Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Age A semi-good Episode, The best thing about it is that it's completly Giles-Centric. I love seeing Giles squirm too, so I liked it when Jenny was Poking fun at him with the Book. Ethan Rayne is an alright Villian, He's good in some Episode but not in others like this one.last but not least its nice to see vampires stealing blood from hospitals.
    sigpic

Comment

• Halloween

Writings: *****
      Direction: *****
      Drama: -
      Comedy: *****
      Action: *****

Writings
      Great plot idea, having the scoobies as pirate, ghost or duchesse is so refreshing! Plus the three having a small personnal storyline is a good idea even if they're lame, especially Buffy's. Cordelia's appareance is great, Spike's is completely useless.

Direction
      Some little things here and there, some not so bad visual effects too.

Drama
      -

Comedy
      Some very funny stuff like Ghost Willow, Cat Cordy, unfortunately, Xander and Buffy are a bit off. Special mention to Giles suprised by Willow's ghost.

Action
      Still a bit slow but better than some previous episodes.

Finale note: * * * * * * * * * *
      Quite funny and new, it's mostly the first step to the evolution of two important characters: Willow and Giles.
      Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 24-07-08, 08:13 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Lie To Me

Drama: *****
        Comedy: -
        Action: *****

Writings
        Good screenplay, bad story.

Direction
        Hard to believe it's Joss's, except for the Dracula's scene and some shots, nothing interesting.

Drama
        The Ford story is too whiney ("I'm dying"....blah blah blah) but the last scene is really touching.

Comedy
        -

Action
        Some good kicks and I just love Buffy jumping to Drusilla.

Finale note: * * * * * * * * * * *
        It was supposed to be a big episode (the seventh) plus Joss directing, and it's finally a failure, or close. Two nice scenes and a pretty end save it.
        Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 24-07-08, 08:12 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• The Dark Age

Drama: *****
          Comedy: -
          Action: ******

Writings
          That's Giles big secret, COME ON. I was expecting much more than this cheap storyline and this ridiculous demon, plus Jenny becoming it, way too easy, so not interesting.

Direction
          The flashback scenes are almost unbearable, with that cheap electric guitar sound and the blurry image and the Slime effect is ridiculous.

Drama
          Moved...no. Sleepy...yes.

Comedy
          -

Action
          There's good action, especially the Angel/Big Bad inner fight.

Finale note: * * * * * * * * *
          Giles and Ethan save the episode from a total wreck.
          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 24-07-08, 08:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm doing rewatch of S2 right now so I can join in

Lie to Me
            I've seen/heard people complain that Buffy getting so agitated about seeing Angel talking to Drusilla was over the top. To my mind it absolutely was not. Buffy is 16 years old, seriously in love for the first time, and she sees this pretty girl in white dress and with dark hair leaning towards Angel having clearly an intimate conversation. (Plus Angel and Dru actually do have history!). So I think she had perfect right to be suspicious and jealous. The whole scene itself of course is amazing. Dru's "What will your mummy sing when they find your body?" is so creepy that I don't have words to describe how I felt watching it.
            I also do not have anything against Ford. It's very believable that Buffy acts this way with Ford (because of Angel).
            Of course I love Spike and Dru interaction here. They are just wonderful and I won't ever get tired of watching them. The scene with the dead bird is just great.
            I also found very interesting that Buffy actually keeps her promise to Spike to let Dru go if he gets the vamps off these people. She could have staked Dru, it was the right thing to do, why let a vamp get away? (Maybe Buffy knew Spike would get über-mad should she stake Dru and her chances of getting out of the cellar would diminish considerably). But it could also be interpreted as a little hint of their future mutual respect and habit of not lying to each other.
            I also liked the fact that Ford did not change his mind re: Buffy's (albeit very good) speech. He was the sort of person who thought his own hide was most important and he didn't change miraculously his mind (like characters in not so good TV-shows very often do).
            The end scene with Giles in graveyard is of course great. Buffy asks Giles to lie to him and how indeed does he lie when he says: "The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after." Bit of very sad foreshadowing here.
            Also small note: it's interesting that Spike actually kept his promise to sire Ford. I wonder why?

