Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not listening to the Orphan Black podcast, but I can certainly see Stasia as Allison

• bespangeled
    commented on 's reply
    So very true! Do you comment on the discord chat? I posted the link to the Fanged Four history, which was a big hit. I am actually really enjoying Orphan Black. Stasia really is Allison, but I'm not sure she realizes it.

• Priceless
    replied
    Pop Culture Role Call - I Remember You; interesting discussion, but I am glad Mike is there or it'd just be a total Angel lovefest

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    I just wish the woke weren't so boring. Being bored makes me more conservative

• bespangeled
    commented on 's reply
    I listen to about half of each podcast. Once that get into the whole "This is not all right!!!!" I move on. I am glad they are woke - I just get tired of the same lecture.

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Well I don't like Noelle so much

• BtVS fan
    replied
    So Chipperish have done Fool For Love
    Lani loves it, Noelle not so much
    https://chipperish.com/2020/04/23/11...or-love-s5-07/

Leave a comment:

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah the Spike love was great to hear. They've not been spoilt so they don't know that Spike is alive and on S5 AtS

• Priceless
    commented on 's reply
    Orphan Black was an okay show, Tatiana Maslany gave a brilliant performance, but I have no desire to re-watch it or listen to a podcast about it, though I think I might be in the minority and it'll get a bigger audience maybe then BtVS

• BtVS fan
    commented on 's reply
    Can't be that much of a fan if they aren't doing Angel S5

• Willow from Buffy
    replied
    Originally posted by flow View Post

Did you listen to it? Is it worth listening to?

flow
    Yes, I really like these guys.

Leave a comment:

• Double Dutchess
    commented on 's reply
    Stasia doesn't like musicals for nothing

• bespangeled
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Just finished Pop Culture Role Call series wrap up. It was really enjoyable. I especially liked that season 6 got so much love, as everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Stasia's biggest gripes where about Angel not keeping the ring of Amara. She was also very concerned about what happened to Angels curse. I think she's still hoping Angel and Buffy will get together.

I enjoyed Stasia calling out Faith and saying that one of her favourite Buffy lines was 'I am better than you' when speaking to Faith.

They were asked if they would have preferred season 5's ending to season 7's and they all said season 7 was a better ending and the character growth in season 6 and 7 was well worth not having season 5 as the finale. I have to say I completely agree with them.

​​​​​ Sorry to see this podcast moving on to Orphan Black, although I really like the show I doubt I'll listen. But I am a fully paid up member of their patreon so I'll be listening to all their Buffy reviews in the future.
    I really enjoyed the outpouring of love at the end of the series. Colin's final discussion about the Buffy fandom, and how incredible we are was enjoyable, and I loved the way he tied that to how the characters on the show relate. He spoke about how he didn't think it was a simple coincidence that we were drawn to the show because it teaches us so much about caring for each other, and it changes us.

Stasia is really a Bangel fan, and even though I am not, I like her pure enjoyment. She explained at one time that she is a sucker for the big dramatic romance with sweeping music and not so much for the gritty realistic story of growth. I love the fact that they were all asked which character they would most like to be if they had to switch and they all said Spike. There was a lot of Spike love there, and throughout the entire series.

I

Leave a comment:

• bespangeled
    commented on 's reply
    I hadn't heard about Orphan Black either - though I was the one who suggested it. That is one of very few shows I find it worthwhile to rewatch again. Amazing show! I resisted it because I thought it had to be dumb but I seriously love it! Dutchess - it you have the time, I highly recommend it, even if you don't listen to the podcast.

• Double Dutchess
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't finished listening to it and haven't gotten to the "Orphan Black" part yet, but that's disappointing news. I would have kept listening if they'd done any show I've seen, even one I wasn't very fond of, but I haven't seen this one so it won't be interesting to me.
Working...
X