Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoney
    replied
    I would say no because their bodies don't 'match' in other ways. They have different genetics and different body parts as opposite genders that come and go with the shift between them. And Ben has his hair cut, but Glory's isn't short too. So I think not.

Leave a comment:

• flow
    replied
    This question came up on another social media platform and I thought it was funny but also kinda clever at the same time:

If in season 5 Ben would lose a limb or maybe an eye or such would Glory be missing the same limb or eye when she takes the driver's seat?

flow

Leave a comment:

• flow
    replied
    Twenty-three leather jackets or leather coats have made it into the selection for the outfit game. Who would have thought? However, I haven't yet checked if they're all different coats and jackets or if she wore one or another more than once.

Four denim jackets. All different. Three of them from season 7.

ETA: Two pics featured the same jacket in different eps. Therefore I kicked one of them out.

flow
    Last edited by flow; Yesterday, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    I was using a bit of hyperbole when I said "old lady" for Buffy's S7 outfits, but thirties to middle age, definitely. Actually her outfit in Chosen that I despise is an exception to that, at least partially: apart from the bleh colours, in shape it looks more like something a little girl could wear, in particular the sleeves and the weird collar. Kind of like a Sunday school outfit.

I agree Buffy also dressed too old for her age in S3, but at least those outfits were stylish and not so boring (more Jackie Kennedy and less old lady).

Leave a comment:

• StateOfSiege97
    commented on 's reply
    i absolutely agree about S3—
    some of her outfits scream soccer mom...

• vampmogs
    replied
    Originally posted by flow View Post
    Yeah, I think so too! I am so excited to see it getting started.

I actually don't think Buffy's season 7 style is something an older woman would wear. I think it's just very down to earth and practical. Nothing fancy, frilly, or fashionable. To me a lot of her outfits from season 3 scream "older woman" and I wonder if they did that to somewhat soften the age gap between Angel and Buffy. I wasn't watching when season 3 aired and don't really know if there was enough backlash after season 2 to justify such a move.

flow
    I don't think Buffy's outfits in S3 have anything to do with Bangel/Angel. I think it's more to do with Faith and them wanting to contrast the two Slayers by making Buffy "the good one" and having her dress pretty conservatively and matronly in comparison to Faith's sexiness/leather. At times they went a little overboard with it, especially at the beginning of Bad Girls before Buffy's follows Faith and starts losing layers and wearing more leather etc.

I think she's dressed too maturely in S7 too. She's only meant to be 22 in that season - barley out of her teens and still college aged - but she's dressing like someone in their early 30's at least, IMO. Some of her S5 outfits are the same as well such as the top she's wearing during the Buffy/Dawn scene in Triangle which looks straight out Joyce's wardrobe.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    But not like the unfashionable, shabby versions I wear though I'm sure.

• flow
    commented on 's reply
    Sometimes she is ;-)

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    Buffy always looks fancy and fashionable to me because she isn't just wearing cotton t-shirts and jeans.

• flow
    replied
    Yeah, I think so too! I am so excited to see it getting started.

I actually don't think Buffy's season 7 style is something an older woman would wear. I think it's just very down to earth and practical. Nothing fancy, frilly, or fashionable. To me a lot of her outfits from season 3 scream "older woman" and I wonder if they did that to somewhat soften the age gap between Angel and Buffy. I wasn't watching when season 3 aired and don't really know if there was enough backlash after season 2 to justify such a move.

flow

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Then this picture is not doing it justice. The ensemble is horrible.

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    I'll pass then. But I'm still glad that BtVS is getting aired and probably gaining new fans.

• Double Dutchess
    replied
    I'm not a fan of Buffy's outfits in S7. As others have said, they are bland and boring. I guess they are used to emphasize that Buffy has matured and is a responsible leader now, but I think they overdid it and put her in clothes that are more suitable for an old lady. Still, I think most of them are fairly inoffensive, except for the one from Chosen that I posted. That's Buffy's only outfit that I truly hate. It's just awful, it makes me shudder to look at it. On the other hand, like Spuffyglitz I really like her Chosen battle outfit. And I don't mind the one that Priceless posted at all.

Seeing the variety of opinions. I think the outfit game that flow is working on could get pretty interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    commented on 's reply
    Call me weird, but other than the vest being too long I don't see much wrong with this outfit!

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Yes it is.
Working...
X