Bangel discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangel discussions

I started a Spuffy one so why not have a Bangel one as well?
    Same questions.

1) What do you think of the Buffy/Angel relationship? Do you like it? If you do/don't why?

2) If you ship them, when did you start doing so?

3) Do you have a favourite
    Buffy/Angel moment?

4) Do you think there's more to explore in their relationship? If yes/no why?

5) Do you think there's a chance for the couple in the future?

Spoiler:
    6) Did you like their reunion in the comics? If yes/no why?
    "I never think of the future. It will come soon enough."

1) What do you think of the Buffy/Angel relationship? Do you like it? If you do/don't why?
    I both liked and hated it at times, more for personal reasons than anything. Their love was so sweet and being that Buffy was pretty young when they met, there was an innocence to it that her other relationships lacked. However, Buffy was a tad blind when it came to Angel and you knew their relationship wasn't going to last.

I think I started shipping them after I finally to watch all of the episodes in syndication. That's also about the same time I was making art for them so... I guess around then.

3) Do you have a favourite Buffy/Angel moment?
    Not one in particular, but their silly moments together seem to really stick out in my mind more than anything.

I'm not sure. Granted, I'm sure they could probably make love without him going bad if they found the right potion but that's just me making up fan fiction material, I suppose. All in all, I think their relationship is pretty much done for; too much has happened and they're not the same people they were when they first met.

Anything's possible, I suppose. However, I sincerely doubt any of their problems from before would have disappeared. Other than the fact that Angel's kind of always at war with Spike when it comes to Buffy anyway

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Never read them so I couldn't tell you Sorry!

Comment

I'm a true Bangel! xD well sort of. they were my first ever ship and I love the innocence and idealism of their relationship along with the whole I cant, but I want to, Oh no its too much pain thing. I love a good forbidden love story.

I think I first though aww they are so cute, when I watched Whats My Line.. My fav ep! lol, when she climbs into her bedroom to find him waiting for her holding Mr Gordo, they have the whole end of the world drama, but he tries so hard to make things normal for her, and well I think that in the beginning that is what she wanted they kind of lost that towards the end of the show but to me the whole point of the show was to have a slayer try and mix her life between being normal and being supernatural, that what separated her from all the other slayers which were taken away from their normal lives when they were children, and I think that's why I like them two so much becuase they could just be themselves, with Riley I thought he liked her a lot becuase she was strong he got a kick out of it (although it back fired on him in the end) , spike got a kick out of it becuase she was taboo, but Angel just loved her.

as above lol Whats My Line... well all of What's My Line. Awesome episode. lol but the scene where she finds him in her room and they have a chat about life.
      "its like what's my line... but I don't get to play." lol I know I'm sad! leave me alone.

To be honest I think they have taken Buffy in a completely different direction she couldn't go back to Angel.. (this is why I'm SORT OF a bangel) Buffy has lost her Innocence I think there is no give or take any more, what they had when she was younger was them both contributing and although there was a bit of a power struggle it really worked, Buffy has gotten too strong/bossy and Angel has grown up a lot I doubt a relationship with such... commanding presence??.. could work together on a give and take bases.

No. lol simple as that.
      I think they could have a friendship (a strained friendship!) they could work together but there would always be something not right. The kind of relationship where you know you shouldn't be with them and your ok with it but you really don't want them to be with anyone else.

As for comics I've not read them...
      Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

I loved it!! It was so full of love and all the pain that come with that. Buffy will always love Angel in a way. No matter what. I think it was very complicated and was very missed when it ended.

Ummmm, sooooo many. I think the one most memorable is the one where Buffy is yelling at him
        "Don't what? Don't love you? I'm sorry. You know what? I didn't know that I got a choice in that. I'm never gonna change. I can't change. I want my life to be with you."
        -Buffy .
        Or when she is saving him from himself on Christmas.

yes, there will always be something there something to explore. He ws her first love and she will always think 'what if..' 'Maybe we could make it work...' 'Maybe, just maybe ....'

Yes, but I think Angel needs to become human, and maybe less brood-y.
        If You fall off the stage legs extended and boobs up
        -Burlesque Tess(Cher)

Comment

Well Bangel kinda is dead lately no? Too bad couse I love them

I looove them as a couple. They were my first real ship and the reason I started watching Buffy. Back then I loved all the we are in love but we can’t be but we are let’s be together no let’s not dancing around. And David and Sarah worked well together. Now bit older sadly lol I love them for the complexity and the pureness of the relationship. I can’t really explain it I ship by feeling not by logic. But yeah the whole broody guy gets to be happy again because of the little blond girl are usually my ships and I have Bangel to blame for that.

