Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicholas Brendon arrested for third time at Florida Convention this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sadly so do I.

Comment

Oh dear, that didn't go well...

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ut-why-2015268

Comment

Oh dear indeed. It must be hard because I've no idea what his financial situation is like but he probably can't afford to just walk away and stay out of the public eye. But it seems, to my layman's eye, that would probably be best nevertheless. Like this, any digression, failure or struggle is subject to public scrutiny and automatically becomes 'big'.
        Last edited by Stoney; 27-08-15, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Have no idea what his financial situation is, but he may just need to hold a straight job for a while -- not appearances, no chasing any acting jobs, just... y'know, a job, as people get. If DH still has a place for him, keep that up as a sideline. I'd like to think the Buffy fandom provide some sort of comfort zone/support system but I'm inclined to doubt it, given some of the wretched things I've seen Buffy fans say about him.

Regardless, I care about the guy since I"ve been so entertained by his performance over the years, so I hope he finds the help he needs.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...olence-1208332

Nicholas Brendon has been charged with felony domestic violence, the Riverside County District Attorney's office disclosed Monday.

The former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star was arrested back in October 2017 after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend in a Palm Springs hotel.

Brendon was charged with one felony count of corporal injury to a spouse, according to the criminal complaint provided Tuesday to The Hollywood Reporter from the district attorney's office.

The actor faces up to four years in prison if convicted, according to district attorney spokesman John Hall.

Brendon, who played Xander Harris on Buffy during its entire seven-season run, was released on $50,000 bail, according to records. His arraignment date has not been set.

Brendon has had a number of run-ins with the law in the past, including being arrested on suspicion of vandalism, grand theft and criminal mischief.

A rep for the actor did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
            Oh dear, not again......

Comment

Maybe this will be the thing that helps him get his life back on track . . . maybe not. It's upsetting as a fan, and upsetting as woman, knowing he's got addiction issues and is also a violent prick who hits women. Definite mixed sympathies here.

Comment

Sue, it's unclear to me as to whether he's been charged for yet another domestic violence incident or if this relates to the incident in October 2017. I saw the article the other day and it was really unclear to me and still reads unclear to me now. If it's a new incident they don't provide any details and immediately refer to the October 2017 incident. I wasn't sure if he'd only just been charged for that incident now or if he's attacked his girlfriend again

I'm not sure why it'd take so long to charge him for the other incident, though.
                "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure when I read that article when it came up on my twitter feed either. But then I don't know how these things work in the states.

Comment

To me it reads as if they are now charging him for the October 2017 incident. One and a half year is probably the time it takes to get to the point where they have the case ready to take it to court.

flow
                    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/?p=1067286

INDIO (CBSLA) — Actor Nicholas Brendon struck a plea deal with prosecutors Friday, staving off a possible four-year jail sentence.

In exchange for pleading guilty to attacking his girlfriend nearly three years ago at a Palm Springs hotel, Brendon — best known for the role of Xander Harris on television series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” — will serve three years of probation and must complete a 52-week domestic violence course and 20 hours of community service.

Brendon’s original felony charge of inflicting corporal injury on a spouse was reduced to misdemeanor domestic battery.

The 48-year-old actor, who has spoken publicly about his battles with depression, alcoholism and substance abuse, was accused of grabbing and “violently” pulling his girlfriend by the hair at the bar inside the Saguaro Hotel in downtown Palm Springs on Oct. 11, 2017.

After Brendon entered his guilty plea, the victim recounted a relationship allegedly riddled with physical and emotional abuse.

“When somebody holds a knife to your throat, it changes you as a person, and it changes you forever” she said. “I can never erase the pictures in my mind of being strangled and thrown across the room, or being covered in bruises, bite marks and scratches, all because I tried to care for someone.”

Brendon is also barred from coming into contact with the victim for the next three years.

[I](

Comment

What a horrible mess.

Comment

At least the victim has seem some justice and hopefully this will be the kick up the bum he needs to get his life back in order. It's just sad and horrible for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            At least the victim has seem some justice and hopefully this will be the kick up the bum he needs to get his life back in order. It's just sad and horrible for everyone
                            Is it justice. He initially pleaded not guilty (putting her through the stress of a trial) and only now changed his plea to avoid jail time rather than because he is sorry. Also 20 hours community service is basically 2 working days and a bit picking up litter. I suppose the 52 weeks domestic counselling might help but again that pre supposes he has remorse.

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Is it justice. He initially pleaded not guilty (putting her through the stress of a trial) and only now changed his plea to avoid jail time rather than because he is sorry. Also 20 hours community service is basically 2 working days and a bit picking up litter. I suppose the 52 weeks domestic counselling might help but again that pre supposes he has remorse.
                              You only think he changed his plea to avoid jail, we don't know what the actual truth is. Though it's likely, I agree. I hope the domestic counselling helps him. But most of all, I hope the victim feels she got justice, that's the important thing

Comment

• BtVS fan
                                BtVS fan commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Counselling only helps if you want to be helped and not if it's just a way to avoid jail time.

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Yeah as I've said elsewhere (and also in response to you), I 100% agree and I doubt that he feels much remorse. Or, if he does, he's clearly still not willing to accept responsibility until he realised he had to for his own benefit.
                              "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

Working...
                              X