Overall: B

The Dark Age
            So we get to know something about Giles's Ripper past. Interesting. Although the episode itself is not so good as it ought to be. And the demon in question was rather boring and somewhat pointless.
            Everybody knows it's blood delivery day. I remember when I first watched this it was pretty funny how the whole thing was played out like some sort of drug deal. But last time I thought why did Buffy have to go there and stop vamps getting the donor blood? I mean you could argue that if the vamps have this for the night perhaps some people will actually survive because of that? But of course perhaps it was some very special blood-type delivered especially for a surgery or smth like that. And of course that wouldn't be very great if vamps stole all the blood every blood delivery day. But I wonder if Buffy had to hang around in every blood delivery day from now on?
            All right, so the demon Giles created was rather boring, but yay for Ethan Rayne! He really is very interesting minor character and from the very start he came across as someone really interesting. There should have been more of him.

Overall: C
            sigpic
            banner by litzie avatar by diane

Comment

• The Dark Age: It´s not bad but it had so much potential and it could have been better. The demon is very lame, but still the character interaction is worth watching.

3/5 or a C+

Comment

• I've missed my "Lie To Me" and "The Dark Age" reviews but they will be coming either later tonight or tomorrow...I PROMISE.

But, my announcement is tomorrow night's episode is "WHAT'S MY LINE".

It's a 2-parter, but all 2-parters will be shown on one night.

So, TOMORROW, "WHAT'S MY LINE" PARTS I AND II AIR!!!! You can leave a review for the whole 2-parter or a separate one for each, but they will still both air tomorrow

Comment

• Overdue, but here I go....

Lie To Me

Let's start at the beginning, as usual. Drusilla is amazing and creepy at the same time. The score is funny, in a not so good way. Have I said that Dru is amazing? And creepy? "What will your mommy say when they find your body?" Good Angel. Saving the day. And Dru/Angel talking is great. Angel isn't threatening; he's just kinda dumb. Buffy thinking that, "uh-oh! dru and angel are together!" is funny in another not-so-good way. That sub-plot is really dumb and, overall, just not interesting. Jenny and Giles together is great, and very refreshing to see a couple that isn't...over dramatic. Now, onto an over dramatic couple: Bangel :rolleye: Boring in this episode. And most. Ford's introduction was really amazing, and his dialouge is fantastic. Buffy's reaction to Ford talking was a bit delayed, but oh well! Love Willow's, "oh, that's what that song was about!?" Bangel melodrama is BAAAAAAAACK. "You made him do that thing where he's gone!" And, Ford reveals! My question is....did no one ask, "HOW does he know!?!?" Seriously, everyone's just saying, "okay, that's cool, let's move on!" The bar set design is really cool. Like this. I wonder what's up with Ford and his friends! Oh, wait, I already know. But, let's pretend I don't. Heh, it's nice to know Ford is a complete dork, too, with the reciting the movie lines. No, but seriously, that's just dumb. Willow is fabulous. I love her. Her nervousness is awesome. Hannigan is greatness. And Giles' nervous is awesome. Nervousness is greatness. OOooh, vamps, this is getting a bit dull! The gang investigating is just plain fun. "Do they stick out? Sore thumbs? Have you ever looked at a thumb and gone, 'boy, is that thumb sore or what?'"? The plot with people worshiping vampires is fantastic and great. A high point of the episode. Jenny took Giles to Monster Trucks ROFL!!!! More MELODRAMA!!!! WOOOOO! AHHHHH! Ford's an idiot for just going into Spike's lair, but it makes for good TV. Buffy confronts Angel. Bad TV. Drusilla's backstory is refreshing, but STILL. Ooh, Buffy comes confronts Ford. Okay, not that good. Buffy's trapped. This is interesting Btw, that was not sarcasm. Dialouge in this scene is very well written. Ford and Buffy's talk is really.....really....REALLY well written. Great plot twist with his illness. This scene is so good. I love it. Buffy's plan was pretty smart. Why didn't Buffy kill Drusilla? What the hell? PERFECT opportunity Buffy leaving Ford there was pretty sad. But, oh well, I guess he gets what he deserves. The last scene is classic Buffy at it's best. "Liar." Perfect.

So, I loved the last ten minutes, Willow, Giles, and Jenny.

I disliked the first ten minutes, the Bangel melodrama (BAH! CRINGE!!!!), and some of Ford.

I'd have to say it's a pretty average episode with some amazing scenes, a great plot, and a great twist. So, I'll put it as a....

6/10 - like it less that I did before

"The Dark Age" review coming in a few hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pandora's Box
                    Drama
                    The Ford story is too whiney ("I'm dying"....blah blah blah) but the last scene is really touching.
                    Too whiny!? "I'm dying blah blah blah"?! Seriously? How is that blah blah blah? Yeah, he's too whiny for him dying. That's kind of a big deal. I don't think it was whiny. I think the Angel thing was much more whiny. At least Ford had a reason to be sad and depressing!

