Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This hs always annoyed me that in most tv shows like angel or buffy, they always emphasis the powers and then later on you think why dont they jump over it like they did in the 1st episode.
    Like in buffy where she jumped over that gate at the begining of wtth and then on angel when he jumped straight over the wall of the mansion to save cordy from a vampire, that really bugs me.
    Some people say its to get you hooked into the show but why lie and say that there powers are stronger than they actually are!
    OOOOOh it annoys me LOL :<

Comment

• Originally posted by amy1234 View Post
      This hs always annoyed me that in most tv shows like angel or buffy, they always emphasis the powers and then later on you think why dont they jump over it like they did in the 1st episode.
      Like in buffy where she jumped over that gate at the begining of wtth and then on angel when he jumped straight over the wall of the mansion to save cordy from a vampire, that really bugs me.
      Some people say its to get you hooked into the show but why lie and say that there powers are stronger than they actually are!
      OOOOOh it annoys me LOL :<
      I don't really understand what you mean. I mean there have been a few inconsistencies but I don't see how you can have a problem with the examples you've given. Angel and Buffy don't have to jump around all the time, only when they need to ad in any respect the two of them have shown other feats of paternatural ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
        Well what are these pics that make you think so? I'd be interested to see them....
        Here's the pix you've seen em before.........maybe it means nothing to you but it does to me

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/g...p&cat=25&pos=3

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/g...album=29&pos=2

http://perfect-despair.net/touched/g...p&cat=25&pos=7
        You Are The Only One
        Who Ever Touched My Heart
        It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

• Two questions: The first dude with Jasmine, and Spike being a 'ghost'.

Hi all. Got two questions.

In season four of Angel, the first dude who attacks Jasmine seemingly had no contact with Jasmine or her blood, yet can see her for what she 'really is'. Does anyone know why he could? Or was it just Lady Luck kicking Jasmine in the preverbial dinglies?

And in season five of Angel, Spike's ghost-like state, does he ever actually get 'cured' of that? Or does he just work out how touch things after Hellbound? Also, wasn't he bound to the Wolfram & Hart building or something? Or did that go after Hellbound as well?

... We really need the 'Ask the Experts' section back. I liked that.
          Slayer
          (My brand new Buffy RPG site)

Comment

• Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
            So is first and last position always best? And doesn't the last position have to do with physical age as well, not necessarily with position on the show (b/c otherwise, Cordy is more important on Angel than Wes is, especially in season 1).

I like to think that JM took Cordy's place in the credits b/c he was Angel's new love interest! But it does make sense that he did, since he was essentially taking Cordy's place on Angel....

It depends. When your name is last it doesn't mean anything special unless it says "And Alexis Denisof as or "With Alexis Denisof." It has to say something else with your name.

Some shows just put the names in alphabetical order.

I heard Holly Marie Combs had to make a fuss to get credited that way on Charmed. She is yonger than Rose Mcgowan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Storm_Warning View Post
              Hi all. Got two questions.

In season four of Angel, the first dude who attacks Jasmine seemingly had no contact with Jasmine or her blood, yet can see her for what she 'really is'. Does anyone know why he could? Or was it just Lady Luck kicking Jasmine in the preverbial dinglies?

And in season five of Angel, Spike's ghost-like state, does he ever actually get 'cured' of that? Or does he just work out how touch things after Hellbound? Also, wasn't he bound to the Wolfram & Hart building or something? Or did that go after Hellbound as well?

... We really need the 'Ask the Experts' section back. I liked that.

Well, in the General Jossverse Discussion Thread there is a section for Random Angel questions...

To answer your second question, Spike was bound to W&H in his ghost-like state and he did learn to touch and move things in Hellbound. However a few episodes later, in Destiny, he receives a package in the mail that when he opens it flashes and 'poof' he's corporeal again. So, he was 'cured' of that...

As far as the Jasmine question, I honestly don't remember - wasn't a big fan of the storyline so I haven't watched that season as much as others...
              sigpic

Comment

• Oh yeah, I remember that bit... Is it bad that I'm attempting to write an Angel Season 6 VS when I haven't watched season 5 in like, a year?... Must go buy that once I have money...
                Slayer

Comment

• ok, the Jasmin question...Jasmin got cut during the fight in the bowling alley, and she bled. as far as i can remember, the guy runs past her, and somehow got into contact with her blood. it's not very clear in the actual ep, but i'm assuming that that's what's supposed to have happened.
                  Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Yeah as Lyri states, Jasmine was cut by a vampire in the fight in the bowling alley. The man came in contact with Jasmine's blood and this is why he saw her true face. However, this is supposed to be implied rather than directly shown as at this point we weren't supposed to know it was Jasmine's blood that made people see her for what she was.

Notedly, the real question is why the man's face turned deformed on one side, no one elses did after coming into contact with her blood. And unlike Angel and Fred who actually had to see Jasmine before realising what she was, for some reason Wes, Lorne and Gunn only had to come into contact with the blood for the spell to wear off, they never actually saw Jasmine before being miserable that they knew the truth. In The Magic Bullet Fred shoots the bullet through Jasmine and into Angel, causing her blood to go into him. However, Angel leaps over attacks friend and doesn't seem effected at all until Fred tells him to look at Jasmine, which is when the effects of the spell then wear off. However, Gunn, Wes and Lorne never saw Jasmine and the spell immediatly wore off.
                    "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

Comment

• Well for the dude whose face got demonised, I thought it was something that Jasmine did directly to him. To punish him or something. 'Cause, if I'm not mistaken, the side that got mutated was the side that Jasmine touched after Angel beat him up.

Perhaps with Gunn, Wes and Lorne, because Jasmines magic was so powerful on them at that point, that they felt the love go imediantly. Perhaps, as Fred and Angel got her blood slightly earlier, it took time for the effect of the blood to come in to play.
                      Slayer

Comment

• Blood apparently has a lot of effect on Jasmine. There was an episode, i think, that said blood magic as the most powerful and primal of all magics. Cordy's Blood basically destroyed Jasmine's illusion mojo, as well as the matter of her name which destroys her power (which is pretty lovecraft by the way). Connor, oddly seems to be the only one who was special in the matter as he was immuned, blood or no blood.

Comment

• I asked this question before in the former Buffy forum but idnt get the answer,so here's the question again:

-Does Buffy knew about Connor & if she does who told her about him?
                          You Are The Only One
                          It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

• We don't really know, is the simple answer to that - it is never made explicit on-screen.

The chances are that Buffy did know of Connor's existence, since when Willow came to visit and help out in AtS season four she already knew who he was without having to be told. If Willow knew it seems safe to assume that Buffy also knew. Just how they found out and who told them, we are never told. But we do know that Cordelia and Willow remained in touch after Cordelia left Sunnydale, exchanging phone calls and so on. So the chances are that Cordelia passed on the news. But we aren't told for sure.

Comment

• I agree with Llywela, Buffy had to know because Willow knew and Willow wouldn't have sat on that one.

But, of course, she may not know now, because of the whole pillaging of memory thing Angel agreed to when he took the W&H job.
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

• Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post

But, of course, she may not know now, because of the whole pillaging of memory thing Angel agreed to when he took the W&H job.

WHAT I thought that worked only on his team!!!
                                You Are The Only One
                                It Will Always Be Yours.

To The Icon Maker,Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X