Who else was happy Wesley was killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else was happy Wesley was killed

Was anybody else besides me happy that Joss killed Wesley off in the series finale? TBH he's an ******* especially after taking Baby Connor away from Angel

No.

I was absolutely devastated when Wesley died. His death scene is, for me, the single saddest moment in the entire verse. Illyria's 'Would you like me to lie to you now?' will forever to reduce to me to tears.

Wesley had good reason to take Connor away. He thought Angel was going to eventually kill him. He was not only trying to safe Connor from Angel, but he was trying to save Angel from himself.

Do I think Wesley was right in what he did? No, he should have told Cordy and Gunn what he'd found out and they could have dealt with it together. Instead, Wesley ended up almost getting himself killed and Baby!Connor was lost to them forever.

So, yes, Wesley was wrong in taking Connor, but he did it for the right reasons and I can't blame him for that.

I understand why Joss decided to kill him off in the finale, he needed that shock factor, and without Wesley's death, we wouldn't have gotten that beautiful scene, but no, I wasn't happy about it.
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I was happy in the sense that I think he was so miserable in life at that point that he preferred death, and I wanted him to finally be able to rest in peace...otherwise though no, he had a fantastic arc (except maybe in season 5 at the end), especially throughout season 4 (I LOVE Dark!Wes and Wes/Lilah), so I wouldn't have missed all that for anything! His death is excellently done too...
      Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I thought it was a powerful and affecting moment. It hurt to watch, but it added something to the episode.

I wasn't surprised to see him return in ATF ... these W&H employees never get to die. I wonder if he might be somehow reunited with Lilah?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyri View Post
          No.

I was absolutely devastated when Wesley died. His death scene is, for me, the single saddest moment in the entire verse. Illyria's 'Would you like me to lie to you now?' will forever to reduce to me to tears.

Wesley had good reason to take Connor away. He thought Angel was going to eventually kill him. He was not only trying to safe Connor from Angel, but he was trying to save Angel from himself.

Do I think Wesley was right in what he did? No, he should have told Cordy and Gunn what he'd found out and they could have dealt with it together. Instead, Wesley ended up almost getting himself killed and Baby!Connor was lost to them forever.

So, yes, Wesley was wrong in taking Connor, but he did it for the right reasons and I can't blame him for that.

I understand why Joss decided to kill him off in the finale, he needed that shock factor, and without Wesley's death, we wouldn't have gotten that beautiful scene, but no, I wasn't happy about it.
          I'm totally with Lyri.... I loved Wesley. I think his character development over the course of his time in the 'Verse is the most interesting and beautiful out if all the characters. Look at where he started and where he ended up...
          I will forever miss Wesley. In no way could I ever be happy that he died.

Comment

In the sense that he was my favourite Angel character by quite a margin, I was decidedly unhappy.

In the sense that main characters had to die to give the finale more emotional impact, and that choosing the mortals rather than the supernaturals for that role adds both poignancy and realism, I was... appreciative, might be a better word.

And in the sense that the OP seems to imply that characters deserve to die for showing poor judgement, I'm a little aghast.

Comment

Wesley was done, I don't think he could live on anymore. I like that they kept it ambigious if Wesley's death was a glorified suicide or if he really gave his all and lost.

That said; Wesley is after Angel my favorite character and if Ats would've continued I would've missed Wesley a lot. I don't disagree that he was rather unsympathetic from time to time; I can forigive him for making mistakes, even big ones like kidnappig Connor. But I would expect that 90% of the people would at least say sorry to the child whose life they ruined, and Wesley didn't even look at Connor. Also him helping Fred killing the professor was a lowpoint in his life as well. That said, I never disliked Wesley as a person and I also respected him as a warrior. But he was one of my favorites because he was so well written, together with Angel and Buffy the only character who had a believable growth (or regression) every season.
              Last edited by Nina; 06-10-11, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I agree, Wesley is a kickass character and even when he is wrong, I understand his reasons.
                About his death, I have very mixed feelings. On one hand, I love the guy and his death brings me to tears everytime and I love how Illryia is devastated at the loss but on the other, I canĀ“t help but think that this was a relief to him because he had lost so much and he was unhappy.

Comment

I loved Wesley and I really felt bad for him with the whole taking Connor away to protect him. Yes it could have been handled better, but he was strong enough to make such a hard decision and wasn't clouded by how much he may have trusted Angel as he knew that he could easily turn back to being Angelus therefore Connor would never really be safe. The prophecy may have turned out not to be true, but Wesley wasn't to know that. I think it proceeded in an interesting change in Wesley's character and it was a heartbreaking scene when Wesley died.
                  .Forever, That's The Whole Point...

Comment

Working...
                  X