Favourite Podcasts part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Which is why I mentioned IWRY. Whoever is playing Buffy can watch that but then they can't have there memory wiped like Buffy so it doesn't work ‍♂️
    Stasia got the start of the episode up until the attack - after that she saw nothing except Buffy saying good bye because her memory was wiped. If a character doesn't see and remember something then they don't get to see it for the podcast. Standing In The Way in OMWF was something Buffy didn't hear so they used the karaoke back up rather than the original song.

They haven't watched Salvage and Release because they aren't x-overs.
    Last edited by bespangeled; 03-02-20, 01:00 AM.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Finally listened to PCRC Orpheus. I loved that they knew nothing of what's been happening to anyone on AtS, it's fun to listen to their shock. Stasia believes Connor was born before Angel met Buffy, and they all hate him by the end
      What's great is that whoever was playing Faith opened the door to Connor being raised in a hell dimension and only being a year or two old. I wonder if producer James will allow questions. If nothing else I am dying to hear Stasia's response.
      Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post

What's great is that whoever was playing Faith opened the door to Connor being raised in a hell dimension and only being a year or two old. I wonder if producer James will allow questions. If nothing else I am dying to hear Stasia's response.
        They really wanted to know who the mother was, but no one mentioned Darla. It's going to be shock when they do find out.

I am so looking forward to their thoughts when they watch the whole of BtVS and AtS. I hope they do a couple or five episodes on their thoughts then.

Comment

Pop Culture Role Call's Dirty Girls episode was good. They had a Faith on again, and it's interesting hearing it from her perspective. I've got Empty Places to listen to, but I'm a bit nervous for that one.

Comment

Well chipperish have done both Yoko and Prime Evil

https://chipperish.com/2020/02/13/10...eval-s4-21-22/

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Which is why I mentioned IWRY. Whoever is playing Buffy can watch that but then they can't have there memory wiped like Buffy so it doesn't work ‍♂️
              Stasia (Buffy) got the beginning until Angel was cut by the horn - and then the very end after the clock was turned back. She didn't see the middle because Buffy's memory was taken away. Each episode is cut so that whoever is doing a given role only sees what their character sees and remembers. The Wish was pretty much all credits, which made Dopplegangland pretty funny. In OMWF no one heard Giles and Tara sing, but they played the karaoke music during the scenes.
              Last edited by bespangeled; 15-02-20, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been openly dubious about this podcast before, so I'm just saying that I'm glad they did these like this.

• bespangeled
                bespangeled commented
                Editing a comment
                It give them a connection with their character, and insight that you just don't get if they see the whole show.

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I've expressed my issues with the idea before more than once, so I'm really not wishing to derail the thread repeating them again. I was wanting to just be positive instead for once by simply saying I'm pleased they chose this option to support their intention with these episodes.

PCRC - Empty Places, started really well because Stasia said this episode bought her to tears, which made me like her even more.

The 'Faith' character made the observation that there was a lot of Faith looking off into the distance in this episode, as though contemplating life and I thought that was a nice catch. They enjoyed the juxtaposition within Caleb of religion and misogyny.

They pick up on Giles hypocrisy of previously lecturing Buffy that she had to focus and not go on dates etc. but now supports Faith taking the potentials to The Bronze. It made Giles seem really biased. Later Stasia gets really man at him and says he's full of shit

They picked up on Faith's character development, on being the one to say lets hold back and think before we jump into this. I enjoy that the Stasia and the 'Faith' have a little bit of niggle, just like their characters.

They did think everyone turning on Buffy and throwing her out was bizarre. Stasia did feel it coming, as she felt estranged as Buffy, which I thought was interesting.

I really enjoyed this. It's one of the best podcasts I've heard on this episode and one of the best from Pop Culture Role Call.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                Double Dutchess commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree it was good. I'm planning to listen to Touched tomorrow while doing chores; looking forward to it (the podcast, not the chores).

Chipperish have done Restless and they don't hold back on the White Supremacy bit

https://chipperish.com/2020/02/20/105-restless-s4-22/

Comment

God save me from these type of ultra/extreme PC reviews. Sorry, but they drive me nuts! Couldn't get past the self flagellation intro I'm afafid.