I started shipping them with Graduations Day part 2. Because that was the first episode of Buffy I ever saw I was hooked on them from the beginning and true them got hooked on the whole show.

So many, but my favourite is the little moment you never hear about in the Zeppo just before Xander interrupts them Buffys I can’t watch you die again! It just kills me. It’s a real small moment but to me it shows all that I love about them. The difficulty of there relationship the heartache and pain that is in there and the strong love that is there too on both sides.

In all honesty? No. I love them because of everything they were including the not being able to be together part. I think it was a wise decision to let Angel go after three seasons regardless of getting his own show it was just time for him to leave in my opinion. Him leaving provided them with a new angle a the relationship but that is as far as it should go in my opinion. I love the way they ended things with them in season 7 on a real hopeful note yet not permanent. It just worked well and to me there story is finished at that.

Again no. Angel turning human makes him a different person and I don’t know if that would have worked in the long run I mean after they would have gotten over the Oh my God he is human! Part. With Angel staying a vamp I said before I love them and I truly believe they will always love each other but there relationship played itself out nicely and I don’t think there is anything more to it.

And I don't read the comics
          Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre
          sigpic

Comment

I love them. I am huge Bangel fan. I have loved them as a couple since I was a kid, and they were the reason I got hooked on the show. There was just something about their story that made me fall for them, and I thought David and Sarah had great chemistry

From the first scene I saw of them. It was from the episode Angel and when I saw them kiss, I was hooked.

I have so many. But I love the moment in eartshot when Angel gives Buffy the medicine and then kisses her on the forehead, so sweet and also the moment when he sits by her bed and kisses her hand in the same episode. And then most of their scenes in Ats "I will remember you" and the dance at prom. And the scene on top of the hill at christmas and when they walk in the snow holding hands. I really can`t pick just one.

I don`t really have a chance to read any of the comics, so for me their relationship kinda ended when the shows ended. But I love reading fanfics that continues their story and I definitely think they should have ended up together had the shows continued. I would have loved to see Buffy remember or being told about the day she spent with Angel in Ats I will remember you. That was such a huge bangel episode.

Don`t know, since I haven`t read the comics.

Comment

1) What do you think of the Buffy/Angel relationship? Do you like it? If you do/don't why?: I was not very fond of their relationship. I felt like Buffy put way to much care and emotion towards him, pushing away her friends over him. And Angel in BTVS really annoyed me, I liked him more in ATS, but in BTVS he just seemed to needy sometimes to me.

2) If you ship them, when did you start doing so?: I will make fanart here and there of the 2 but nothing major usually so.......

3) Do you have a favourite Buffy/Angel moment?: Forgive me I don't know the episode name but my favorite moment of these 2 were in ATS when she visited him and he made the decision to go back to be a vampire instead of continuing their relationship. It was sad and I so true pain between the 2 in that episode.

4) Do you think there's more to explore in their relationship? If yes/no why?: No I think it was kind of drawn out. I mean I really didn't think they should have restarted the relationship when they knew he couldn't get 1 moment of tue happiness. All it is was torture to not be able to share themselves to each other fully.

5) Do you think there's a chance for the couple in the future?: They only way I could see this happening is if he loses his soul and goes and gets his sould like Spike did and not have it as a curse.

6) Did you like their reunion in the comics? If yes/no why? : I haven't seen these so I can't answer.

Comment

I loved Spike/Buffy from the moment it started, but way back in the beginning I actually did like Buffy/Angel.

I liked Buffy and I liked Angel, and initially I liked them together. In retrospect, I think it was mainly nostalgia for the super-intense feelings that you have when you're that young. For a teen-aged girl, there is simply no better dark horse mystery man than Angel. What I didn't like about it is that I felt that Buffy lost her sense of who she was when he was around, and had an idealized vision of him that didn't necessarily match who he really was. And I thought that was both annoying after awhile and unfair to him... how is he supposed to live up to this white-knight dream she has of him when he's actually a morally ambiguous vampire struggling with a soul that he was cursed with and could lose if he's not careful?

I liked them when I watched the first seasons, but I was ready for him to leave when he did.

Whereas most people seem to like the moments of high drama, I actually liked the few moments when they seemed comfortable around each other. I like the moment when Angel actually cracks a joke, "Immortality. I'm dying to get rid of that." And she comments on the pun, and he says (completely dead-pan), "I'm a funny guy." I can't remember the episode. That was one of the first hints of the funny side of Angel that you really only saw in his own show.

