Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Favourite Podcasts 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Which is why I mentioned IWRY. Whoever is playing Buffy can watch that but then they can't have there memory wiped like Buffy so it doesn't work ‍♂️
    Stasia got the start of the episode up until the attack - after that she saw nothing except Buffy saying good bye because her memory was wiped. If a character doesn't see and remember something then they don't get to see it for the podcast. Standing In The Way in OMWF was something Buffy didn't hear so they used the karaoke back up rather than the original song.

They haven't watched Salvage and Release because they aren't x-overs.
    Last edited by bespangled; 03-02-20, 02:00 AM.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Finally listened to PCRC Orpheus. I loved that they knew nothing of what's been happening to anyone on AtS, it's fun to listen to their shock. Stasia believes Connor was born before Angel met Buffy, and they all hate him by the end
      What's great is that whoever was playing Faith opened the door to Connor being raised in a hell dimension and only being a year or two old. I wonder if producer James will allow questions. If nothing else I am dying to hear Stasia's response.
      Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bespangled View Post

What's great is that whoever was playing Faith opened the door to Connor being raised in a hell dimension and only being a year or two old. I wonder if producer James will allow questions. If nothing else I am dying to hear Stasia's response.
        They really wanted to know who the mother was, but no one mentioned Darla. It's going to be shock when they do find out.

I am so looking forward to their thoughts when they watch the whole of BtVS and AtS. I hope they do a couple or five episodes on their thoughts then.

Comment

Pop Culture Role Call's Dirty Girls episode was good. They had a Faith on again, and it's interesting hearing it from her perspective. I've got Empty Places to listen to, but I'm a bit nervous for that one.

Comment

Well chipperish have done both Yoko and Prime Evil

https://chipperish.com/2020/02/13/10...eval-s4-21-22/

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Which is why I mentioned IWRY. Whoever is playing Buffy can watch that but then they can't have there memory wiped like Buffy so it doesn't work ‍♂️
              Stasia (Buffy) got the beginning until Angel was cut by the horn - and then the very end after the clock was turned back. She didn't see the middle because Buffy's memory was taken away. Each episode is cut so that whoever is doing a given role only sees what their character sees and remembers. The Wish was pretty much all credits, which made Dopplegangland pretty funny. In OMWF no one heard Giles and Tara sing, but they played the karaoke music during the scenes.
              Last edited by bespangled; 15-02-20, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been openly dubious about this podcast before, so I'm just saying that I'm glad they did these like this.

• bespangled
                bespangled commented
                Editing a comment
                It give them a connection with their character, and insight that you just don't get if they see the whole show.

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I've expressed my issues with the idea before more than once, so I'm really not wishing to derail the thread repeating them again. I was wanting to just be positive instead for once by simply saying I'm pleased they chose this option to support their intention with these episodes.

PCRC - Empty Places, started really well because Stasia said this episode bought her to tears, which made me like her even more.

The 'Faith' character made the observation that there was a lot of Faith looking off into the distance in this episode, as though contemplating life and I thought that was a nice catch. They enjoyed the juxtaposition within Caleb of religion and misogyny.

They pick up on Giles hypocrisy of previously lecturing Buffy that she had to focus and not go on dates etc. but now supports Faith taking the potentials to The Bronze. It made Giles seem really biased. Later Stasia gets really man at him and says he's full of shit

They picked up on Faith's character development, on being the one to say lets hold back and think before we jump into this. I enjoy that the Stasia and the 'Faith' have a little bit of niggle, just like their characters.

They did think everyone turning on Buffy and throwing her out was bizarre. Stasia did feel it coming, as she felt estranged as Buffy, which I thought was interesting.

I really enjoyed this. It's one of the best podcasts I've heard on this episode and one of the best from Pop Culture Role Call.

Comment

Working...
              X