging the show if he weren't coming back for S2, so I'm hanging on to the hope that he will be back

                    And thank you for posting that video Silver1, JM comes across as a sweetheart

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Sadly actors are the last to know and I think poor old JM is well outta the loop on this.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                        Personally I couldn't bare AoS. It rapidly bored the life outta me sadly.
                        Let me guess - you're one of those people who gave up during the first 5-10 episodes of season 1?

                        I'm hoping we'll see Victor Stein in season 2 and that JM will be the one playing him as I still find it really odd his arc was dumped so early on and that once in that box, well, If the writers really pushed it I imagine they could say the healing process changed him and maybe swop actors? I dunno. Maybe I'm being paranoid here. *g*
                        But why would they do that? Unless JM asks for a huge amount of money or something... and I've never heard of him causing such problems before.
                        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Maybe they don't think his face fits after all? Want someone younger now? Christ only knows. But as I say I'm hoping I'm wrong. It's just after watching the series and how Victor was dumped to one side halfway through I'm just getting these 'vibes' thats all.

                          Let me guess - you're one of those people who gave up during the first 5-10 episodes of season 1?
                          I watched all of season one and then bailed midway season 2. It bored the hell outta me.

                          - - - Updated - - -

                          One of the showrunners said in an interview.

                          https://ca.news.yahoo.com/marvels-runaw ... 47734.html


                          We saw a glimpse of the capsule that Victor is in. Are we going to see him next season?
                          Savage: Victor will spend some time in Jonah’s box, but he’ll be coming out one way or another. But what that actually means in terms of who Victor is and what his allegiances are remain to be seen.
                          "One way or another. Don't like the sound of that.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            AHA! Syfy have got the first season. I'd never gotten round to subscribing to Hulu, although I would have, and now I don't have to.

                            18th April 9pm #RunawaysOnSyFy

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I do hope JM is included in season 2 as I'm still getting dodgy vibes from that. I believe that everyone in the cast has been announced except for him.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
                                I do hope JM is included in season 2 as I'm still getting dodgy vibes from that. I believe that everyone in the cast has been announced except for him.
                                Well that doesn't sound very hopeful But maybe it's a tease, the show not wanting to spoil a big storyline that he's a part of? Or is that just wishful thinking

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X