The Dark Age

Let's start at the beginning. Oooh, the teaser is supposed to be creepy! It's not. Bad score. Moving on. Funny noises. Ah, the monster art is kind of hilarious and horribly done. BAD. Why doesn't he just run? She's walking at 0.000001 mph. Buffy's training music is awesome Great! Monster turning into blue goo? Are you frakking kidding me? So, horrible teaser. Horrible, horrible start. Giles' dream = kinda funny, too. Like the "Anywhere But Here" game Jenny and Giles are funny They KISSED!!!! YAAAAYY!!!! Cordelia is back, and I love her. She's hilarious. Woah. The plot is still bad. Ooooh, this plot is so not interesting! Well, the fights nice. Giles is weird. No one cares. Buffy thinking he's drinking as a HUGE bad thing. He drank...a beer. Ethan is back. Nice dialouge. Hehe, the monster looks really funny. Not in a good way. Demon scary. Actually, not so much. Jenny is acting weird from the start Giles is The Ripper. So much for an interesting past This demon is not interesting. Not cool. Dumb. Jenny's acting is great. Love that part. Not the rest. This is boring. Because, now, Jenny has a funny voice. I guess that would make it more interesting. Eh. Whatever. Well, Ripper's past makes a bit of sense. But it's not that interesting. Ethan knocks out Buffy. Oh, well. Willow's burst is amazing. I loved that. Great Willow. Giles is crazy weird! An okay fight, not great. The demon going into Angel was a good plan.

Bad past, bad plot, bad demon, bad dialouge (minus Ethan), some good action, some good comedy moments, good Willow moment =.....

2/10 - I still dislike it as much as I always have.

Comment

• What´s my line pt 1 - An average episode, and one who had a lot of potential but fell flat. The Order of Taraka is lame, except the bug man. But as always, I love the character interaction, dialogue and of course, Oz.
                      3/5

What´s my Line pt 2 - Better than part 1 but still average. The execution seems weak to me, although I´m starting to like it more with repeat viewings. I´m not a fan of Kendra, although I like the comparison to Buffy. It seems everyone keeps telling Buffy that a slayer is supposed to be alone.
                      3/5

Comment

• Can we all please make sure there is no double posting in this thread. Even if a few hours have passed and you are reviewing a different episode it can still go in the same post.

Double posting is still considered spam in this thread.

Comment

• Im new on here... Just joined!
                          But i would love to join you all! Is it okay?

xoxox

Comment

• We would love for u to join us Horrorshock

What happened to all the posters?

What's my line Part 1/2- keeping with the trend of really good episodes in season 2, well lets start off by saying in this Episode Spike and Drusilla are finally attempting a plan to restore Drusilla to 100%. It's so rare to actually like the villains on a show But whedon does a fine job with the relationship that Spike and Dru have going on in the series. Part one Introduce us to Kendra the Vampire Slayer. It also introduces Willy the barkeep snitch,(One of my favorite Non Main characters). Love Snyder's cruel comments to Xander. "Whatever comes out of your mouth is a meaningless waste of breath. An airborne toxic event". and for one last fact The group is referred to as the Scooby Gang for the first time. For Part 2: I love Kendra's Accent its unique, Im not sure exactly where it comes from though. I Liked that Oz would take a bullet for Willow, which is an amazingly romantic thing to do. Their exchange about the cookie animals is adorable. "I mock you with my monkey pants. From what I hear The character of Spike was originally supposed to die fairly early in the second season. Seems likely that this would have been the place. (Im glad they didnt do it though because Spike is my favorite Character) and If udidnt know Before there are 43 Churches in Sunnydale according to this Episode. The Last scene was The best one IMO as we see Dru carrying Spike's criipled body out of the Wreckage.
                            sigpic

Comment

• What happened to all the posters?
                              Sorry for the Double post but Where'd everyone go? It looks like the Rerun got Cancelled or something.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I´m gonna jump into the next review.

Ted - A little unnerving, actually. No one believes Buffy, not even her mother. Of course she was being drugged but still, choosing Ted over Buffy. The end seems to "erase" the whole Buffy killing a human thing but still, the episode brings a lot of good issues and yeah, Jenny and Giles make up.

3/5

Comment

Working...
                                X