Buffy/Faith (Fuffy) ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy/Faith (Fuffy) ship

I`ve been wondering how many others like the idea of these two together. Personally, I think they would balance each other out personality-wise, if they could stop fighting. Any ideas on how things could`ve worked out differently to bring them closer? All opinions on this ship are welcome Thanks!
    Yes!
    41.30%
    Sort of...
    10.87%
    Don`t know.
    4.35%
    No way!
    43.48%
    My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

Want, take, have! - Faith Lehane

"Together" in what sense?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

The romantic sense. That`s why I have "ship" in the title

Thanks for replying.
      My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

Comment

I'm a big Fuffy shipper. It seems so obvious to me.

First of all, they share dreams. How many couples can say that?

And the way they fight, for heaven's sake, it's so obvious they're in love and just don't want to admit it. They should've gotten married way back in Bad Girls, so they'd be celebrating their 5th or 6th anniversary already.

Comment

Yay! A fellow shipper

And do we know why they share dreams? Is it a slayer thing, or an individual bond? After all, Buffy didn`t have dreams with Kendra, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Drusilla View Post
            Yay! A fellow shipper

And do we know why they share dreams? Is it a slayer thing, or an individual bond? After all, Buffy didn`t have dreams with Kendra, right?
            It seems it's a Slayer thing since Dana had Slayer dreams about past Slayers, including Nikki Wood.

In the comic "The Origin" based on Joss's script for the movie, it's mentioned that Buffy had dreams about being various different girls from the past (Slayers) and other comics like "The Chain" mention Slayers having dreams in which they relive other past Slayers' experiences. In "Fray"
            Spoiler:
            Melaka and her twin brother Harth are an anomaly, since she got the Slayer powers and he got the Slayer dreams.
            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
              It seems it's a Slayer thing since Dana had Slayer dreams about past Slayers, including Nikki Wood.

In the comic "The Origin" based on Joss's script for the movie, it's mentioned that Buffy had dreams about being various different girls from the past (Slayers) and other comics like "The Chain" mention Slayers having dreams in which they relive other past Slayers' experiences.
              To revisit the memories of a dead person in dreams is one thing. To share dreams with a living person, where you actually converse with the living person, that's something else again.

Remember Sanctuary? Buffy-Faith on the rooftop. Buffy gives Faith her usual "I hate you like the Devil himself" speech. Then the Watchers show up to capture Faith, and Buffy leaps to her defense. What's the real feeling here?

Comment

Originally posted by Midwestern Watcher View Post
                To revisit the memories of a dead person in dreams is one thing. To share dreams with a living person, where you actually converse with the living person, that's something else again.
                It's something that wasn't possible for previous Slayers since there was always just one. Things are different with more than one Slayer in the world. Season 8 made a lot of the connection ("the chain") that the Slayers feel to one another, though it was also mentioned that Buffy didn't feel it. (But there's a mental connection between Buffy and Willow in one of the season 8 issues, when it's necessary for them to beat the bad guys, though it's not mentioned later.) Slayer dreams are part of the Slayer connection. But it seems that Slayers don't all feel connections to every other Slayer; it's not clear how it works. We haven't heard of two other Slayers sharing a dream like Buffy and Faith had, but there's no doubt that their connection is of the Slayer nature. (But what happened to it post-season 4?)

Comment

What happened after S4 is that the Buffy-Faith dreams weren't needed for the plot. This is fiction, after all.

Fact remains: the only Slayer dreams we ever hear of where a conversation takes place, questions are asked and answered, advice and help are given is in the Buffy-Faith dreams of S4. The feeling between these two is truly profound.

I'll give you this. The fact that they are both Slayers makes it easier for them to fall in love. But they get the rest of the way on their own.

BTW, I assume there were many "unnatural acts" taking place behind closed doors in the Scottish castle. Indeed, how could there not?

Comment

Obviously I'm not a Fuffy shipper, but I wanted to bring here IO9's - 10 Great Love/Hate Relationships from Science Fiction and Fantasy
                    http://io9.com/5872528/10-great-love...on-and-fantasy

One reason we're addicted to science fiction and fantasy: the characters and their weird, conflicted relationships. And there's nothing more addictive than characters who can't decide whether to kill each other or run away together. Friends who sometimes hate each other, or enemies who secretly admire each other.

Here are 10 of the most addictive love-hate relationships in science fiction and fantasy.
                    Note: We asked you on our Facebook page to list your favorite love-hate relationships, and we used some of your suggestions in the article below.

9) Buffy and Faith, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

A bunch of people at Facebook suggested Buffy and Spike — but the Buffy/Faith relationship is even more fascinating. Buffy and Faith are equals, who both have Slayer powers and who serve as each other's foils on many occasions. Buffy and Faith almost become best friends a couple times, but they always end up butting heads. But every time it seems like they're about to become out-and-out enemies, they rediscover their mutual respect.
                    "Gunn dies, Illyria Survives, Spike shanshus, Angel looses an arm and Xander looses an arm too, which is odd because he wasn't even there."
                    Joss Whedon at the High Stakes convention - 2004

Comment

Yes I could see these two working well together. Hell they practically did so in the show didn't they.

