Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Would you have watched a Willow-led TV series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you have watched a Willow-led TV series?

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I understand that Faith the Vampire Slayer was more viable given Faith arguably had more storylines to tell and Eliza Dushku was a bigger draw than Alyson Hannigan, but a Willow-led series could easily simply replace Buffy with Willow as leader (as the TV series did in BtVS S1-S6 when Buffy wasn't available).

I also never fully understood the Dawn the Vampire Slayer thing. Was Alyson Hannigan and James Marsters ever going to accept drastic paycuts for Michelle Trachtenberg to lead the series or was Michelle simply going to receive a skyrocketed pay boost to keep those like Aly and James?

* I also considered James Marsters wasn't approached to lead a series because James simply wouldn't want the workload.
    Yes, in general
    64.71%
    Yes, only if Spike was in the series
    5.88%
    Yes, only if Xander was in the series
    11.76%
    Yes, only if "Angel" still got a Season 5
    5.88%
    Yes, only if Sarah Michelle Gellar guest starred
    5.88%
    Yes, only if Michelle Trachtenberg guest starred or was in the series
    0%
    No, in general
    17.65%
    No, because I wanted Spike in "Angel" S5 and "Willow" couldn't work without Spike
    5.88%
    Last edited by MikeB; 16-01-20, 11:39 AM.

It it were a Whedon show, of course I'd have watched. I'd watch it in the same way I watched Angel, in that 'Willow the show' would be an extension of the Buffyverse and I'd watch it just because of that. I may not end up loving everything about it, but I am sure there'd be great episodes and moments just as there are in AtS.

James Marsters is a jobbing actor, I am sure he'd have loved to have his own show. I just don't think it was viable that he would continue to play a vampire when he was aging. You can only play such a role for so long and he'd been Spike for six years.

I'd have watched a Ripper show, a Faith the Slayer show, a Dawn blob of green energy show, a Slayer School show, a Gunn runs his own detective agency show, an Illyria takes on LA show etc. etc. etc. Anything Buffyverse related, I would have watched. I'd watch it today. If suddenly J August Richards announced his 'Gunn For Hire' show, I'd be all over that

Comment

Having failed to enjoy Angel although I truly like the character I don't think I would have watched Willow, the series. Truth be told I think her story was more or less told. At the end of season 7 she was a grown up and mature woman as well as an immensly powerful witch. Actually the comics have ecactly this issue with Willow. Unless for the times when magic is on hold due to the destruction of the seed Willow is so powerful that she almost fixes everything. She can fly, she can travel through dimensions... What kind of stories are there to tell in a tv-show?

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Sure, I would've given it a try. Willow isn't one of my favorite characters, but I think that her status as a witch and her history with the Slayer(s) could've opened up a lot of interesting storylines. Would definitely have preferred to see at least recurring Xander, given how pivotal their relationship was to her arc in S6.

Comment

Of course.

I'd watch almost anything based on Buffyverse. Unless it's about Riley, his wife and their fellow soldiers and featured none of the other Buffyverse characters.
          (Ivana Milićević in a military role is way, way better as Colonel Charmaine Diyoza on The 100.)

But Willow is certainly one of the best and most interesting of Buffy characters. She's not my favorite, but she's in top 5 (for Buffy, not all of Buffyverse, because then I'm adding Darla, and Angel, who is way better on AtS) and is certainly one of the best developed characters, who could carry her own show.
          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I might even watch a Mr & Mrs Finn show, that's how desperate I am to see anything Buffyverse related. I even read the BOOM comics

Comment

Reading the boom comics......now that's desperation
              ā€œ

I like who I am when Iā€™m with him. I like who we are together.ā€

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                Reading the boom comics......now that's desperation
                Don't I know it

Comment

YES!!! Ake6myf.gif
                  Last edited by a thing of evil; 26-01-20, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Willow is my favourite Buffyverse character so for me its a no-brainer for me. Putting that aside I think as long as she was given a fresh story it could work well. Personally I wouldn't have much connection to the old characters or story. Maybe the odd cameo. A Willow solo show would work today more than ever what with the take off of streaming and all. Who knows maybe David Lynch will still give us that Audrey series?

Comment

I really like Willow and think she's an interesting enough character to carry her own show, given that the writing would be solid enough to walk me through it.
                      That said, I'm more of a punch punch kick kick kind of gal, so I don't know that I'd be that interesting in heavily exploring the magic side of things.
                      What a challenge, honesty
                      What a struggle to learn to speak
                      Who would've thought that pretending was easier

Comment

• DeepBlueJoy
                        DeepBlueJoy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        as long as it didn't turn into charmed, the individual version, now with extra estrogen, I probably could live with a magic based show.

To those of you who said they would watch a Willow solo tv show: What kind of story-line do you think would work? What would you like to see Willow doing or going through or achieving?

flow
                      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
                        To those of you who said they would watch a Willow solo tv show: What kind of story-line do you think would work? What would you like to see Willow doing or going through or achieving?

flow
                        If that show began today, then I think it would be rather unique. We'd have a middle aged lesbian witch as the lead character. In today's world of identity politics, we have 3 id's there to build stories around. Willow could easily be a Marvel type character, doing good by day, perhaps running that women's centre, fighting crime at night, keeping her witchy powers under wraps. Of course she'd be constantly struggling against her inner evil DarkWillow.

Comment

• DeepBlueJoy
                          DeepBlueJoy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I might watch your version of this mythical Willow show! I see her working as an ME in a morgue somewhere... Her wife is considering leaving her...

No. Though the middle aged lesbian on the outs with her old friends might be interesting.

Willow was too wilful for me, pretty much from the beginning, she didn't believe rules applied to her, but she applied them to others. I found her interesting in her interactions with the others, but by the end of the series I had a hard time liking her. I created a post series ensemble story where she is a major character, but she had to grow a lot past the character she had become during season six and seven. She was always too self centered, and not in a way that i found interesting.

Too clingy, too arrogant, too needy.

Comment

personally, my number one wish is to have Drusilla the Vampire Slayer become a real TV show... but that's why i wrote my series

Comment

Working...
                          X