Comment

Pop Culture Role Call's Touched is another great episode. I hope they are loving the season and not just excited that they're getting to the end

Colin was disappointed Willow didn't regret kicking Buffy out of the house, and wanted more from her. But I like the way he defends Kennedy, as Willow would do. They all agreed that Buffy is not a good political/corporate leader.

Comment

Chipperish have done Buffy v Drac but tbh it sounds like they were struggling for things to say. You could hear Noelle almost give up midway through while Lani seemed a bit demanding of her in this

https://chipperish.com/2020/02/27/10...dracula-s5-01/

Comment

Pop Culture Role Call - End of Days -
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought it was telling that Stasia says she has no clue how Buffy feels about Spike at this point. She doesn't know how to read the show and where the show is telling her to go. I did lose a bit of faith in her ability to read the characters when she says she didn't understand Spike's 'were you there with me' line and Mike had to explain it to her

They get on their moral high horse about Xander drugging Dawn on Buffy's orders. As usual Colin builds up a 30 second Willow scene to twelve minutes of podcasting time. So I fast forwarded through most of him. There was some controversy at calling indigenous people and Egyptians being called pagans. They were a little annoyed that the Guardian was white.

Stasia, a big Bangel fan, was so happy to see Angel and so happy they started making out. She does say 'he must have gotten a personality on Angel because he seems different' which made me laugh.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                        Double Dutchess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think Stasia was too delighted by Angel's return to think straight, and her perception of anything Spuffy-related is seriously skewed because of it. Warning: it gets worse in Chosen!

• bespangeled
                        bespangeled commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup - it does get worse. I'm prompting her on fb. I also asked if we can do spoilers yet. Because if she knew that Angel committed a mass murder with his soul - fell in love with both Darla and Cordy - had a child, and took over the edifice of evil, letting them rape the minds of his people in order to save such son...it might broaden her vision of Angel. Colin and Michael spoke up for Spike. Stasia is still in the high school romance mode but that's okay with me

Double Dutchess I think Stasia was too delighted by Angel's return to think straight, and her perception of anything Spuffy-related is seriously skewed because of it. Warning: it gets worse in Chosen!

bespangled ​​​​​​​Yup - it does get worse. I'm prompting her on fb. I also asked if we can do spoilers yet. Because if she knew that Angel committed a mass murder with his soul - fell in love with both Darla and Cordy - had a child, and took over the edifice of evil, letting them rape the minds of his people in order to save such son...it might broaden her vision of Angel. Colin and Michael spoke up for Spike. Stasia is still in the high school romance mode but that's okay with me

Thanks for the warning. I'm glad Mike and Colin speak up for Spike, he deserves that at least.

​​​​​​​Stasia always was Angel's girl, so this doesn't surprise me. She hasn't seen all that we've seen so her view of Spike is skewed, as is her view of Angel. But I don't think learning all about Angel will change her view too much. We shippers can defend anything can't we, it's our nature to love a couple no matter what. I really like Stasia and I love how she's 'read' Buffy even though I do disagree about a few things, and I keep in mind what she once said about the show constantly pushing her towards Angel and the show wanting her to be always in love with him and not letting her get on with her life without him.

Comment

I didn't expect Stasia to be entirely objective, given that she is a Bangel shipper. And that's OK, I understand. But still, being a shipper myself, I couldn't help but be a bit annoyed that she almost totally glossed over some significant Spuffy stuff.
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

Well, she's seen about 1/2 of Spike's scenes. She never saw Spike and Dawn while she was dead, and all of his scenes that Buffy wasn't in. And she didn't see any of the Angelus scenes that she wasn't in. I just wish she didn't come in as a shipper believing that Spuffy vs Bangel is a key to the show.

And while I agree on the shipping, Stasia is such an innocent. She actually believe Angel is thoroughly good.

I did post the lyrics to what she sang in OMWF about wanting the fire back since she had no idea why the flamey hand clasp.

Comment

Working...
                          X