I mean I'm a slasher aren't I, so It would be very weird If I didn't agree to somebody's else's pairing.

Comment

BTW, I assume there were many "unnatural acts" taking place behind closed doors in the Scottish castle. Indeed, how could there not?
                        My first reaction to this was "I'm sure Xander and Dawn waited until she wasn't a centaur anymore"

In general, I don't feel strongly for or against Buffy/Faith. They have a fantastic dynamic and the actresses really mined every layer of the subtext at different points. It might only be ruined by ever being canonically done (a feeling I think I eventually adopted about Buffy/Xander, but not about Xander/Faith, for which I'd still be all aboard).
                        sigpic
                        Banner by LRae12

Comment

Most of you probably know about buffynfaith.net, but just in case, it's a great place to find Fuffy fanfic (some of it really good) and to discuss the Fuffy ship. This has to be one of the most popular "non-canonical" ships.

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
                          My first reaction to this was "I'm sure Xander and Dawn waited until she wasn't a centaur anymore"
                          I was referring to lesbian sex. You did know that, right? I can't help feeling that much, if not most, of the resistance against Fuffy reflects negative feelings about homosexuality. Although Buffy fans seem to be more accepting of this, as a group, there's still a lot of homophobia among us. Check out the fan reaction to Buffy/Satsu, reflected in, for example, the letters printed in the comics.
                          Last edited by Midwestern Watcher; 06-01-12, 04:04 AM.

Comment

I was referring to lesbian sex. You did know that, right? I can't help feeling that much, if not most, of the resistance against Fuffy reflects negative feelings about homosexuality. Although Buffy fans seem to be more accepting of this, as a group, there's still a lot of homophobia among us. Check out the fan reaction to Buffy/Satsu, reflected in, for example, the letters printed in the comics.
                            If someone told you they can't see, say, Kennedy/Andrew happening, would you say that it's because of the negative feelings about heterosexuality?

For that accusation to be true, you'd have to compare one's reaction to Buffy/Faith to one's reaction to Williow/Tara. I'm sure that there are quite a few homophobic people in the fandom (as some of the letters of fans reacting to Buffy/Satsu showed), but there are also fans who simply think that Buffy/Faith is not likely to happen since both of the characters are heterosexual and don't have any romantic or sexual designs on each other. I didn't answer the poll because I couldn't pick any of the options, and the question is a bit weird. What does it mean "do I support" Buffy and Faith together? There is nothing to support, since it is not canon and it's unlikely to ever be. It's not that I would hate to see them hook up, it's just that I don't think either of them would be interested. So, I "don't support" it as much as I don't "support", say, Tara/Spike any other ship that fans have come up with that is unlikely due to at least one of the characters' sexual orientation. ("Uh, I know you like their interaction in Older and Far Away, but you know that Tara is not into dudes?")

I get that some people just like to ship characters that have chemistry and close relationships, disregarding their sexual orientation. I get that it can be fun. But I' a little perplexed when fans really think they're likely to canonically happen. People don't just change their sexual orientation on a whim. It doesn't work that way, it's unrealistic. Some people may have fluid sexuality that allows them to make exceptions, but for most people, well, to quote Mark who writes the blog "Mark Watches" - from his review on Sherlock Holmes "A Scandal in Belgravia":

Plus…again, I know others have said it, but she said she was a lesbian? Like, I don’t imagine that Moffat was trying to make some brilliant, clever statement about sexual fluidity here. There could have been a way to execute that, but what is this weird I AM TOTALLY GAY EXCEPT FOR YOU SHERLOCK thing here? Look, some of us are just gay and no matter how much we like someone, it doesn’t work! Sooooooooooo.
                            Same thing goes when you're just straight. And the thing is, in canon, Buffy and Faith are not in love with each other. Buffy experimented with Satsu in season 8 in rather specific circumstances and realized it wasn't really for her. Willow's, Kennedy's and Buffy's comments all point out she's straight. And no matter how many people would like it otherwise, Faith has made it clear that she's not interested in sex with women, on two occasions: in "Dirty Girls" and in season 8 "No Future For You". I don't think Faith is repressed about her sexuality, and if she was bisexual or lesbian, she wouldn't have a problem having sex with women, so I believe her. I generally tend to believe characters in what they say about their sexuality (e.g. Willow when she says she's gay) if their behavior doesn't contradict it, and there's nothing in canon anywhere that says "Buffy and/or Faith are in the closet".

I find the Buffy/Faith relationship fascinating and complex, it's one of my favorites in the verse. But it really not necessary to try to turn it into a romantic relationship so it would be interesting and fascinating - it already is, all the more so since it's not a matter of romantic interest/sexual attraction but something much more complicated, having to do with identity and doppelgangers and shadow selves.

Comment

it's one of my favorites in the verse. But it really not necessary to try to turn it into a romantic relationship so it would be interesting and fascinating -
                              Ah but It's fun and in this case there's enough subtext to play with.

Hell slashing is one of major things that underpins many online fandoms. Look at any active fandom and you'll see characters normally regarded as straight as having gay relationships.

Personally I don't have a problem with that, especially when written well, but then I've ben reading slash fiction since the first day I entered fandom so very little bothers me.

Comment

Working...
                              X