Yes, but not in a romantic sense. I don't think Buffy really understands who Angel is, and I do think there's potential for her to get to know the actual guy in front of her in lieu of the dream-Angel she sees when she looks at him.

No, not romantically. I could be wrong, because damned if he doesn't crop up when you least expect him to, but I think it would be so highly implausible now that I wouldn't want to read it if they went there again.

Spoiler:

I really didn't. I thought the entire Twilight arc was bizarre, poorly thought out, poorly explained, and made both characters look like thoughtless idiots being led around by their privates.

Comment

Originally posted by plamivasi View Post
                  Given Season 8, I like it a lot less.

While I liked that Buffy didn't get with Xander and instead had the more 'realistic' pairing with Angel, I didn't like that Angel was a really old guy going out with a naive inexperienced virgin teenager. I certainly didn't like the statutory rape.

I liked that in "Beauty and the Beasts" (3.04?) Angel naturally 'saves' Buffy and recognized Buffy.

Yes, given Season 8 Buffy should kill the guy. Other than that, I don't know.

It still has its fans, so sure. This is especially true given those fans that didn't read the comics, dismiss the comics, don't consider the comics canon etc. For those people a future movie or TV show could have Buffy/Angel.

Spoiler:
                  No. Buffy either is disgusting or she was essentially raped. And Angel isn't punished for what he did; Buffy's actually punished for things that aren't even her fault.

Comment

"Entertainment Weekly", July 2011

Of course, to me Spuffy is the sexiest couple on TV ever... but it's still great that Buffy gets recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Watcher View Post
                      "Entertainment Weekly", July 2011

Of course, to me Spuffy is the sexiest couple on TV ever... but it's still great that Buffy gets recognition.
                      It's nice to see Buffy getting recognition but are you sure this is from 2011?

Whedonesque linked the EW's poll and there's another couple leading! Or they published the results before taking the poll? And Bill and Sookie are in a total different poll.

Is EW owned by Fox News?
                      "Gunn dies, Illyria Survives, Spike shanshus, Angel looses an arm and Xander looses an arm too, which is odd because he wasn't even there."
                      Joss Whedon at the High Stakes convention - 2004

Comment

I found it on Tumblr, on Buffy community. They say it's a scan of July Issue of EW.

http://smgoddess.tumblr.com/post/684...ainment-weekly

I have the impression that the poll has nothing to do with the issue they have on sale. EW writers just appointed Bangel "the sexiest" without asking fans. Still, it's good exposure for Buffy the character and Buffy the show, so I don't fret.

Comment

Entertainment Weekly is owned by Time Warner.

There really wasn't that much sexiness with Buffy and Angel given that on the shows they only had sex twice and Buffy doesn't even remember the second time (and the only actual sex scene shown is the dream scene in "Amends" (3.10)).

Probably the sexiest moments are when they are doing Tai Chi together and the Drink Me scene.

The couple in scenes are played for romance, not really sexiness.

Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz on screen did have a chemistry that seemed to work perfectly for the Buffy/Angel relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                            Entertainment Weekly is owned by Time Warner.

There really wasn't that much sexiness with Buffy and Angel given that on the shows they only had sex twice and Buffy doesn't even remember the second time (and the only actual sex scene shown is the dream scene in "Amends" (3.10)).

Probably the sexiest moments are when they are doing Tai Chi together and the Drink Me scene.

The couple in scenes are played for romance, not really sexiness.

Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz on screen did have a chemistry that seemed to work perfectly for the Buffy/Angel relationship.
                            The drinking scene in Graduation Day 2 was definitely the sexiest Bangel moment ever.

Angel doing Tai Chi - not so much, I found it a bit funny (they did not do it together, she watched him).

As for EW, I already knew from a few other articles that their preferences lie with Bangel, when it comes to BtVS they always chose it for everything in lists like this (yeah, it's a writers' choice).
                            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Well, I think it's cute, and they are good together, but I prefer Spuffy.. I' not really sure why, but I was never a big Angel fan (until I saw AtS), he was always too broody aand.. well not funny...

I Whats My Line, Part One, when they're ice scating, and Buffy kisses him whit his vamp face.

No, I think it's pretty much over. He moved on to Cordelia, even thoughh she dies, and Buffy moved on to Spike.
                              I think my previous answer, pretty much answers this one to.

Comment

Working...
                              X