Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMG is reprising for "Cruel Intentions" role for the "Cruel Intentions" NBC pilot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMG is reprising for "Cruel Intentions" role for the "Cruel Intentions" NBC pilot.

http://time.com/4237083/sarah-michel...el-intentions/

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/24...tentions-pilot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCMRhYoMY36/

At-best, this could be a better version of Gossip Girl . If the TV series is picked up, NBC -- given its relatively low ratings -- is less likely than other networks to cancel the series if the series gets decent ratings.

Ringer for the CW had better ratings than other TV series, was canceled, and those other series continued for years after.

The Crazy Ones for CBS got better ratings than Mom , was canceled, and Mom is still continuing.

Cruel Intentions is one of my favorite movies. Within the past 2 years, I re-watched Gossip Girl and it's better when one considers the series is actually about Dan Humphrey's quest for power and influence. And it is a decent advertisement on the pros of sending ones kids to elite private schools.

Anyway, I'd probably watched the CI TV series if it is decent enough.

I am just excited to see her on TV again. Still bummed Ringer was cancelled in the middle of the season.

Comment

I don´t know what to think about it but I´m gonna watch it nonetheless mainly for SMG.

I love Cruel Intentions the movie.

Comment

Cruel Intentions is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies, but I'm not sure it would work for me as a TV series. However, I found Kathryn Merteuil and SMG's performance to be the best thing about the movie to me (my favorite non-Buffy role for her), so her presence helps. I just hope it doesn't get cancelled after the first season because she's starting to have a reputation for that.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Yeah, it's still baffling to me that Ringer was cancelled yet Hart of Dixie continued for years (4 seasons) and now Rachel Bilson--I had to look up her name--has a new TV series. And The Crazy Ones was cancelled, yet Mom is still on the air (6 seasons so far).

Remember when it was made into such a big deal, "Sarah Michelle Gellar's return to television." yet her TV series get around zero chance. I remember Ringer had higher rating than Hart of Dixie and The Crazy Ones had higher ratings than Mom .

Comment

Just seen this post by SMG on Insta . . .

sarahmgellar
            Anyone have plans the week of March 22? Everybody loves me, and 20 years later I intend to keep it that way. So for one week, Sony is re-releasing Cruel Intentions in theaters. You can ....watch it....anywhere

Comment

OMG she referenced the five best words lol. That movie was so on point to late 90s college me.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                OMG she referenced the five best words lol. That movie was so on point to late 90s college me.

You should give Dangerous Liaisons a go

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
                  You should give Dangerous Liaisons a go
                  Yeah, I know it's an adaptation, but the last thing I'd have cared about then and still kinda would care about now is a period character drama
                  sigpic
                  Banner by LRae12

Comment

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Cruel Intentions is one of my favorite movies/films. I have it on Blu-Ray and am not going to waste my time seeing it in a movie theater.

Comment

Rewatching Cruel Intentions 20 years later and Sarah Michelle Gellar is the best thing in it. She steals the movie as Kathryn. The rest of the cast is meh especially Ryan Philippe who I really fail to care about when he dies. While the homophobic and racist jokes/Sexual assault etc are hard to listen/ watch

Comment

Working...
                      X