Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkDahlia
    replied
    I actually thought it was silly at first. a tv show based off the movie?? anyway I started tuning in probably around the beginning of the second season..

after that came the obsession. vhs box sets, fanclub, posters, lollipops, guide books, novels, fanfiction etc

I've got it all. and that was 10 years ago. jeepers

Leave a comment:

• lara
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltmaiden
    My mother...yup you read it right.
    my mother loves televison and has always liked supernatural stuff, things with vampires and witches etc. so she thought she would check it out. The she asked me to check it out.
    Oh, that's nice!! Sometimes I wish my mom did that, 'cause she freaks out everytime you talk about vampires and such, so she doesn't understand my love for the show, she thinks it just plain weird stuff, you know. I wish I could share the wonderfull world of Buffy with her, but I can't. You're lucky!!

Originally posted by Boltmaiden
    Plus she was short and I am very short and I loved that she kicked ass. Power to the little people
    I'm just 5.2 feet tall so, Yeah!! power to the little people!!

Leave a comment:

• Boltmaiden
    replied
    My mother...yup you read it right. Buffy was in it's second season on the WB and the were also showing the first season at the same time so anyway I was able to catch up real quick on all that was Buffy.

But anyhow back to how it happened...my mother loves televison and has always liked supernatural stuff, things with vampires and witches etc. so she thought she would check it out. The she asked me to check it out. I was hesitant at first, becaise as much as I was a fan of those type of supernatural stuff I remembered the Btvs Movie and thought I thought it was okay I wasn't really loving the idea of what I had seen in the movie for an actual tv show. But thank God I sat down with my mom and watched the show, the dialogue and characters drew me in instantly.

And I loved how Buffy was my age and an only child (until season 5 and..damn Joss for Dawn). So when I started watching we were both going through our Junior year of high school; when she graduated high school, so did I. Plus she was short and I am very short and I loved that she kicked ass. Power to the little people So she was definately a role model in those early years.

But in the end when you get right down to it is was because of my mommy and I am eternally grateful

opps forgot to say about Ats..followed Angel to L.A. when he left Sunnydale and watched both series.

Leave a comment:

• Nikkolas
    replied
    I'm proud of myself!
    I discovered Buffy by turning on the WB to watch it...way back when Buffy first debuted. Very first ep. Darla traumatized me.
    God, nostalgia....

Leave a comment:

• Nina
    replied
    alright

And ... don't peek , season 5 is much better when you don't know how it ends ... because the end is *Whoah!*.

Leave a comment:

• Raven
    replied
    I'm saving After The Fall until I get Angel Season 5 ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Nina
    replied
    Originally posted by Raven View Post
    Goodness, began Angel. I only saw some of season four before getting bored with it, but I recently went out and bought seasons 1 and 2 of Angel (As well as seasons 1 and 3 of BTVS, my fave seasons) and realized how much I really loved Cordy (Who I always despised before) and how amazing Angel was. I haven't seen every episode of Angel, but today I'm going to go buy Seasons 3 and 4, plus, in a couple days, the After The Fall hardcover edition of the series. I can't wait!

I see nowhere a mention of Ats season 5 in your post, but to make sure that you don't forget that season ... this post. Don't forget about that season, because without season 5 ... you don't understand the comics very well. And have much fun with Ats ... it's amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Raven
    replied
    Funny and stupid story from me, actually. See, back in my tween years, I used to be all about Disney Channel shows (Thank God I grew out of that). I liked to research the actors and actresses from different shows. I looked up Lalaine (From the horrid Lizzie McGuire) and saw she was on BTVS. Now, some of my friends who were 12 watched BTVS a couple years earlier, but I was kinda like "meh, I'll stick with my gay TV shows" and they had mentioned the infamous Dark Willow and how she flayed Warren. I saw Lalaine's name accredited to BTVS episodes and thought, "Wow, a Disney actress in a show like that? Awesome, this I gotta see." I started waiting for her season, Season 7 to show up on FX (Lalaine played the potential slayer Chloe). In the meantime, I had to sit through season 1 and every season after. At first, I thought I was in for pure torture...but to my surprise, I LOVED it (I never understood why I never caught interested in Buffy earlier, I love vampires). I watched every episode in order on FX from five in the morning to seven when I had to leave for school, and instantly regretted not taking my friend's interest in the show.

FINALLY, after enjoying Buffy every morning, Season 7 came along, with one of my favorite episodes, "Conversations with Dead People." I waited for "Showtime" to air and saw that Clara Bryant, another DC actress, was on playing Molly and I was like, "wow." After seeing "Get It Done," the episode I had been waiting months to see, I was impressed that a DC actress could take on playing the First Evil, and was impressed that some of them actually had acting careers outside of DC. I finished the series, and, hungry for more Buffyverse Goodness, began Angel. I only saw some of season four before getting bored with it, but I recently went out and bought seasons 1 and 2 of Angel (As well as seasons 1 and 3 of BTVS, my fave seasons) and realized how much I really loved Cordy (Who I always despised before) and how amazing Angel was. I haven't seen every episode of Angel, but today I'm going to go buy Seasons 3 and 4, plus, in a couple days, the After The Fall hardcover edition of the series. I can't wait!

And THAT was how I discovered the love of my life, BTVS and Angel. I don't watch TV except for those two shows, and I am totally hooked for life! I'm also a total comic book nerd and was so happy when I found out that there would be CANON Buffy and Angel comics! (it was also bittersweet, because I knew that meant no live-action show with the actors I have come to adore).

Leave a comment:

• Revan
    replied
    Lol sort of a similar situation here. But people just hit me if I mention the Show?

As for charmed someone here's watched a question is it worth it? I got it at the same time as Btvs but didn't like the 1st few eps

Leave a comment:

• Hekate
    replied
    My best friend bugged me to watch it for the longest time. I finally agreed just to get her to shut up, and now she's regretting it because Buffy is all I talk about!

Leave a comment:

• Nina
    replied
    I was watching the Charmed reruns on one of our channels. And one day there was no Charmed but reruns of BtVS. I think that I was 12 years old ... maybe 13.

Angel I found out a year after BtVS, I was watching Buffy and after that came the episode Disharmony and I kept watching. BtVS I saw in order, Ats I saw in a really weird way, first season 3, after that season 2 and 4 ... then the last part of season 1, the first part of season 5 ... and then I started to buy the DVD's ... stupid Dutch television.

Leave a comment:

• vampmogs
    replied
    I was seven years old and my sister's friend at school told her about the show's first episode premiering here in Australia. Her friend had seen the movie and loved it (god knows why) so told my sister to watch the show. So she did and I did, and ever since the pilot I had been hooked. I remember having a big crush on SMG and freaking out with excitement when I saw the Master for the first time. And the cliff-hanger at the end of ‘Welcome to the Hellmouth’ blew me away back then.

Some of my fondest memories of my childhood was being excited for Tuesdays to see a new episode.

Leave a comment:

• lee
    replied
    Not weird. My order was 4and second half of 2(at the same time), then 3, then first half of 2, then 1, then 5. Six wasnt on yet.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBoy
    replied
    Um, about four or five years ago, I was sitting in front of the TV with my sisters. And my older sister has control of the remote, obviously! So, she flicks around and she gets to FX. Buffy is on. She's like, "Oh, this show's okay." So she kept it. It was "The Freshman". I was hooked. "Living Conditions" was on right after it, so as my sisters went upstairs, I stayed watching "Living Conditions". I was totally hooked. I immediately went out and bought (god knows why) SEASON 7, OF ALL SEASONS! Then 5, then 3, then 2, then 4, then 1, then 6 I know...weird....

Leave a comment:

• Pandora's_Box
    replied
    Something like 8/10 years ago, I was in front of TV a Friday at 11pm looking for something interesting to watch, and caught an episode about some teenagers during halloween, being possesed by their costumes, kinda funny. Next Friday, curious I'm watching an other episode, then an other until Surprise/Innocence which hooked me, so I watched the entire show the next Fridays and got really blown away by Passion and Becoming.
    Next year I was a faithful viewer of Season 3, then 4, then 5. It was really a good show, one of my fav. Then Season 6 opening episodes really impressed me, so morbid. But I became really fanatic at the episode "Tabula Rasa" when Spike and Buffy kissed at the end. I just loved Spuffy and really didn't think the writers would have the balls to do a love story between those two, I was so thrilled. Then Darth Willow made me an absolut fan. Then Season 7 which is my favorite Season, with the amazing "Chosen" (my fav episode).
    The year after, I was buying the all seasons which I watched like 20 times since.
    That's how I become BtVS fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X